Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:02:12 PM EDT
Thinking about getting the Magpul MOE AK furniture for my seldom shot 10/63.  Any real life users of the MOE furniture?  Did you use a cheek riser?  What height? Don't really care for the Zukoff, just the MOE stuff.  
I will probably pick up a few Gen mags also.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My AKMS is set up with their grip and hand guards. I really like them and they fit really snug so no wiggles etc...  I also use the mags from time to time and have had zero issues. My next AK will be outfitted with their furniture for sure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the MOE grip, stock, and mag. The grip and stock are very solid and way more comfortable than the regular ones. And while I bought two cheek risers for it, I don't really need them as it's as perfect as can be with iron sights.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
www.youtube.com
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Last build got an Ultimak, MOE lower HG, and pistol grip. I like the built in forward handstop built into the MOE lower HG and that it does a good job of shielding your hand from the Ultimak when it heats up. Also a fan of the pistol grip since it seems to place my hand perfectly for consistent trigger pull. I didn't go with the MOE stock since you had to buy separate risers for it, I went with the Archangel stock instead.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Have the MOE stuff on my 47. It's great. No complaints.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
No riser needed for the MOE stock, it raises the line of the stock plenty high. It's a good stock, the attachment mechanism is silly and likely a weak point, but it's been okay so far. The compartment is nice, little AK cleaning kit fits perfectly with some room for patches.

The AKM handguard works fine, but your sling loop will be all but useless unless you trim quite a bit from that area. FYI it's called an "MOE" AK stock but the slots in it are M-lok, not MOE.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, thanks for all the reviews.  I did in fact look at the YouTube video also.  Ordered from Brownell's so it should be here .... well when the USPS damn well thinks I need it.  Ordered the MOE fore end and MOE stock.  I have the Hogue and really like it so keeping that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I gave my new wasr10 the magpul treatment.  Went with the rubberized grip.  Fit perfect and feels fantastic.  Got the moe handguard that requires cutting off the sling loop.  Worth it.  Will never burn my hand again and can get my hand forward a little.  Doesn't fit as tight as I'd like but its an AK so I live with it.  Stock I went Moe.  Great looking stock with useful storage compartment and hard rubber recoil pad to stay put on your shoulder when shooting.  Comb height is perfect.  Attachment is a little sketchy and stock doesn't butt up to the receiver perfect but it feels solid so that's good enough for me.  All worth the money to me.  Made my new favorite AK more comfortable and ergonomically friendly at a decent price.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
https://youtu.be/UX8AalA8tQk
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have MOE stock, grip, and handguard.

The stock and grip are great but I dislike the handguard since mounting anything on it is all but useless.

I'll be switching to either the Manticore Alfa or Krebs and will use an IWC thorntail to have more natural/comfortable access to my light.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Really happy with the MagPul AK furniture.

Solid made, tough as boiled old owl, reasonable price, attractive and functional

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The stock and grip are great but I dislike the handguard since mounting anything on it is all but useless.

I'll be switching to either the Manticore Alfa or Krebs and will use an IWC thorntail to have more natural/comfortable access to my light.
View Quote

What did you try to mount to it?  I've mounted a couple of things to it with no issue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I used Magpul mlok polymer cantilever rail and magpul Vmount light kit.

That doesn't mount the light far enough forward and it sits too far off the rifle. Very uncomfortable and takes up too much of the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What did you try to mount to it?  I've mounted a couple of things to it with no issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too, mounted a VFG and it works great, also installed a QD sling bucket since the retainer sling loop is pretty worthless unless I hack a ton of material out, wish the handguard was longer. That's all i'll ever mount on it though since anything else is really useless tacticool silliness.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Me too, mounted a VFG and it works great, also installed a QD sling bucket since the retainer sling loop is pretty worthless unless I hack a ton of material out, wish the handguard was longer. That's all i'll ever mount on it though since anything else is really useless tacticool silliness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I mounted on mine.   It's great.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I used Magpul mlok polymer cantilever rail and magpul Vmount light kit.

That doesn't mount the light far enough forward and it sits too far off the rifle. Very uncomfortable and takes up too much of the handguard.
View Quote

Yeah I could see that. It isn't very long.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top