Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/7/2016 7:16:23 PM EDT
I just installed the ALG AK trigger on my PAP M92 SBR, and the hammer slides a bit side to side on the pin. The hammer never loses contact with the trigger or the disconnect, but I don't like having that movement and I don't remember it being there with the factory hammer. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Or am I just over reacting?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Normal, nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this on mine. Was concerned, but reinstalled a couple more times working on how the hammer spring was on there, and it got a lot less :D
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI: 3 ways to make an AK part, due to all the variations in receivers;

a) you make it to minimum spec, it slops around in everything but will be a true "drop-in" part for those afraid to use some sandpaper/file.
b) you make it to maximum spec, and it requires fitting in 95% of receivers, I MUCH prefer my parts to be made this way, it's true that some clearance is necessary, desirable, and a part of the design in the first place, but I like to decide what gets cleared and by how much.
c) you split the difference, half require fitting, the other half drop in and slop around.

If you want a max spec trigger that doesn't slide back and forth, find a triggerset out of a Chicom, a Poly or a Mak, the triggers are large and fill the space in the receiver cut-out nicely, might even have to sand a bit to fit. The hammers can be hit or miss and the disconnector doesn't really matter, I use whatever I have laying around that has the most disconnector engagement.

I almost never see a hammer that has too much slop.

You can always nickel plate parts to add a few thousandths, it's super easy.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Duramaxman0909,

The side to side movement is normal, it is there to accommodate the variations in AK receivers. Just make sure the mainspring has proper tension on the trigger and the hammer is not rubbing on the side of the trigger hook. If this is OK, then you are good to go. I hope this helps.

-Geissele Customer Service
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the response. I've shot it a few times with no issues, I was just concerned when I first installed it. Thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top