Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/7/2016 3:34:04 AM EDT
I currently own a few of the newer Wasr's with the nice wood..

I like the wood but hate the crappy black plastic pistol grip.

Would love to be able to purchase a few U.S. wooden grips that match the wood color and finish on the current batch of imported Wasr's

Anyone have any idea ?

BTW,  what exacly is the wood type and finish on these guns anyways ?

Also anyone know of a good place to send the stocks to  have them cut for cleaning kits and trapdoor butt plates ?

thanks

Barbcue
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Ironwood Designs can probably help you out.

I'm not sure what type of wood or finish is used on the WASR though.

ETA: The European beechwood looks like it may be the one, again I still don't know what finish to apply.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think WASR are birch but not shire. Zestava uses beach wood that finishes very very nice. If looking for new wood I agree with Sputnik556 http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDNEWRom_2.html is the best.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
TANKS !
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The furniture you seek is known as Blonde. If you could get your hands on a Hungarian blonde wood grip I think it would match perfectly and not crush your wallet at the same time. Maybe you could find one at a gun show or even EE. The picture below isn't mine, its actually from another web site. If you google Hungarian Blonde wood grip you will find this picture. Guys wants way too much for it. $40! I think you could find one much cheaper. I'll keep my eye out as I would like one as well. If I find a source I will IM you the link.

HUNGARIAN Blonde SA85M Wood Grip (Most likely US made)

ETA: Like previous posters stated from ironwood and to stay 922(r) compliant you could order this grip. To finish it Blonde just do a coat of tung oil then shelac it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI, beech is the wood used, not hard to find amongst the custom shops
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI, beech is the wood used, not hard to find amongst the custom shops
View Quote

This helped greatly.

I found a double pack of Beech grips for $12.99 here.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top