Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:44:18 AM EDT
I purchased one of the SLR-107UR SBRs from K-Var in November.  I just found out that they did not send in the transfer to dealer paperwork until last week.  I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?  I am hoping to file the form 3 on my current trust before the 41P changes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck man. I put my order in end of October, and my dealer hasn't seen anything at all. Supposedly the form 3s just came back from Arsenal after a 10 week wait from the ATF. I'm no so sure I buy that...
I'm writing it off, until I get an email that it ships. I am not holding my breath,
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck man. I put my order in end of October, and my dealer hasn't seen anything at all. Supposedly the form 3s just came back from Arsenal after a 10 week wait from the ATF. I'm no so sure I buy that...
I'm writing it off, until I get an email that it ships. I am not holding my breath,
View Quote

I know Robert said 10 weeks but I think that was including the form 2 time, not sure though since everything I hear from K-Var is a bit vague
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just to let you know, I had a Form 3 submitted the week of or after Thanksgiving that was approved on 2/2 so the 10 weeks for Form 3's may not actually be off. (Mine was for a can from SilencerShop)
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My Form 3 is submitted
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I gathered (and this could be false), all the Form 3's from the initial batch of SBR's are submitted, we are just playing the waiting game at this point. If the 10 week lead time is true, with the massive influx of forms that were submitted after 41P, it may be a while before we actually see our rifles. It took 13 months for my last form 4 to come back... I hope I didn't spread my bad luck onto you guys! Maybe the supposed new examiners will speed the process up... Again, I am not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It took 10 weeks because the rifles didn't exist. They grabbed our cash up front though. Not sure that is standard practice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It took 10 weeks because the rifles didn't exist. They grabbed our cash up front though. Not sure that is standard practice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what upset me, they took full payment and did not tell me that they would not have the SBR or be able to send in the form 3 until the last week of January.  If I had known this, I would have gotten the rifle and done a Form 1.  Now my question is will I be able to file the Form 4 before the 41P changes.  It would not surprise me if ATF stops processing form 1 and 4s until the 41P changes take effect.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is what upset me, they took full payment and did not tell me that they would not have the SBR or be able to send in the form 3 until the last week of January.  If I had known this, I would have gotten the rifle and done a Form 1.  Now my question is will I be able to file the Form 4 before the 41P changes.  It would not surprise me if ATF stops processing form 1 and 4s until the 41P changes take effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW--on the akfiles they stated that this would be the case.  The rifles weren't actually made until they took the orders then the factory made them (at least according to K-VAR)
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FWIW--on the akfiles they stated that this would be the case.  The rifles weren't actually made until they took the orders then the factory made them (at least according to K-VAR)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i've given Arsenal/K-Var enough money over the years that they could have built a time machine by now so my form 3 would've already been approved and the gun shipped soon as it cleared customs
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
It will look something like this

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I would have bought a rifle, and had my form 1 almost completed by now, had I known that was the case. I don't remeber seeing anywhere stated that rifles were in stock, however the sbrs were not. I was under the assumtion that the rifles and sbrs were built at the same time, in the same batch. I don't think the fact that they were not was disclosed to us, at all.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed. I would have bought a rifle, and had my form 1 almost completed by now, had I known that was the case. I don't remeber seeing anywhere stated that rifles were in stock, however the sbrs were not. I was under the assumtion that the rifles and sbrs were built at the same time, in the same batch. I don't think the fact that they were not was disclosed to us, at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read about them on AKfiles and it was pretty clear there that if you wanted the SBR you'd have to wait for the F2 and two F3's before it made it to your SOT
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I read about them on AKfiles and it was pretty clear there that if you wanted the SBR you'd have to wait for the F2 and two F3's before it made it to your SOT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was misinformed by the salesperson, who told me my form was filed and it would be shipped in about 10 weeks from the November order date.  I did not learn that the form 3 was actually sent in late January until last week, all of the communications prior to this was that it was sent and that they were waiting for it to ship to my SOT.  Only real issue is the lack of knowledge of their staff in the process, they should have been able to tell me about the delays when I asked, before ordering.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From what I gathered (and this could be false), all the Form 3's from the initial batch of SBR's are submitted, we are just playing the waiting game at this point. If the 10 week lead time is true, with the massive influx of forms that were submitted after 41P, it may be a while before we actually see our rifles. It took 13 months for my last form 4 to come back... I hope I didn't spread my bad luck onto you guys! Maybe the supposed new examiners will speed the process up... Again, I am not holding my breath.
View Quote

Surprisingly, it looks like right after 41p was ammounced, form 1 and 4 turn around times started to nosedive.  I definitely didn't expect that.  So you guys with form 3's for these may get them sooner than you think.  

http://nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top