Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2016 12:18:59 PM EDT
So ive made my mind up i want an underfolder, however im not extremely knowledgeable with ak's so which one could i get and put the magpul grip and forend on possibly if i feel up to it a rail. Im looking at these for a trunk gun. so i want it to be not tactical or traditonal but functional to my use i will shoot it alot but at the end of the day i wanna just throw it in the car  and go. Also will be using a PA micro dot on it

EDIT: forgot to say ive been looking at the AK63D and the DDI stamped underfolders. And ill mention im not 100% opposed to a wasr with a zhukov on it i just dont like the zhukov that much
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Budget would be a good start. Some people would throw a $1200 gun in the trunk and some wouldnt. Stamped or milled would help them tell u options.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say look at the NPAP DF in that range. Throw an Ultimak and a micro dot on it and it's a good budget trunk gun. I love mine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Id like to stay from $600 - $1000. Im open to either milled or stamped. though stamped is what i seem to lean towards
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an AK63D roughly a month ago(thanks to AKOU & mrgunsandgear) and I do not regret it at all. The underfolder stock is vert tight on mine, the action is smooth as butter and the century 2 stage trigger is actually really nice. I wish they would have nitrided it, but for the money it's a nice rife
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The Zastava N-Pap DF is a great deal right now.  While the DDI and AK-63D are good AKs, the N-Pap is a high quality AK made by Zastava in Serbia.  It is top quality and it has more potential to increase in value for the future.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold one of the older milled SAS M7's with US made reciever intending to turn around and buy the Bulgarian made SAS M7.  

I never got around to it.

I would go that route, expensive, yes. But they hold value very well. As a matter of fact all Arsenal AK's usually gain value.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#9]
That Atlantic downfolder looks nice with the red furniture!
That said, I have a milled Chinese under folder and it is my least favorite gun to shoot.
It is hard to get a good cheek weld with an under folding stock
If you have a side rail, You cannot put anything on it or the stock will not fold.
If you use an Ultimak, or any rail that puts a red dot above the iron sights, you have to use a very uncomfortable " chin weld" to get your eye up to the sight height.
There are some very nice side folders that work a lot better than a down folder
The Russians have abandoned the down folder in favor of a side folder
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#11]
That buttstock is sweet!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#12]
npap df. 100%
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#13]
N-pap df or used sam7uf
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Atlantic:

I want one of those Bakelite handguard sets, will they be made available as parts?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#15]
When will the underfolder and fixed stock versions be available? I definitely want one of these

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a new AK Under folder model coming out from High Standard , It will be built on a Hungarian kit and chrome lined barrel . It will also have the New Atlantic Arms MFG Bakelite Style stock set with matching pistol grip. In the picture you see the new furniture set that are US made the bayonet and mag are original imported parts .

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/bakerifles%20(2%20of%204).jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Any idea on price? I am really interested now

Quoted:
The High Standard Folders with the Atlantic Arms Bakelite style furniture will be out later this week, Fixed stock Models in approx 2 -3 weeks . The full Stock sets sold as a complete set in early March FYI the buttock with have the Old School Style Trap Door for your cleaning kit !!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Excellent! I shall have one

Quoted:
We should have a firm price and listing in the next 24 -48 hours on the folder rifles .
View Quote

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top