Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/28/2015 1:07:40 AM EDT
I tried putting a magpul zhukov hand guard on my father in-laws opap as a gift, and the gas tube cover for the zhukov is a bit too short for his opap. Do all the paps have longer top handguard covers? If so, would it work instead on a RAS47? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Yugo rifles like the OPAP and NPAP are built on the M70-pattern. The Zhukov handguard you have was designed for AKM-patterned rifles. M70s have, amongst other differences, longer handguards than AKMs.

Yes, the Zhukov will fit properly on an RAS47.

Just out of curiosity, did the lower portion of the Zhukov fit the OPAP's barrel without modification?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the quick info! I didn't even try installing the lower portion after lining up the gas tube covers so I wouldn't know. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a video on YouTube of an install on a m77. It would be a very similar process on any other yugo pattern.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top