Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/21/2015 10:39:44 PM EDT
I looked one over at a nearby gunshop today.............price wasn't that bad. Anyone know anything about these?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The 1960 milled polish is supposed to be a great rifle. I missed out on one years ago and still regret it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the better builds Century has sold. I regret not getting one at their $600 intro price. Quality receiver, quality parts, and quality (Green Mountain IIRC) barrel - though not chrome lined. .
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies..............this rifle has the slant brake, no cleaning rod and is around 899.......is this one to go for?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and it is a great shooter.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
The one I am looking at is exactly like that one

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an early one, canted front sight, milling marks in the receiver and loose front to back mag well,also seemed too heavy so i stuck to stamped receivers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That is nice! How much do those run?

Quoted:
They are nice builds and the bonus the scope rail mount

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/akmlpack%20(4%20of%2018).jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Is Century (ATM) doing these again? I bought 3 in the initial run. Great rifles. Mine all looked and worked perfect. I had to modify a cleaning rod to fit underneath, an AK just looks naked without one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/akmlpack%20(4%20of%2018).jpg

Just an FYI, that one is built with AKM parts while scromer's is built with AK47 parts.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info

Quoted:
Just an FYI, that one is built with AKM parts while scromer's is built with AK47 parts.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The 1960 milled polish is supposed to be a great rifle. I missed out on one years ago and still regret it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
The Century ones are very good (especially for a Century Rifle) and love the one my buddy has as much as my Arsenal SAM7...

Only thing is, ONLY the "The Bolt Carrier & Furniture" are "Polish" (maybe the Sight Blocks also)!!! The rest is American made (Milled Receiver, Barrel, FCG, etc)

The one from Atlantic is likely more authentic... Not sure though.

The Century ones are about 5 years old so no returns if it has issues, the Atlantic one would have a warranty!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Btw, are the "Heavy Green Mountain Barrels" (that everyone speaks so highly of) what are on the "Polish 1960"?

I read from a gunsmith on a forum that the Century "Polish 1960" has a Barrel with a unique diameter so changing barrels is not an easy task.

OR, is all the fuss about the newer "Nitrided/Melonite" coated "Green Mountain Heavy Barrels"? (Being the Polish 1960 ones aren't even Chrome Lined!)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know? I realize I posted question that kinda late so it likely got pushed back.

Just wondering if the "Century Polish 1960" has the "desired" Green Mtn heavy barrels people speak of (although the Polish model has a "Non-Chrome lined" one), or if its just an odd size and the ones people desire are the newer "Nitrided" ones?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top