Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:46:25 AM EDT
I have 2 junk AKs. I want to take these 2 rifles and use them as parts kits for new, QUALITY  builds. I have purchased 2 Nodak receivers. One of the barrels is crap and I have since purchased a replacement for it from AK Builder.com.

First of all, let me state that I don't have unlimited resources (i.e. money). But, I do want a quality build that can be trusted.

I know that Jim Fuller is probably the premier AK builder in the country. However, the cost is high and the wait time is long.

Who would you recommend me contacting to perform these builds to a high standard at the least amount of cost and wait time?

If it matters, I live in the South East (SC). There is a builder in Charleston, SC ( Holy City Rifleworks ) but I have no idea about the quality of his work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
you might consider asking on AKfiles, there are several respected builders there who do good work at good prices.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Who would you recommend me contacting to perform these builds to a high standard at the least amount of cost and wait time?
View Quote

These three things are not found together.  You can have one.  Sometimes, on rare occasion, two.  Not all three.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Chris Butler at AK USA

Contact info:
Chris Butler
AK-USA Manufacturing, Inc.
Type 07 FFL/SOT
3112-1 Palm Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901

239-334-4231
239-226-4232 FAX

[email protected]
[email protected]

www.ak-103.com

He cut and crowned the barrel of one of my Arsenal SAM7Ks and replaced the FS/GB so that I could replace the factory fake Krinkov muzzle device with a Bulgarian 4-piece flash hider. He did a superb job and I will use his services again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
CMP does really nice work. Reasonable costs. Located in North Carolina.
TC
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Mario @ Piece of History Firearms in Tucson. GP is located outside of Phoenix FWIW.
+1 for Chris Butler.

i wouldn't call Jim Fuller the best--certainly wouldn't pay $2500 for a rifle with a Greem Mountain barrel
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]
+ 2 for Chris Butler, his work is second to none.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top