Quoted:

Are these a limited run?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im on the fence on buying one of these.

Thought about it all day at work and i think im going to pass as im just not into going through all the BS to get the tax stamp,etc

The price is outstanding,IF i do buy one it will remain unfired in the box untouched as an investment.

These will only go up in price,once they are sold out look for $2K+ on auction sites

Are these a limited run?

Yes, the last time the 107UR was offered was 8 years ago.Arsenal is filling military contracts overseas and made a small run of the 107UR for the US market

Almost a guarantee that once these are gone prices will go up,up and up again.It may take a fe months but expect to see these listed on auction sites for $1800-2K+ easily

These are a solid investment,if you have the means to buy one or two and keep it in the box in mint condition you will have a nice profit in due time.If i buy one thats what im going to do with it
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wish i had the random cash for one. I'll probably miss out seeing these are most likely a limited run.
View Quote

Honestly im watching the EE and gunbroker for people who are trying to gather up the cash to buy a 107UR and selling off other cool AK's or AR's

I think these will stay in stock for a few weeks so maybe it will give you enough time to get the funds.

Btw K-Var does do layaway with 25% down at ordering and 90 days to pay off the balance.Something to think about.Just give them a call and ask about the layaway plan
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Has K-var said when the actuall delivery date would be?
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Has K-var said when the actuall delivery date would be?
View Quote

Robert at K-Var said there is two shipments coming in.

The first shipment will be for those that paid in full and will ship sometime around the middle of November.
These will be charged $10 on your credit card when you pre order and when the rifle ships in mid November the balance of the rifle will be charged to your CC

The second shipment will come shortly after the first(near the end of November) and this shipment will be for the layaway purchases.The second shipment will be much smaller than the first

If you layaway you will be charged $10 and when the rifles arrive the minimum 25% down payment will be charged to your CC. You will then have 90 days from that day to pay off the rifle.
You can put more than 25% down and pay as often as you want.To opt for the layaway plan you MUST call in your order to speak with a live person over the phone for details

Here is the layaway rules-This is the option im thinking of going with.

https://www.k-var.com/shop/layaway_plan
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to mention that they are working on getting the online ordering for the 107URon their website as we speak.

Should be up soon.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't imagine what's taking them so long.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can't imagine what's taking them so long.
View Quote

Lol, probably the amount of phone calls from people pre ordering. Mini panic run on Krinks
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wish i had the random cash for one. I'll probably miss out seeing these are most likely a limited run.
View Quote

Robert from KVAR stated that they only received 15% of their SLR-107UR order from Bulgaria and they won't be getting anymore due to the military contracts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
This video may help you to decide to get a 107UR

Sacha with her Suchka

https://vimeo.com/61287197
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Just called my pre order in and put a SLR107-51 on layaway with $400 down. Total came to $1329.00 shipped

Only owe $929 on it and its mine. Off to the EE to sell some stuff

Im pretty excited,always wanted a factory Krink,now was the time to get one.

Total time on the phone was less than 5 minutes,they will ask for your name,address,etc then what model you want.Very easy process

Guys, just a tip if you buy the 107-51 the polymer stock is US made so you get the original Bulgarian gas piston.

If you buy the triangle stock version the stock is Bulgarian so they replace the Bulgarian gas piston with a US made piston for 922r.Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
They are up on K-Var

Looks like they have 50 left of each of the non SBR models and 10 each of the SBR models

Going quick

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SLR-107-Series-7.62x39-Caliber-Bulgarian-Stamped-Receiver-Rifles/
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
True.  Probably BARELY cheaper to convert the rifle, versus buying the SBR initially.

It's considerably cheaper if you cut the barrel yourself.  It's stupid easy.. costs about $75 in tools.

$1300 rifle
$100ish muzzle device
$60 engraving
$75 tools

$1535 total.  Didn't include stamp since you are paying that for both the factory or DIY SBR.

Not to mention, you get to ensure your rifle isn't a turd before you commit to that tax stamp!

Unless your rear sight looks like this
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/Mobile%20Uploads/D9A079AE-C60B-4291-82C8-1C89F9CC2C29_zpsoll1t1ng.jpg

That's one of the SBRs I had in mind when I posted.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't mean to poop in this thread at all-  I own a couple of Arsenal /Legion guns and No Rifle Dynamics customs.

It appears that (probably commensurate with a wait) you can get a "custom" Rifle Dynamics SBR build at a few hundred dollars more than these guns.  The RD stuff appears to me to have a good reputation.

Is the collectability of a "factory" Arsenal SBR a big plus here?  

Assuming I just wanted a well assembled problem free gun to use (as opposed to holding as an investment) how do the Aresnals and RD guns compare?
View Quote

Factory gun means factory receiver and factory CHF military barrel. It's the real deal, minus the happy switch. The RD may have better build quality and will definitely have better QC, but it will always be a kit gun. A very well built kit gun, mind you, but a kit gun nonetheless. Most of its retained-value will be in the RD name.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
in for 2!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
in for 2!!
View Quote

Nice, which ones did you get
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
in for 2!!

107-54  (I live in a commie city that bans SBR's) I like the way they set these up to SBR easily.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

107-54  (I live in a commie city that bans SBR's) I like the way they set these up to SBR easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in for 2!!

Congrats,i agree these are the real deal.

Im going to have my barrel chopped and get it pinned for the time being.

Now we wait
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention, you get to ensure your rifle isn't a turd before you commit to that tax stamp!

Unless your rear sight looks like this
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/Mobile%20Uploads/D9A079AE-C60B-4291-82C8-1C89F9CC2C29_zpsoll1t1ng.jpg

Well to be fair his statement still stands. You had the chance to catch that issue before you SBR'd.

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty cool.

I had a sneaking suspicion earlier this year that they would be returning. Sold my 2008 model for a little under $2K.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Love the Bulgarian Krinks... hard not to push the button on another 107UR...

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7604/16957676231_eb9b91044b_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8872/18012064990_4c4a40fafd_c.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

<removed> this is a technical forum. dryflash3
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might want to remove that gif before Dryflash see it and locks the thread or issues a warning.

Left it out of the quote on purpose
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I ordered the factory SBR, poly hand guards and stock, it was right at $1999.00
View Quote

I hope they're faster now, was a guy on AKFiles that waited a year to get his 104UR. Arsenal/K-Var is very very slow to do the form 2 and 3.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

rjb_213,
Which of the UR models do you like the best and why?
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Honestly im watching the EE and gunbroker for people who are trying to gather up the cash to buy a 107UR and selling off other cool AK's or AR's

I think these will stay in stock for a few weeks so maybe it will give you enough time to get the funds.

Btw K-Var does do layaway with 25% down at ordering and 90 days to pay off the balance.Something to think about.Just give them a call and ask about the layaway plan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i did that with the 104UR. This making me rethink buying one now ugh
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I ordered one for an investment but part of me wants to get another to play with.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
that bottom one wow.  

Glad to see something new coming up on the AK side of town in general.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I appreciate that, saves me work.

And it's gone. Thread saved for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might want to remove that gif before Dryflash sees it and locks the thread or issues a warning.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might want to remove that gif before Dryflash sees it and locks the thread or issues a warning.

OOPS
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 4:22:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, i was on the fence on getting one until someone mentioned the layaway plan.

I though about it for about an hour then caved in and got one.Makes my savings account happy not taking a big hit at one time.

Just put a little money on the layaway here and there and before you know it it will be paid off.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

rjb_213,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

rjb_213,

If I could answer that question... I probably wouldn't have all 3 + a Tula.

With that said... I am partial to the 5.45x39 when it comes to AK's.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep, i was on the fence on getting one until someone mentioned the layaway plan.

I though about it for about an hour then caved in and got one.Makes my savings account happy not taking a big hit at one time.

Just put a little money on the layaway here and there and before you know it it will be paid off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a calculation and i realized you arent really paying much at all if you divide the balance up in 90 days and you are only paying like $160 every 2 weeks lol. Looks like my 2 5.45 krinks are getting a friend.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I did a calculation and i realized you arent really paying much at all if you divide the balance up in 90 days and you are only paying like $160 every 2 weeks lol. Looks like my 2 5.45 krinks are getting a friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You chose wisely.

Even if you still have a decent balance left come the end of January when the 90 days is about up,its tax refund time so there is that option too.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Just put 2 on lay-away.

here's hoping they legalize SBRs in IL.  If not, I'll pin a faux suppresson on both of them and give one to my dad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#38]
If anyone doesn't want to wait, they're popping up on the EE as we speak.  There's 2 on the first page!
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If anyone doesn't want to wait, they're popping up on the EE as we speak.  There's 2 on the first page!
View Quote

lol guys scrambling to get out of their "investment rifle" before the value tanks.  I feel sorry for anyone who buys them... they have to be uninformed and clueless about the new ones coming in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

lol guys scrambling to get out of their "investment rifle" before the value tanks.  I feel sorry for anyone who buys them... they have to be uninformed and clueless about the new ones coming in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was on the AKforum looking for something, but there's no news of it there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Im betting they could have gotten more for them on gunbroker.

Some people just dont spend a lot of time on gun forums or never visit a gun forum so they really have no idea there is a pre order on these.

Heck i didnt know either until this past Tuesday there was another run.These forums can cost you money on both sides on deals.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Went to fo, and they were closed.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That forum is dead.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This.

Some people just dont spend a lot of time on gun forums or never visit a gun forum so they really have no idea there is a pre order on these.

Heck i didnt know either until this past Tuesday there was another run.These forums can cost you money on both sides on deals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Actually YOU costed me money this time but i actually went ahead and said fuck it, pay it in full. My job allows me to work as much OT as i want so by then i should be fine by mid november when they charge the rest. Hopefully this time the damn rear sight isnt crooked
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Actually YOU costed me money this time but i actually went ahead and said fuck it, pay it in full. My job allows me to work as much OT as i want so by then i should be fine by mid november when they charge the rest. Hopefully this time the damn rear sight isnt crooked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

hopefully this time you really check the rifle out before you go and void the warranty
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Glad to have helped out

So how did you fix the crooked rear sight? i would be lying if i wasnt a little worried about having one with crooked sights.

The front wont be an issue as the FSB will be pressed off anyways.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Glad to have helped out

So how did you fix the crooked rear sight? i would be lying if i wasnt a little worried about having one with crooked sights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Glad to have helped out

Agreed on both accounts. Worried about a canted rear sight or FSB.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#48]
I fixed the crooked rear sight by buying an Obzor and calling it a day. As much as i want a new top cover, the numbers wont match, maybe not even the finish either. The rifle is still zero'd too despite being crooked.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I fixed the crooked rear sight by buying an Obzor and calling it a day. As much as i want a new top cover, the numbers wont match, maybe not even the finish either. The rifle is still zero'd too despite being crooked.
View Quote

Here is my thoughts on a crooked rear sight.

I would imagine one could drill out the rivets,realign the rear sight and press in new rivets.

Shouldnt be too hard if you have the tools.My AK smith would probably do that for a 6 pack of beer.

I wouldn't buy another top cover unless you just used it for yourself and if you ever sold the rifle you could put the original back on.

The front sight on these wont matter if its canted if your going to SBR it as the gas restrictor has to be removed once the barrel is cut for the rifle to cycle properly.Its a bushing of steel covering the 3mm gas port.
FSB has to be removed from the rifle to take the restrictor out.From what i understand these are only on the 107UR models.

Here is a link in case anyone is interested

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182154

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#50]
<  >Meme removed, this is a Technical Forum. dryflash3

Spot on the layaway list reserved!

Hopefully there is no canting issues due to these being  a contract overrun.

Remember when these were in gun stores around 08'-09'.   I thought the long barrel looked stupid and didn't buy, no SBRs in MI at the time either.  

The UR's were around $1000-1100 back then so the price is not all that bad.  For reference I paid $700-800 for the FR versions NIB.

Last one that I remember coming up for sale was $2k already SBR'd on AKForum.

Now all I need is the 107CR and build a 104CR to have all three barrel lengths in all three calibers for the complete collection.

Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top