Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:24:11 PM EDT
I have an slr-101s railed and the NATO lenght stock is too long for me.. I don't want to "cut the tang" and would love to fit a Zhukov stock but I don't think they work for double tang milled aks... What are my options ??? Also I need to stay within the legal limit of us made parts. Seriously a Zhukov would be amazing if anyone has been able to retrofit one for milled aks!

The one on the right:

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
CAA makes a AR-style receiver extension that accepts commercial spec AR stocks. I had one on my SAM7r that I sold. It allowed me to keep the lower tang. Fit really snug and solid, I would buy again. http://store.commandarms.com/products/AKTM.html
Living the stamped life now though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CAA makes a AR-style receiver extension that accepts commercial spec AR stocks. I had one on my SAM7r that I sold. It allowed me to keep the lower tang. Fit really snug and solid, I would buy again. http://store.commandarms.com/products/AKTM.htmlLiving the stamped life now though.
View Quote

Is this what it would look like ?

(Pic from ar15 member)

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, if you choose to get the combo that comes with their stock. I did, and dremeled out the forward QD mount on the stock. It allowed me to collapse the stock to position 2 without tang interference. I've got short arms and with a plate carrier on I like to run all my guns pretty short, it worked much better for me than the original stock. I actually had the same dilemma as you and use that picture to confirm I could retain the lower tang. It was a tight fit into the receiver, I pounded it in with a mallet and it secured via screws on the top. There was absolutely no movement in it, which was great. Also i'd advise getting the aluminum, because I think they also make a polymer version. Worth the money IMO.  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top