Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 11:33:15 AM EDT
I've been intrigued with this gun ever since I saw the video from SHOT.  Got the email from centerfire systems today, saying they were in stock, and I just couldn't help myself.  This platform addresses all the negatives about the AK, and I've been trying to find a way to both suppress, and mount a magnified optic, without using a side mount or a TWS top cover/Parabellum Armamant AKARS--this gun should have it all!

If you want to send ammo my way for testing, IM me

I'll keep you guys posted on my experiences with it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
cool looking forward to it
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I am just fine with my "old AK",  no negatives...they are training issues.

Try as they might, they just can't seem to unseat the old warhorse, and there is a reason for that.  I hope this design can though...let us know how it performs after a bunch of rounds.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am just fine with my "old AK",  no negatives...they are training issues.

Try as they might, they just can't seem to unseat the old warhorse, and there is a reason for that.  I hope this design can though...let us know how it performs after a bunch of rounds.
View Quote

"training" doesn't overcome the inability to solidly mount optics and/or suppress the rifle.  And those are the dragons I've been chasing with my current AK platforms.  I don't disagree that the design is venerable, and I usually prefer the AK to the AR, but since I've gotten into suppressors, I've really wanted a decent, suppressed setup that I can utilize my stash of 7.62x39, and the AR platform isn't it, with it's finicky mags and it's "fragile" bolt face once enough material is removed for use w/ x39.  

What I REALLY want is an AK in 6.5 grendel........
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

http://www.mach1arsenal.com/index.php/products/rifles/vepr-6-5x39mm-grendal-16-5.html

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.mach1arsenal.com/index.php/products/rifles/vepr-6-5x39mm-grendal-16-5.html

Oh man..........Gotta figure out how to get one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Ost, very interesting. Looking forward to range report.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, been very interested in this rifle too, looking forward to pics and review 444shooter!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how this will suppress. With those gaps in the action from the charging handle I imagine it is going to have a lot of gas blowback and noise. Still cool looking rifle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Will the Vepr 6.5X39 take standard AK mags? The above link has one pic with a straight mag and two with a curved mag. Will they accept standard AK furniture?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will the Vepr 6.5X39 take standard AK mags? The above link has one pic with a straight mag and two with a curved mag. Will they accept standard AK furniture?
View Quote

No, No.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
in for range report
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]
VERY Interestinging to see this variation / new creation spin off of the AK family.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
obviously I don't have it in hand, yet, but looking further into the specs, I was very surprised to see that it was 8.5lbs--this thing is a PIG!  My plan is to cut the barrel down to 12.5" or so, and perm attach an adapter and my extra long trifecta mount for my Specwar--should bring the length to 16" overall.  Then I might add the MFT minimalist stock to try and shave some more ounces.  My goal will be to have it hover right at 8lbs unloaded, and it should be nice and balanced.  

I suppose this doesn't do much more than the Sig 556XI(R) already accomplishes, but there have been so many mixed reviews on that platform, I'm kinda "gun"shy.  Who knows, though, I might see one of those in my future, too.  As my friend puts it, I just keep looking for ways to put AR chocolate in my AK peanut butter.

Edited: I thought the entire upper was steel, but was corrected by an contract employee of M+M that it is in fact, aluminum, but other portions of the upper were billet steel where necessary.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I was all about this rile when it was shown at SHOT but the subsequent price increase turned me off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Step 1:  Add to cart.

Step 2:  Proceed to checkout.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]
So OP did you ever get it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#18]
bump for info from the OP
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Bob Owens from bearingarms.com was using this rifle during the Rifleman 1 course at Valor Ridge a few weekends ago. The only hang ups he had were when he was using some prototype magazines that he was also reviewing. He switched to surplus steel magazines and it seemed to run just fine after that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"training" doesn't overcome the inability to solidly mount optics
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"training" doesn't overcome the inability to solidly mount optics

I guess this depends on what combinations you have tried. There are a lot of dependable ways to use optics on AKs but it also depends on what type of rifle you have. Russian and Bulgarian factory guns are by far the easiest to mount optics on but there are still many options for other rifles as well.

Quoted:

You and me both, especially in an AK103 configuration. Talk about HOT. This could actually be a caliber I would consider ditching 5.45 for.

Quoted:
VERY Interestinging to see this variation / new creation spin off of the AK family.

I agree. Not my caliber but an interesting rifle.

Z
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey OP!  Thanks for creating this thread.

Look forward to reading more about this new U.S. -made rifle.

Personally, I believe the Sig 55X series rifles ARE Kalashnikovs.

I also believe they already accomplish what the M10X seeks to accomplish.  But who knows for sure until you've had a chance to test out this new gun?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Any updates?
View Quote
Looking forward to an update as I am interested in this rifle

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Apparently they are redesigning a version with a folding stock. That would take care of the only criticism I have with this rifle. If that happens I'll likely buy one, I like the concept.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top