Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 1:00:34 AM EDT
Did any make it here to the States?

I believe I know of one being offered as Romanian from someone who has had it since '02
pristine as new appearance, chromed barrel on clean stripped trunnion with reddish plastic or bakelite? hand guards,
plastic pebble grained stock
, clean rear trunnion

The bolded items along with a grip of the same material as the stock are what makes it appear to be German

What receiver would it build on if it is GDR? Distinguishing proof marks to determine
GDR origin?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah they are around.  You can currently buy them from Arms of America.  

They used to be pretty rare, but not so much any more.

Receivers from 74u LLC are pretty much the gold standard for US made receivers.  I think he can do East German markings on it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
yes,  quite a few. still available off and on.

a Google search should get you a few links on DDR proof marks.

I believe 74u LLC makes a proper DDR receiver
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The bolded items along with a grip of the same material as the stock are what makes it appear to be German
View Quote

That doesn't really mean anything.  You need to verify proof marks on the trunion and other parts.  The stock and all has been commonly available going way back.  They didn't sell well on their own because most people found them to be hideous.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone

That about sums it all up

Off to research proofs and other kits
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, in the early to mid '90's the E. German stock kits and even side folders were dirt cheap.  I paid $12 for a side folder.  I love the look and just bought one for my PSAK, but it wasn't dirt cheap anymore
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top