Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2015 2:45:34 PM EDT
Ok I narrowed it down to the Atlantic Firearms Polish AK-47 or the Stamped DDI AK-47, right around the same price give or take. I can't find any info on the barrel Atlantic firearms uses in the Polish AK, I know the DDI is Green Mountain (4140 I believe). Regardless of which one I choose, I plan on adding Magpul zhukov furniture in time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I know they've used US made chrome lined barrels for the Polish buids in the past.  I'm going to assume they still do but you can probably do some googling and find out more.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the DDI because of the Fenocite finish.  There are a couple of nice video reviews on the Atlantic Firearms product page.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I really dig the overall finish on the DDI. I received a response from Atlantic Firearms and was told the barrel in their Polish rifle is a 4150 chrome lined barrel so that is a huge plus in addition to the nickel coated carrier group and matching serial number 60's era polish parts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are going to add Magpul furniture get the DDI. That Polish rifle is too pretty to have the laminate furniture taken off and thrown in a drawer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both rifles are great in their own way and have different features that appeal to customers.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/polishak47fix%20(1%20of%201).jpg

View Quote

Annnnd.... ordered.  Thanks, Atlantic!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top