Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 4:58:47 PM EDT
Video link:

Simple tips for zeroing and shooting effectively AK with Iron Sights effectively up to 300 yds without changing anything!

Basic tips on how to improve your shooting with Irons.

After receiving tons of feedback from 1st "Irons video", i have realized, that many folks have little or no experience with shooting AK with Iron Sights. So that's why I have decided to make this video.

I'm not talking here about anything new. I'm just covering simple fundamentals. Also, this is what i like to do, i'm not forcing anyone to do this "my way". I'm just sharing with you my knowledge on what works for me...

All units use here are: US yards.

- Rob

<edited> dryflash3
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for making the video!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice video, thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqL9IOBSfvE
Simple tips for zeroing and shooting effectively AK with Iron Sights effectively up to 300 yds without changing anything!

After receiving tons of feedback from 1st "Irons video", i have realized, that many folks have little or no experience with shooting AK with Iron Sights. So that's why I have decided to make this video.

I'm not talking here about anything new. I'm just covering simple fundamentals. Also, this is what i like to do, i'm not forcing anyone to do this "my way". I'm just sharing with you my knowledge on what works for me...

- Rob

<edited> dryflash3
View Quote

Thanks for the video Rob, I subscribed to your channel on you  tube. Keep on making these great informative videos!!

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the video Rob, I subscribed to your channel on you  tube. Keep on making these great informative videos!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

- Rob

<edited> dryflash3

Yup, anymore when someone asks me about zeroing the AK irons I just point them to AKOUL4774. Usually answers all their questions while showing them the outcome (which helps when they can actually see it happening). Got a buddy's Yugo sighted in just the other day using the 109 yds=100 M with rear sight set to "3" on 25 cm X 35cm steel plate method. Then ran the plate back too 200yds and he was happy ringing it on the BSZ setting consistently.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

- Rob

<edited> dryflash3
View Quote

Is this the 1st video that you mention above?  DON'T BLAME THE AK for your personal failures!  Iron sights rant
That made me laugh.  I do prefer the peep sights on an AR to the notch on the AK but as you mention with the sight being placed so far forward on the AK it isn't ideal for AR style peep sights.  I maintain my statement that shooting is an exercise in humility for me and that every gun I have ever shot has been more accurate than I am...  (but I am getting better)
Welcome to ARFcom!  I have enjoyed your videos since discovering them here in the AK Forum.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
A trip to Appleseed and the video will make a world of difference if you're not an iron sights shooter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is this the 1st video that you mention above?  DON'T BLAME THE AK for your personal failures!  Iron sights rant
That made me laugh.  I do prefer the peep sights on an AR to the notch on the AK but as you mention with the sight being placed so far forward on the AK it isn't ideal for AR style peep sights.  I maintain my statement that shooting is an exercise in humility for me and that every gun I have ever shot has been more accurate than I am...  (but I am getting better)
Welcome to ARFcom!  I have enjoyed your videos since discovering them here in the AK Forum.

View Quote

Hi, yes, this was the 1st video. Then i got tons of questions about irons on AKs and i have realized that many people are just not familiar with iron sights anymore, so i have made this 2nd video to clear some things...hopefully it will help...;-)
Ps. thanks for being with us and watching our videos. We are not some "super duper" channel, but we try to do our best...
- Rob
<edited> dryflash3

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hi, yes, this was the 1st video. Then i got tons of questions about irons on AKs and i have realized that many people are just not familiar with iron sights anymore, so i have made this 2nd video to clear some things...hopefully it will help...;-)
Ps. thanks for being with us and watching our videos. We are not some "super duper" channel, but we try to do our best...
- Rob

<edited> dryflash3
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Rob

<edited> dryflash3

Nonsense! You guys are making great videos.  I have learned a lot from watching them and the torture tests are epic!
The only time I hate irons is when shooting in the general direction of a low sun.  My club has west-facing rifle ranges so late in the day when the sun is in the SW irons can be difficult, but that is problematic for both peep-sights and notch & blade types.
Keep up the great work!

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Great videos and information all in one channel.

Always look forward to learning new things and methods,thanks for all your work it is very appreciated
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Rob,  didn't you serve with the Polish Army during the last of the communist years? It would be interesting to hear some things about what marksmanship training was like at that time. I think a lot of Americans assume that Warsaw armies didn't put a lot of emphasis or training into it; that was obviously not always the case.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rob,  didn't you serve with the Polish Army during the last of the communist years? It would be interesting to hear some things about what marksmanship training was like at that time. I think a lot of Americans assume that Warsaw armies didn't put a lot of emphasis or training into it; that was obviously not always the case.

View Quote

You can't really compare training opportunities from Polish or Russian Army to US Army. And at least in Poland, many things have changed right now and their Army is based on volunteers now. Anyhow, US Army offers you many schools to improve yourself as a soldier. But, if you are shitbag, you will just keep doing bare minimum and you will endup with very little (the same was in Poland). Now to the training, US Army Squad Designated Marksman school was one of the best marksman schools i have attended. Nothing comes close and you will learn how to shoot with irons like you have never learned before. To give you an idea, i have a friend, sniper in Russia. Our SDM school shooting standards are more demanding their their sniper school shooting standards - this should give you some perspective. I honestly think, that Americans are best marksmen in the world and our SDM and sniper schools (both Army and USMC) kick ass.
* i have never attended sniper school, but instructors from US Army Sniper school are my good friends, so i have to support them! lol!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Hello Rob, I have watched and enjoyed many of your videos on utube. I have a question, when I go shooting its just plinking at small targets (tin cans, skeet) at about 60 to 100 yards. I realize that this isnt what the AK was designed for but my friends request that I bring the AK with me more than any other rifle. As you stated in your video when I use iron sights on the AK the rear sight is blurred, I was thinking that I could do better with a rear mounted peep sight. Im considering buying  the Tech Sights peep sights. Have you tested these or do you recomend another system? thanks, Steve.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hello Rob, I have watched and enjoyed many of your videos on utube. I have a question, when I go shooting its just plinking at small targets (tin cans, skeet) at about 60 to 100 yards. I realize that this isnt what the AK was designed for but my friends request that I bring the AK with me more than any other rifle. As you stated in your video when I use iron sights on the AK the rear sight is blurred, I was thinking that I could do better with a rear mounted peep sight. Im considering buying  the Tech Sights peep sights. Have you tested these or do you recomend another system? thanks, Steve.
View Quote

Hi Steve, i have never tested Tech Sights, but people who actually used these, had rather positive experience.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So no more links to your facebook please, they have been removed.

You are welcome to share the info you posted in the article here, but no links to the website/facebook page.

If you have any questions about advertising here, you can contact [email protected]. [/span]
]dryflash3[/span]

View Quote

That is not going to be a problem anymore...
- Rob
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Very Nice!!

<meme removed, this is a technical forum.> do not pile on. dryflash3
BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Good video. Thanks for posting it! Appreciate the sharing of your experience with the AK. Keep them coming.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Bad ass thank you sir
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top