Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2015 11:30:41 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these? What do you think about it. It is on my short list of new muzzle devices for my sar1. The specs say 3 3/8" long and 4.3 ounces,
A little on the long side but if it performs as advertised I can overlook the downsides. Thanks

http://www.cncwarrior.com/Russian-Original-Flash-Hider-p/24619.htm
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I like CNC Warrior a lot, but I had two AIMR FHs that were faulty. One even exploded on me at the range. The FH walls were too thin and the plunge cuts fractured over time. The fractures on the still intact FH could be seen with naked eye. They only offered to replace one (that went kaboom) and didn't respond when I asked about the other, even offering to give detailed photos showing the same type of fractures in the FH plunge cuts that caused the first one to fail.

The replacement has a much larger wall thickness and has held up just fine so far installed on M77 .308.

Regardless they are still the highest quality repro AK device maker, I will still buy their stuff. Shit happens, I just wish they had offered to replace both faulty products.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Also a fan of the CNC Warripr stuff. Have the FH that's a copy of the chinese .223 84S model that's been scaled up for 7.62. Along with another of their FH's and both are bayonet compatible. Just wish they had more stuff in the traditional blue finish...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used that exact flash hider on several different AK's, in x39 and also in .308, looks great and performs really well, I keep one around even if i'm not using it at the moment for testing purposes. Solid vendor, one of my favorites, Tyler is a super cool guy to work with.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought the hider thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
let us know how it performs

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got one.

It's a great combo device - brake and FH in one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will, have to wait I'm shortening the barrel to 14.5".
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have their PKM short on my '04 WASR and like it alot.  Definitely a good quality brake at a good price, CNC is gtg.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Got it on,I like it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Any updates?  I'm thinking about cutting my Rommy M+M 10 to 14.5" , rethread, and pin this brake/fh on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks good really compliments the rifle!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top