User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Makes me want to go apeshit with a few cans on my SBS. It is looking distressed (from actual use, lol), which I prefer, but something different would be refreshing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I vote for a painted AK thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I vote for a painted AK thread.
View Quote

X2

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
nice!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an old WASR that has started to rust in a few place. After yesterday, I also have 3 cans of spray paint... I have been inspired by Fin. If I can get this done soon, I'll post pics.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Sexy
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread inspired me; I finally painted one of mine. I honestly can't see going back. This thing is sexy with some color on it!

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
^ badass
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
That's a nice looking color scheme. Well done!
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Didn't turn out like I planned. The single color was awesome - but it just wasn't right.

So I busted out the brown and went for the Gruppa99 color scheme as seen below.

http://i.imgur.com/5pKJCp2.jpg

And it turned out awesome. The field drab made a great base to pattern off of, now to paint some other stuff

http://i.imgur.com/2eJXVQR.jpg
View Quote

I like it. Hopefully ill have my Zhukov painted this week. British DPMish.

I havent been ignoring you just been up in Canada again. Stupid work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This thread inspired me; I finally painted one of mine. I honestly can't see going back. This thing is sexy with some color on it!

<a href="http://s968.photobucket.com/user/8NAK4/media/2D001FC3-A48E-4B02-B623-26121AC0DDA1_zpsreyanpzb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/8NAK4/2D001FC3-A48E-4B02-B623-26121AC0DDA1_zpsreyanpzb.jpg</a>
View Quote

What was the base rifle? M&M M10?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That looks damn good!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#13]
74:

Saiga 12:

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#14]
That field drab looks like a great base. Iuse the walmart camo krylon "tan" and always feel its to light.

The thick swamps, with mountain laurel and rhododendrins, where I bum around need a darker camo like what you just did.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That field drab looks like a great base. Iuse the walmart camo krylon "tan" and always feel its to light.

The thick swamps, with mountain laurel and rhododendrins, where I bum around need a darker camo like what you just did.
View Quote

I'm assuming you're talking to me since I did use olive drab as a base:)

It's funny because I did this about three months ago when I lived in the north east and it matched pretty good. I moved and niw I'm in the middle of the desert and it's not quite as effective lol.

But I can't bring myself to change them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's funny because I did this about three months ago when I lived in the north east and it matched pretty good. I moved and niw I'm in the middle of the desert and it's not quite as effective lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry, meant to quote Finn. That field drab he used for his base is a lot darker than the tan I use.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

sorry, meant to quote Finn. That field drab he used for his base is a lot darker than the tan I use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah. It makes a huge difference.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top