Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got an email yesterday saying the rifle is on its way back. no indication of what action was taken. I'm very curious as to see what will be in the box when i receive it. will it be a new rifle? did they just straighten the receiver? did they just dremel out the magwell to let it accept mags like normal? i would truely only be happy with one of those options. the suspense……..
View Quote

Let me guess, the dremel job?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If they replaced the rifle it would have to go to an FFL right? Or no?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. There's some ATF stipulations about this very specific issue. Century replaced a rifle for me. I had to send them a photocopy of my drivers license and sign a waiver. They shipped to my house.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
got an email yesterday saying the rifle is on its way back. no indication of what action was taken. I'm very curious as to see what will be in the box when i receive it. will it be a new rifle? did they just straighten the receiver? did they just dremel out the magwell to let it accept mags like normal? i would truely only be happy with one of those options. the suspense……..

Nailed it!
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

The last time I had to go through this b.s. I just had to go pick it up at the ups hub. No FFL required since I've already passed the background check for the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I picked up my rifle last night from the ups hub. Arsenal sent me a brand new rifle which i am very happy about. no bent magwell on this one. On the new rifle, compared to the one i sent back, the finish/paint is horrible. The paint is very blotchy in several spots. Also the muzzle brake is very loose compared to the last one which didnt have any wobble in it. Easy fix but still kinda bugs me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, I picked up my rifle last night from the ups hub. Arsenal sent me a brand new rifle which i am very happy about. no bent magwell on this one. On the new rifle, compared to the one i sent back, the finish/paint is horrible. The paint is very blotchy in several spots. Also the muzzle brake is very loose compared to the last one which didnt have any wobble in it. Easy fix but still kinda bugs me.
View Quote

i'd much prefer a loose brake than a tight one, my SAM7SF the brake is so tight i had to use a screwdriver through the ports to unscrew it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It will get tight as the threads fill with carbon.

If the paint bothers you, blast it off with brake cleaner. There's phosphate/parkerizing underneath.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Either Arsenal is slipping or every other manufacturer is gaining ground on them... js
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Either Arsenal is slipping or every other manufacturer is gaining ground on them... js
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arsenal is the same as it always was, it's the "myth of Arsenal" that keeps people from recognizing that. As for everyone else, yeah, they are raising their game.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Arsenal is the same as it always was, it's the "myth of Arsenal" that keeps people from recognizing that. As for everyone else, yeah, they are raising their game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, Arsenal used to build the SA M7 line in Las Vegas from imported parts.  They were excellent rifles, but went away around 2006 or so.  They are what set the Arsenal reputation for being quality.  They were much nicer rifles than anything else available at the time.

Unfortunately, the Bulgarian imports aren't near as consistent when it comes to quality control.  It's just taking forever for their old reputation to wear down and catch up with the current guns they release that can be hit or miss.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#13]
So lifes been very busy and i still havent had a chance to shoot the new rifle, but i have noticed that the front sight is very slightly canted :/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top