Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:08:44 PM EDT
How does a Polish AK underfolder stack up against the top of the line countries like Russia and Bulgaria?
Is it worth buying a demilled parts kit with original barrel and all matching numbers?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They are comparable to Russian and Bulgarian AKs. If you want it go for it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was heavily into AKs polish rifles were all I wanted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is it worth buying a demilled parts kit with original barrel and all matching numbers?
View Quote

Absolutely.  In the AK world, Polish parts are among the best.  My Polish underfolder built off an all matching kit with original barrel is an outstanding rifle.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Polish are definitely good to go, as good as Russian or Bulgarian rifles.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Great rifles!  High quality parts, very smooth machining.  I have a matching numbers underfolder built by Vector Arms. It's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I've arguments made that they're better than just about any AKs out there. Supposedly, they were doing a better job of making parts than the Russians.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.  I'm trying to have it built by Ted Marshall.  Hopefully he can do it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Its an underfolder so it automatically sucks for anything other than collecting purposes. Keep that in mind
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I think East German are considered the best with bulgarian and polish right behind. At least that's what I have read for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Get one.

Polish on top.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Its an underfolder so it automatically sucks for anything other than collecting purposes. Keep that in mind
View Quote

Invest in a Brake
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:35:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They work well enough in the Mid East.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:10:34 AM EDT
[#13]
With an original barrel and matching parts...Polish AK's are just as good as Russian and Bulgarian AK's

With its Russian girlfriend on a dinner date...

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Very nice, thanks for the pics.  Definitely motivating.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top