Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2015 2:19:16 AM EDT
I own an arsenal SLR 107F and I've been trying (mostly in vain) to figure out how to install a Magpul PRS on it.  So far this is what I've been able to gather and could use some help figuring out if I'm headed in the correct direction.

1. I will need to install the currently out-of-stock JMac Customs 4.5mm to AR Buffer Tube adapter Mod 2 (http://www.jmac-customs.com/ak_parts_and_accessories/45mm_ak_to_ar_stock_adapter_mod-2) - the website says it doesn't fit the 107F, but from what I can tell that just doesn't make sense with the "F" and the "FR" being the same 4.5mm pin, and the "F" not having a rail.  By doing this I know I will be losing the ability to fully fold.

2. With the adapter in place I will then need to install an A1 buffer tube.  The tube I found others using with their PRS stocks was this one from DPMS: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/489724/dpms-receiver-extension-buffer-tube-ar-15-a1-a2-stock.  
    This is the part where I get confused, because of my limited knowledge of the AR platform.  Do I just install the buffer tube into the buffer tube adapter, or are there other parts that are needed as well to attach the tube?

3. Assuming there isn't any other parts that go along with the buffer tube I would then install the stock (https://www.magpul.com/products/prs%C2%AE-precision-adjustable-stock-%E2%80%93-ar15-m16) or are there additional parts that then are installed on the tube to allow the stock to attach?

Is it really that clear cut and easy or am I missing an important step somewhere along the line?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll screw the A1/A2 buffer tube into the adapter, and then slip the PRS over the buffer and secure with a rear screw underneath the butt pad. Magpul provides the hardware for the install. No other parts needed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 super easy also give the a call they had some blemished mod2s in on Monday for a discounted price... Good people..
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll screw the A1/A2 buffer tube into the adapter, and then slip the PRS over the buffer and secure with a rear screw underneath the butt pad. Magpul provides the hardware for the install. No other parts needed.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip, I just wrote them a few minutes ago to see if they have any left. I also contacted Arsenal to see if I'm missing something about the construction difference between the folding mechanism on my 107F and the 107FR.   Here is to hoping it works, and I'll make sure to post photos when I have it all done.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 2:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to everybody who gave advice and helped.   Not the best image but here is the project so far.  Now all I need is the TWS dogleg and a nice scope and I should be hitting 1/2" groups at 2,000 yards [insert sarcasm here].  Once I'm all done I'll make sure to take some nicer pictures and post them.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top