Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 3:48:01 PM EDT
Will this work? Who knows but it's worth it to try and get Century to see there's a decent # of people willing to buy it.

here
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Done, my PSL needs a friend.  I've been wanting to get a VEPR as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Video of the M91 on the range and quick disassembly

Youtube Vid
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh man. Do want.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The author of this video contacted Century Arms about this rifle and said the reason it's not imported is because they don't think there will be a lot of interest, sign the petition to show otherwise!

More Zastava M91 stuff, great video

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
signed.  i wonder who the other okie is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Not holding my breadth , but it would look great next to PSL and Mosin Sniper!

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The older milled version is nice.  If by some miracle this does happen, it'll probably be the stamped version that gets imported.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:10:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I signed it. I think everyone in ar15.com should sign it just because.
           I dont know if it would make a difference or not. But I  like to think it would.
     But a quick question. Why won't Centruy import these?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Sort of want.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
           I dont know if it would make a difference or not. But I  like to think it would.
View Quote

The one on the video has a 3rd pin, probably just a safety sear. Maybe Zastava just hasn't made a US-legal stamping of this receiver yet, but you'd think it would be trivial.

Century also was going to import the PAP M21 5.56 rifle /w AR magwell this past fall/winter, then it never happened. That one was ready to go from Zastava, the user manual PDF was even up on Century's site,  then just *poof*.. I dunno.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:08:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The one on the video has a 3rd pin, probably just a safety sear. Maybe Zastava just hasn't made a US-legal stamping of this receiver yet, but you'd think it would be trivial.

Century also was going to import the PAP M21 5.56 rifle /w AR magwell this past fall/winter, then it never happened. That one was ready to go from Zastava, the user manual PDF was even up on Century's site,  then just *poof*.. I dunno.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically Century is a wishy-washy spineless jellyfish when it comes to importing guns we want?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if Zastava prices these pretty high. With a markup for Century, and then distributors, I'm wondering if it's north of what the market is willing to bear. AK people are notoriously cheap, except for the few die-hard fans and collectors.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]
you can still get a pap m77 in .308 and veprs in both .308 and x54r.  the pap m77 seem pretty reasonably priced too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
you can still get a pap m77 in .308 and veprs in both .308 and x54r.  the pap m77 seem pretty reasonably priced too.
View Quote

I think the main reason people want this so bad is because they have been told they cant have it.
Also maybe because it comes from the factory with a Dragonov style buttstock and it is designed
to take a suppressor so it comes with an adjustable gas system so it also has no problem
using heavy loads that you couldn't use in a PSL.

Also we now have 34 signatures, only 9966 more to go. We are really picking up steam now .
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think the main reason people want this so bad is because they have been told they cant have it.
Also maybe because it comes from the factory with a Dragonov style buttstock and it is designed
to take a suppressor so it comes with an adjustable gas system so it also has no problem

Also we now have 34 signatures, only 9966 more to go. We are really picking up steam now .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh, i totally get that.  i was just throwing out other options for the time being (the m77 also has an adjustable gas block).  how neutered would the m91 have to be made to get imported?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Also that stock looks like it would fit the M77. It looks like the trunnion block on the M91 has the same slant cut as the PAP slanted receivers. I would like to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

oh, i totally get that.  i was just throwing out other options for the time being (the m77 also has an adjustable gas block).  how neutered would the m91 have to be made to get imported?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want one. Mainly for the reason that is was designed to be suppressed so it
should be more effectively suppressed than a normal AK patterned gun. Also it should
only need to have a muzzle nut on it like on the M92 PAP because it already has a
thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow. This thread has been read 471 times and not even 50 people signed it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I read every thread every day.

Only comment when I can add something of substance.

This time not so much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. This thread has been read 471 times and not even 50 people signed it.

I read every thread every day.

Only comment when I can add something of substance.

This time not so much.

pretty much this, and I did sign it. Maybe not everyone is as excited as you about this? I'd like to have one at the roght price, but in the end, it's no Drag.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#21]
if I knew a rough MSRP I would sign it. While I wouldn't mind importation kinda hard to excited about a firearm that might in the ballpark of DD and LaRue firearms, just saying.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Inevitably there will be a potentially large number of people who will claim they would purchase them if they were imported, but they won't be able to find their wallets when the rifles hit our shores.

Claiming you will buy something and actually dropping the cash are two very different things.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So basically Century is a wishy-washy spineless jellyfish when it comes to importing guns we want?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe but I'm guessing they prefer to import guns that appeal to a larger audience.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I see a couple of Russian parts that are used. The Dragunov magazine and the Saiga polymer stock. Would this bring the rifle under the current ban?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I signed it.

Hell, they brought in PSL rifles, why wouldn't they bring these in?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Maybe but I'm guessing they prefer to import guns that appeal to a larger audience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sold out on every batch of PSLs the imported all the way up until the Romanians apparently quit making them.  They kept bringing those in for years and years.  I don't see why these wouldn't sell just as well for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They sold out on every batch of PSLs the imported all the way up until the Romanians apparently quit making them.  They kept bringing those in for years and years.  I don't see why these wouldn't sell just as well for a reasonable price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reasonable price would be the key (unlike their $1,000 US-made RPK).  Making sure enough parts and mags are imported would help too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I would be in for one, especially if they were offered at $1500 or less. I've been craving an SVD-style AK for years.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Probably won't get one but signed it anyways.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#30]

https://www.facebook.com/centuryarms?fref=ts

Century got a facebook page.  My suggestion is for all of us to post on that Friday morning. It will show century that there is a big demand for the M91.

Anybody with me on this?!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#31]
At 108 signatures...
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.facebook.com/centuryarms?fref=ts

Century got a facebook page.  My suggestion is for all of us to post on that Friday morning. It will show century that there is a big demand for the M91
View Quote

Anybody with me on this?!

Today is the day.  Start posting on century facebook.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#33]

From Century via facebook

We receive several inquiries about this rifle. Unfortunately the "flash hider" is actually suppresses the rifle slightly. We have considered them multiple times. The rifle is new manufactured and the cost would be over $2,000 dollars retail. Please contact us again with any questions.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

At 108 signatures...
View Quote

Now 120.  Only 9880 to go...

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#35]
heck i would buy one
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We receive several inquiries about this rifle. Unfortunately the "flash hider" is actually suppresses the rifle slightly. We have considered them multiple times. The rifle is new manufactured and the cost would be over $2,000 dollars retail. Please contact us again with any questions.
View Quote

At over 2 grand they wouldn't sell well at all.

The whole hope and dream for this rifle is/was that it would be priced like a PSL was.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The whole hope and dream for this rifle is/was that it would be priced like a PSL was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

even as crazy expensive as psl's have become, they're still quite a bit cheaper than $2000.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top