Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/2/2015 3:20:41 PM EDT
Hello, I recently bought Century's new Milled C39 Version 2 after reading one great review after another about the quality in which these were made. Well I picked it up the other day and I have to say that I have never in over 35 years of handling AK's seen one made as beautifully as this one. The fit and finish is incredible, absolutely incredible. I am stunned that these are only $700-$750 bucks.

One very interesting tidbit on the C39 V2 rifles. The reciever is a Milled reciever, HOWEVER, the cuts in the reciever are the same as a stamped as it pertains to the furniture. This was a very thoughtful move because furniture fir stamped receivers is both, more abundant , and cheaper.

I am pretty certain that as time goes on and these are better and better known that they will be the AK owners most sought after Non - collectable rifle. Century has had a Marginal reputation thru the years on some of there AK's. Not all, but some. However this is definitely the kind of quality product that can change that perception. Wow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
pics?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
if only they put the 4150 barrels on this model as in the ras47.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#4]
So far, I am also impressed.

I have put 400rds thru mine for function check only, ran flawless with Pmags, Romy drums with Wolf ammo.

I have also already started to make this gun my own with the obvious additions in the following picture. It will also being getting the full MagPul Zhukov kit when it ever arrives.

I also don't think the barrel will be an issue, it is nitrided and the threads are concentric to the bore. Since it is not a FA gun, I think the barrel will be fine for my purposes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have put 400rds thru mine for function check only, ran flawless with Pmags, Romy drums with Wolf ammo.

I have also already started to make this gun my own with the obvious additions in the following picture. It will also being getting the full MagPul Zhukov kit when it ever arrives.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/AK_0012.JPG

I also don't think the barrel will be an issue, it is nitrided and the threads are concentric to the bore. Since it is not a FA gun, I think the barrel will be fine for my purposes.
View Quote

Nice setup. Your logic makes sense. Is that a TWS rail?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/AK_0012.JPG

Yep, I like it.

Purist hate it, and others say an optic won't hold zero.

In fact, before I bought it, I questioned those issues as well. Since the C39V2 doesn't have a side rail, I figured I would give it a shot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hello, I recently bought Century's new Milled C39 Version 2 after reading one great review after another about the quality in which these were made. Well I picked it up the other day and I have to say that I have never in over 35 years of handling AK's seen one made as beautifully as this one. The fit and finish is incredible, absolutely incredible. I am stunned that these are only $700-$750 bucks.

One very interesting tidbit on the C39 V2 rifles. The reciever is a Milled reciever, HOWEVER, the cuts in the reciever are the same as a stamped as it pertains to the furniture. This was a very thoughtful move because furniture fir stamped receivers is both, more abundant , and cheaper.

I am pretty certain that as time goes on and these are better and better known that they will be the AK owners most sought after Non - collectable rifle. Century has had a Marginal reputation thru the years on some of there AK's. Not all, but some. However this is definitely the kind of quality product that can change that perception. Wow.
View Quote

Also just as a FYI the barrel is made by Green Mountain, they make good barrels for many other rifles, expect this to be the same

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Join date. Lots of century shills pushing these abortions
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
tag, these look nice
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been here longer than you.

Quit being a hater.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I have about 700 rnds through mine.

On the 200 yrd Range

200 yrds thru iron sights

Drilled and tapped...

9 shots at 100 yrds
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I have about 700 rnds through mine.

On the 200 yrd Range

200 yrds thru iron sights

Drilled and tapped...

9 shots at 100 yrds
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

(you have to have 50 posts for your pics to show, site rule)
View Quote

I see his pictures?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Welcome to Arfcom.

Please only hit Submit button once.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Welcome to Arfcom.

Please only hit Submit button once.

Sorry, that 50 post thing was too obvious and I over looked it anyway while trying to get my pics to show up... Couldn't figure out how to delete one of my double posts...

Thanks for the welcome!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quit being a hater.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit being a hater.

Not much real info in that post.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Ron,

Are you running any AKs with US made barrels on the line? Would be curious how they hold up at high round counts.

We put three of the original milled C39's on the line when they first came out and they have all been pulled because the barrels keyhole. We might try some of the new nitride barrels and see how they hold up.

V/R
Ron

Call me crazy but i'm gonna put a lot more stock into what the man says who goes through 400,000 rounds a month. The new C39's look great, i'm interested in them, but given that the v1's are now known to be junk  in many cases, I want to see a LOT more testing before I consider buying. Pics, range results, longer term testing....a few woo-hoo posts ain't gonna cut it, like Dryflash said, it's a tech forum, let's see some tech, we got enough cheerleading going on already. JMHO.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the big mag catch. I wish they would sell some of those without the rest of the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Was browsing the LGS and just put my hands on one today, caught my eye, milled, looked better than the pictures here. Not an AK guy, had a hard time not taking it home. Did an ARF search, brought me here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's mine with Zenitco handguards.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top