Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/25/2015 12:47:42 PM EDT
Guys,

I really have my heart set on a SLR104UR, but I want to use a different stock setup.  Is there a way to install an ACE rear block on a folding rear trunnion?  I really love the ACE folding stocks because they come in different length of pulls...I even had my 7.5" ACE stock cut down to get an even shorter length of pull...Makes for a very compact rig and fits my short stature.  The rubber makes the stock comfy too.  How hard would it be to change out the rear trunnion to a regular rear trunnion...or is there no hope once the receiver has been cut for a folding stock?

It would be nice if AK-100 folding stocks came in different lengths of pull...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
For big money you can get the Zenitco stock that pins right in in place of the AK100 stock.

Link

Wait, the zenitco is 5.5mm pin, aren;t the bulgarian SLR's 4.5mm pin, and not exactly AK100 spec? IF so then the zenitco won't fit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
After removing the folding trunnion, you'd have to weld metal all around the rear of the receiver and then file/fit it to the standard trunnion.  I'm sure it's possible, but it's not a simple modification.

There are AR buttstock adapters available for the 4.5 folders, like the JMAC hinge.  Manticore is also releasing one.  If you must have an adjustable stock I think either would be fine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
you'd be better off getting a rifle with a regular rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
http://jmac-customs.com/ak_parts_and_accessories
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For big money you can get the Zenitco stock that pins right in in place of the AK100 stock.

Link

Wait, the zenitco is 5.5mm pin, aren;t the bulgarian SLR's 4.5mm pin, and not exactly AK100 spec? IF so then the zenitco won't fit.
View Quote

I hate to say it...but that stock looks as ugly as sin.  Why do Russian accessories always look like this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree...too bad the SLR104UR series doesn't come with a fixed stock trunnion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol there would have been huge amounts of outrage if Arsenal finally made a 5.45 krink.. and gave it a fixed stock trunion
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Not an elegant solution.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not an elegant solution.
View Quote

The mod1 version looks alright.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the length of the AK-100 series stock on the SLR-104?  And what's the length of pull?  Does the stock have a different profile than the fixed plastic stocks from KVAR?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top