Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 9:09:00 AM EDT
I have a PSL that I want to have the barrel cut/crowned and some other work done to it similar to what Rifle Dynamics does.  I can't ship it out and have it transferred out of my name in CT or I can never take ownership of it again.  So I thought I would drive it somewhere instead.  Any shops up this way that specialize in AK platforms that you trust?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
When you send it out for gunsmithing work there is no transfer of ownership. They are simply acquiring it to do work and disposing of it back to the owner. It is already yours and can be shipped directly back to you unless there is some idiotic law in CT that I am unaware of.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked at your laws and i couldn't see anything that would require transfer of ownership either. Then again i don't live in your state.

I found this guy who seems highly recommend, he doesn't appear to be AK specific. I have no affiliation with him nor have I used him before. I'd maybe try posting in the CT hometown forum also.

Santurri

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like you may want to try delta arsenal or JoJos.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Could you pull the barrel and just send that out?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Can AK or PSL barrels be pulled without special tools?  I've assemble a couple AR's but other than normal breakdown and cleaning, I have never disassembled an AK.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
You will need to pull the FSB, gas block and press off the barrel
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
When I lived in MA, I sent my MAK-90 out to have the barrel replaced by a shop in AZ.
Boxed it up, shipped it out, and it came back that way to my door, no transfer required.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top