Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/23/2015 7:53:13 PM EDT
Has anyone used the scout mount that attaches to the rear sight block. How much of a sin would it be to have a scope rail mounted to the side of receiver
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Traditionally, milled AKs didn't have side rails, and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to attach one to a milled receiver.

Also, which mount are you talking about? There are quite a few mounts that attach to the rear sight base, from scout mounts to full railed dust covers.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an attero arms mount.  It replaces the rear sight, allows to mount a red dot, and also gives you a sight on the mount.  It is solid and I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply, I posted this question in the wrong forum should have posted in optic section.
The mount  I`m thinking about using is very similar to Attero mount , it looks like best way to mount
dot on rifle without drilling the receiver
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
this is the scenario UltiMAK has perfected.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This...And it will co-witness. Almost anything else will have you doing the "bobblehead" thing behind the optic trying to find the dot due to the optic being too high. If you want to check it out on the cheap grab an Ultimak and a Bushnell TRS-25 or Primary Arms RDS and see if you like it before dropping serious coin on an Aimpoint T or H series. Just Got back from the range today with a TRS-25 on a UTG quadrail and when the budget allows I'll probably upgrade to an Aimpoint T-2.

Once you drill that milled receiver for a side rail most will consider it ruined.    
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This...And it will co-witness. Almost anything else will have you doing the "bobblehead" thing behind the optic trying to find the dot due to the optic being too high. If you want to check it out on the cheap grab an Ultimak and a Bushnell TRS-25 or Primary Arms RDS and see if you like it before dropping serious coin on an Aimpoint T or H series. Just Got back from the range today with a TRS-25 on a UTG quadrail and when the budget allows I'll probably upgrade to an Aimpoint T-2.

Once you drill that milled receiver for a side rail most will consider it ruined.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, don't do it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top