Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 1:11:46 PM EDT
I want a side scope mount and a collapsible stock on my C39.  The gun has a lower tang and I assume it will need to be cut off unless there is a collapsible stock that works that way.  Also, which side mount will work with the C39?

Thanks in advance for help!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help with the scope mount how ever for the folding/collapsible ace stocks makes one that you have to cut both tangs off, but its a modular system, and has a few stock options.

CNC warrior is currently working on a folding stock system for the milled receivers, I talked to them they said it would be a month or 2 before it was finished,

Last but not least there's Bonesteel arms, this I'd the option I have for my C39, great quality stock and hinge, the fitment into.my c39 was a bit....rough and involved.

This is assuming all c39's are milled I'm no AK pro,  ace is the only one that I know of that can give you fixed or folding that accepts an AR buffer tube to have a real colapsable stock, the other 2 are folding

Hope it helps

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Mgpul zhukov stock. And RS or Arsenal side mount
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mgpul zhukov stock. And RS or Arsenal side mount
View Quote

The v1 C39 doesn't have a side rail and I don't believe magpul is making a Zhukov stock for twin-tang milled rifles.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]
As others said, check the Bonesteel side folder. Or get a cheapass Tapco buffer tube adapter for milled rifles, dremel the underside of it,(It's plastic) then fit to taste satisfaction. Not sure if they use mil-spec or commercial diameter, you'll have to check.

On the scope rail, good luck. You'll need a gunsmith to drill and either rivet or bolt-on the side rail; problem is, the side of the receiver is also where your serial number is. I'm not certain if you'd just have the # covered up or actually defaced, as I haven't yet taken measurements.

The real issue is that the ATF's opinion of relocating firearm serial numbers is sketchy at best. They've answered this same question with written letters and oral verification both yay and nay. If you call to ask, the answer will depend on who answers the phone, how much they hate gun owners, and if they're not too fucking lazy to actually look up the information.(This is what I've learned from past experience with them. Fun times!)

...Even though some very well-known custom gunsmiths who do excellent work on Browning Hi-Power pistols have been relocating serial numbers for decades with the ATF's blessing, as the Hi-Power's # is on the front of the trigger guard.

So yeah, good luck. Maybe call and ask a professional AK gunsmith, find out their opinion on adding a side rail to a milled AK.

And if you do get a side rail, POST PICS! Tell us how it went, how you like it, how many limbs/firstborn it cost you, etc.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top