User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Not at all, that's a great looking rifle! I really like the longer handguards on the yugos, I just think they look better, and I have longer arms so the added length would be great.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not at all, that's a great looking rifle! I really like the longer handguards on the yugos, I just think they look better, and I have longer arms so the added length would be great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks.  Those handguards are the ones that came with it.  Only I sanded them down and oiled them up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Its just a cool factor really.

My first UF was and is a Chinese type 56 that I bought before the original ban and have many thousands of rounds through it. I have had a few since that time but as of today I still have the Chinese and an Original M92 Yugo and thats it. The full stock or triangular stocks are much nicer to shoot in my opinion.

But , the UF is pretty dang cool looking
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Weren't these like $550 a month ago?  I was wanting a N-PAP when they were $500.  I should've jumped on one a couple months back but priorities, I know, but have they really all gone up over $100?  I'm in at $500, But up over $600?  I start thinking of other options for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now that these are back in stock, I'd say that's your best option. Very well made, all new, factory-built by Zastava, ridiculously inexpensive for what it is (even at the new higher prices).

That said, those Polish rifles look gorgeous, kit builds or not!

Weren't these like $550 a month ago?  I was wanting a N-PAP when they were $500.  I should've jumped on one a couple months back but priorities, I know, but have they really all gone up over $100?  I'm in at $500, But up over $600?  I start thinking of other options for some reason.

Century released their own in-house, "all-American" RAS47. They didn't want WASRs and NPAPs to steal marketshare from their baby so they upped MSRP (and wholesale prices) by $100. In the case of the NPAP, it's still a steal at its new price, but it is hard paying $100 more on January 1st than you would have paid on December 31st.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which one do you like the best?  I'm looking at the Polish or the AB2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought my first one because they are just plain cool.  Then I bought 2 more of them.  I have a Polish, Yugo AB2, and a Yugo M64.

I don't shoot them much, but I do like having them.

Which one do you like the best?  I'm looking at the Polish or the AB2.

Youll like the ab2
Get some tankers, make it easy to stash
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that these are back in stock, I'd say that's your best option. Very well made, all new, factory-built by Zastava, ridiculously inexpensive for what it is (even at the new higher prices).

Yeah, I wish I would've got one at the old price.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Century released their own in-house, "all-American" RAS47. They didn't want WASRs and NPAPs to steal marketshare from their baby so they upped MSRP (and wholesale prices) by $100. In the case of the NPAP, it's still a steal at its new price, but it is hard paying $100 more on January 1st than you would have paid on December 31st.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was torn between the Yugo and the Atlantic Pol. Pics of the Pol made me FO. If the Zastava would've been $500 still I would've gone that route. Just wanted to see the Polski build. Guys seem happy with them, we'll see. Have a M&M M10 Romy that's been 100% so let the games begin. Maybe I'll keep shopping for a Zastava and nab one on the cheap in the future but I still am reluctant to spend an extra Benjamin or more when they could be had for less at Christmas. They were the best deal, and probably still are, but the pill is hard to swallow at least for now. Gonna hope they come back down before I jump on board.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was torn between the Yugo and the Atlantic Pol. Pics of the Pol made me FO. If the Zastava would've been $500 still I would've gone that route. Just wanted to see the Polski build. Guys seem happy with them, we'll see. Have a M&M M10 Romy that's been 100% so let the games begin. Maybe I'll keep shopping for a Zastava and nab one on the cheap in the future but I still am reluctant to spend an extra Benjamin or more when they could be had for less at Christmas. They were the best deal, and probably still are, but the pill is hard to swallow at least for now. Gonna hope they come back down before I jump on board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the Polish one looks great.  I'll probably get an N-Pap for the cost savings, but the Pol is sexy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This is my one and only AK.....and I have no desire for any other AK(Im content with this)  And it goes to the range quite a bit!
There is a difference between the UF stocks.  Some are straight, some are angled.  And supposedly each gives you a different "cheek" weld.
I have no issues with shooting this.  You get used to the chin weld and it becomes second nature to hit the same point everytime you bring the rifle up, you just need to get used to it.
I think most people that complain about the UF's have tried someone else's so they havent given it enough of a chance.  
Wrap the arm with some paracord and you'll be GTG!

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for the Polish AKMS

This one is a (11) 1983 Kit built by Armory USA with a Polish bbl

You have to try an Underfolder to figure out if you like the "face position" or not, its an aquired taste but I dont mind it at all.  Remember, this isnt a benchrest rifle like an AR or percision rifle like a R700, its a combat rifle for non infantry guys.  It will do its job out to 300 just like any other AKM.  The real question you should be asking yourself OP is milled or stamped underfolder?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top