Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Unthreaded barrels is a bit disappointing. Perhaps this could mean the rumors art true that VEPRs are still getting into the country.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unthreaded barrels is a bit disappointing. Perhaps this could mean the rumors art true that VEPRs are still getting into the country.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
So cool!! Hopefully 5.45? Pleeeeze?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unthreaded barrels is a bit disappointing.
View Quote

Yeppers, that's a no-sale for me, especially considering the price, dang, they are making Arsenal look good, lol.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
So no threaded barrel and it takes Vepr 12 rails only?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So no threaded barrel and it takes Vepr 12 rails only?
View Quote

And the cheapest AK grip known to man to boot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
No bulged RPK trunnion, either. Though it still uses the thicker receiver and appears to still have the heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeppers, that's a no-sale for me, especially considering the price, dang, they are making Arsenal look good, lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll send ya the tools again man, it's all good. BTW, took me 6 months before I opened that package and saw the surprise in there LOL

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Considering what the current VEPRs go for these days, the price isn't unreasonable, especially with the folding stocks. I kind of like.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they would just bring some more Vepr 54r mags in as well i would be happy
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The folding stock is cool.  I would jump at the 5.56 Vepr if I didn't already have one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It's nice to see new offerings, but these particular one's don't do it for me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]
What other 5.56 mags will fit?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#14]
The 5.56 one is threaded.. I wish they had the picatinny top cover like vepr 12 folder.. But I really like these. I want one in 5.45!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#15]
what would be the correct gas block and front sight block with bayo lug for these guns?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

what would be the correct gas block and front sight block with bayo lug for these guns?

View Quote
well technically, pretty much what's on them, but with a cleaning rod slot. These rifles are being built with RPK barrels IIRC, or similar, so there's no "correct" FSB or GB.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's nice to see new offerings, but these particular one's don't do it for me.
View Quote

+ 1
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
well technically, pretty much what's on them, but with a cleaning rod slot. These rifles are being built with RPK barrels IIRC, or similar, so there's no "correct" FSB or GB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Veprs have a "mid-heavy " barrel which is .800 under the handguard, vs .669 for an AKM under the handguard and .865 for an RPK under the handguard.  Thus Vepr barrel fittings are completely unique to the Vepr.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
thee ya go then
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#20]
got any more VEPR IV RPK rifles?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll send ya the tools again man, it's all good. BTW, took me 6 months before I opened that package and saw the surprise in there LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol! Emergency beer money, I always keep some in my toolbox, never know when a project will drive you to drinkin'.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally!!!!!   This may get me back into AK's.  I was planning my own build with a Vepr12 stock, now I can just buy it.

I would put a 74M FSB on it and a Krebs keymod hand guard.....done.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#23]
DId you read one of the previous posts?

"Veprs have a "mid-heavy " barrel which is .800 under the handguard, vs .669 for an AKM under the handguard and .865 for an RPK under the handguard. Thus Vepr barrel fittings are completely unique to the Vepr."
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#24]
doesn't mean you can't have the barrel turned down. If I needed one of these I would consider doing the same.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Look neat, but:

-Would rather have the full bulged trunnion
-Would like a cleaning rod/loop on the FSB and GB

I do really like the stock, and the muzzle is easily threaded. If I was in the market for an AK like them and had the cash I'd probably jump.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Finally!!!!!   This may get me back into AK's.  I was planning my own build with a Vepr12 stock, now I can just buy it.

View Quote

Does krebs make a VEPR12 keymod hand guard?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]

AKs look incomplete and naked without the cleaning rod.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know the LOP on these? Is it longer than NATO length?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the rifles I think.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We are working on a VEPR 12 handguard right now, just got the sample gun in house today.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are working on a VEPR 12 handguard right now, just got the sample gun in house today.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Any chance of a Vepr rifle handguard that is roughly the same length as the OEM handguard and secures in the same manner?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I would get the Vepr MD2 at this price. Threaded Barrel, bulletguide included
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would get the Vepr MD2 at this price. Threaded Barrel, bulletguide included
View Quote

Sure if you could find them in stock somewhere.... you know where any are?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:23:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Meh, bulgarian AK's are just as good. Now if they would re brand the TIGR as a VEPR or SAIGA line firearm I would get truly excited.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Yup, I'm going to need one of those
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Meh, bulgarian AK's are just as good. Now if they would re brand the TIGR as a VEPR or SAIGA line firearm I would get truly excited.
View Quote

Those are 3 different 'assembly lines' (Tigr, Vepr, Saiga). Selling one as the other, would make 0 logic.

Tiger is 'close' to an SVD (but not quite)

Vepr is 'close' to an RPK (but not quite)

Saiga is 'close' to an AK-100 [series] (but not quite)

Now as for 'Bulgarian AKs' aren't just a one-type that falls into this category. Would be like saying:   'AR-15, made in America...'    - "Yes but where/what-factory/parts/specs/etc?"

Generally speaking, Russian and Bulgarian produced rifles are damn fine quality.
In fact, usually the 'problems' with their rifles occur in the 'fixing' process that companies like Legion/Arsenal/CAI/DDI/IOC/etc do here in the states. When you see canted gas-blocks/sights/etc, that didn't leave the factory that way.

But in the 'off chance' you get a 'lemon' chances are good you can always send it back for a refund/new-rifle anyway...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn, I want that 5.56 Vepr, but I just bought a Krebs AK.  If these are still in stock after a couple of months go by, I will pick one up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
doesn't mean you can't have the barrel turned down. If I needed one of these I would consider doing the same.
View Quote

Or open the bore on the FSB.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

is there enough meat to open the bore that much? I'm not thinking there is, but I might be wrong.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top