Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:46:22 PM EDT
Greetings. I have a GSG-AK47 and the stock broke. I am looking to replace it with a Tapco Intrafuse stock (STK06161) for AK47 milled receivers. My GSG's receiver is 1-1/8" square. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of a standard buttstock or the Tapco stock (the piece that actually inserts into the milled receiver)? I can grind it down if necessary. but I'd rather not.
Or if anyone has a better idea for replacing my stock, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I replaced my wooden stock with the polymer folder.  I bought it for around ~$40 from CDNN but I just checked and they are not listed.  Cheaper Than Dirt has them for $86.

I love mine and bought the polymer hand guards directly from American Tactical Imports.  I would recommend calling and asking.

On a side note, I have a full wooden set that is collecting dust if you'd like to take them off my hands, I'm happy to sell it to you cheap.  Feel free to send me an email.

Here's mine all dressed up:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to Arfcom and the AK Discussions forum.

Just so you know here at Arfcom, Tapco is considered a maker of undesirable parts. (low quality)

Except for their AK triggers.

Stocks and forearms

May I suggest you consider another manufacturer?

Good luck with your thread.
View Quote

Tapco's AK mags are ok by me.  Never had a failure in one.  They may not make "good-looking" hardware but it usually does work.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Tapco wasn't my first choice. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a better option.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info. Mine is the all-polymer version too. I like the folding stock, but I wasn't sure between that one and the "paratrooper" version. Just out of curiosity, are the wood pieces really wood or just synthetic? Knowing GSG, it wouldn't surprise me if they were real wood.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top