BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2015 1:57:33 PM EDT
The features include fully floated nitrated barrel, ambidextrous charging handle and safety Galil-style, aluminum extruded handguard / top cover with full length mil spec and anodized pic rail, fully integrated upper receiver, proprietary recoil reducing compensator, and hinged  lower receiver similar in concept to the Russian PPS 43.
There will be two models offer the elite and standard.  Elite has a machined upper receiver, machined bolt carrier, fully nitrated finish, Magpul grips, Magpul M-lok rail, Magpul stock. The standard is a casted upper receiver, casted bolt carrier, phosphate finish, Hogue grip, Phoenix Tec field series stock.
The MSRP for the elite is $1,195. MSRP for the standard is $900. Luke Williams of Circle 10 AK said he's "really excited about this weapon and believe it has great potential." Release date anywhere from 1 to 3 months and we cannot wait to get a sample for testing.
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/shot-show-2015-roundup-on-ak-gear
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh.

Every time I see something like this or the CMMG Hybrid I ask, "What does it do better than an AK?"

More ergonomic and modular.....thats about it

AK works fine and Is completely usable as is

Proprietary parts will keep most away
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]

AK works fine and Is completely usable as is
View Quote

That's true of vast majority of firearms.

Proprietary parts will keep most away
View Quote

Which part do you anticipate needing to replace on regular or semi-regular basis?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's one of the most interesting rifles shown at Shot. Looks like they're aiming for SIG's market share, which shouldn't be difficult if the M10X is reliable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am more interested in that modular flash suppressor/muzzle brake by Krebs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it's a very interesting design, definitely want to see some more of it and look forward to seeing testing.

Lot of innovation showing this year in the AK products world, really good to see.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish the stock adapter was redesigned but overall I like it.  Want to see the BCG and how it locks up too.  

Hope this one shakes out well.  Can catch a closer look at 13:48 here.

http://youtu.be/cqucfs0wqHs?t=1s
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
IS there a better pic anywhere? I saw it on thefirearmsblog.com but no good pic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't care how nice it is.  

AR stocks on rifles that don't need buffer tubes turn me off.

I bet it would look slick with that new magpul AK folder though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Very interesting.  Looking forward to more info about the M10X.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll second that. It is just so odd to include something built for a purpose when the purpose isn't there. It isn't native so I somehow doubt it is the best solution....it is an easy and familiar solution though which is why people do it I guess.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#14]
With all these new AK's coming out, my major wish is they still look like AK's, & not AR's. GARY
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]
These new guns solve the only issue I have with the AK platform (and I have 5 currently) which is the safety.  My VZ-58 solves that kind of....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Sig already makes that rifle with a less awkward looking stock.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Yea,, but Sigs have a bad rep on their russian model... maybe m10x will fix that.. the stock would look good if it was a new Magpul folder
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yea,, but Sigs have a bad rep on their russian model... maybe m10x will fix that.. the stock would look good if it was a new Magpul folder
View Quote

They won't be fixing any bad rep at a $900-$1,200 price-point.  The only appeal American AK's can have in the short-term would be:  A) Price B) Availability.  Given that we're not in a panic, availability isn't really an issue.  Given that these are new products, I can't imagine the manufacturers want to see them selling for $450.  I have no doubt that American manufactured AK's will make progress within the market, but they're just not there yet.. for me, at least.  There's nothing particularly unique, or compelling, that makes them interesting.  Hell, even the "Buy Amurrrrican" marketing strategy fails here, because this is still a communist based weapon platform.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know the xi has issues but my 556R gen 2 runs great.  Still, the M10X is a very compelling design.  Can't wait for some reviews.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Just saw the Shotshow video and it's very impressive. It looks like a natural progression in technology that Ole' Man Kalashnikov would clearly approve off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I think it's a very interesting design, definitely want to see some more of it and look forward to seeing testing.

Lot of innovation showing this year in the AK products world, really good to see.
View Quote
This.

I like it from what I have seen.  I think it's aesthetically more pleasing then CMMGs offering
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I would be up for this AK.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm gonna keep my eye on this one. Much more appealing to me than the Sig or MK47.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It is in concept a hybrid of an AK and a SIG 556R, taking the best features of both.  (yes, it is a long stroke piston system).  that being said, I think the final product is better than the sum of the total parts of the concept.

I handled it and spent quite a bit of time talking to them about it- at $900 MSRP I honestly believe this was one of the best kept secrets of SHOT.  M+M came up with something new that solves a lot of problems (AK's and monolithic top rails, safety issues, adjustable gas system for use with suppressor) and does so at a price point that is realistic to what the market value is.

I agree they need to make the stock fold, but other than that I think everything is pretty spot on.

I took quite a few pics, and will see about getting some of them posted up here in the next few days.

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

I thought it was just me but hearing you say this is just giggity.  

Don't understand how this flew so far beneath everyone's radar.  More pics when your guys have time would be great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll second that. It is just so odd to include something built for a purpose when the purpose isn't there. It isn't native so I somehow doubt it is the best solution....it is an easy and familiar solution though which is why people do it I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason AR stock adapters are used on so many guns is that it's perfectly functional even if it's less organic to the aesthetics. Developing a new stock costs a lot of money and time and doesn't really add much over a MOE and a folding adapter, while not having any market outside the rifles you build.

Making a new rifle and getting the price-point <$1K while staying profitable becomes much more difficult when you're designing and buying molds to make a proprietary stock when you can just slap an AR stock adapter on it and order a bunch of cheap MOE stocks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#28]
M+M should put a Zhukov S on there, and I'd buy that
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#29]
It's like they can read my mind. After shooting multiple rifles over the last couple of years this has almost everything I want in a rifle:

Ambi reciprocating charging handle

monolithic top rail for optics and flip up sights

adjustable gas piston for switching between suppressed and unsuppressed

takes AK mags

and shoots 7.62x39

Sigs reputation has been spotty with their 556R and XI.

They dropped the ball with that stock. It is WAAAY too long. Here's hoping I can put on a LWRC compact stock on it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree they need to make the stock fold, but other than that I think everything is pretty spot on.

View Quote

Well, I mean, that's where y'all come in, right?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#31]
The more I check this rifle out, the more I like it, this may be the rifle of the year to come out of SHOT, somebody FINALLY got a hybrid right...almost....that stock set-up just destroys an otherwise great looking rifle, I would replace that with a good fixed stock if the rifle will accept any kind of standard stock (does anyone know if it will?), slap that new Magpul fixed triangle stock on there and I think you have a winner if she shoots as good as she looks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#32]
MAN. That's kind of a bummer.

I was sort of set on getting a MK.47, but if the M&M rifle turns out nice too I might get that instead, being something like $500 cheaper.

I'm not really interested in the version with the M-Lok rails, though.

Def. going to wait and see what the reviews say about the base model before I decide, though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I have never heard of M+M until the recent SHOT reports. Anyone know anything about them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have never heard of M+M until the recent SHOT reports. Anyone know anything about them.
View Quote

They've been importing Cugir rifles for a few years, the M10 which is an excellent little Romy AK with an integrated front sight/gas block, was a good buy at 500 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

The did a good job with their M10-7.62 the last couple years.  Basically a new Romy with a combo GB + 922r.

Not a lot of complaints either.  In fact many found them to be very reliable.  

I'm guessing they took some of those 2013 panic profits and re-invested it in R&D.

ETA - Started typing got distracted, finished after Dragynn posted.  What he said.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The reason AR stock adapters are used on so many guns is that it's perfectly functional even if it's less organic to the aesthetics. Developing a new stock costs a lot of money and time and doesn't really add much over a MOE and a folding adapter, while not having any market outside the rifles you build.

Making a new rifle and getting the price-point <$1K while staying profitable becomes much more difficult when you're designing and buying molds to make a proprietary stock when you can just slap an AR stock adapter on it and order a bunch of cheap MOE stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Functional does not mean good or even appropriate. The cost of molds is minimal relative to other tooling costs. They are already not making the stock in house so an appropriate one would not be made in house either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#38]

I will NOT be mocked! Explain yourself!
Side note: Can't wait for the reviews to come in.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Now maybe some other guys that have M+M products besides me will throw some opinions in on this.

The stock on the standard model, made by Phoenix Technologies is absolutely garbage. There's a spring in it that "absorbs" recoil when you shoot, but it also causes the rifle to bounce around and doesn't allow fast follow up shots.
The flash hider that they're using works well as a flash hider, except it rings ENDLESSLY if you shoot, run the action, or even look at the rifle hard enough (kidding). If the flash and bang didn't give you away, people 3 counties over will be able to find you from the ringing flash hider.
The fit and finish of the rifles they already modify (from the same factory as WASRs, Cugir in Romania) is pretty awful. They don't believe in loctite, canted everything, screws not tight to begin with. Lot of reports of the bolt mushrooming as well.
I'm not holding my breath on this rifle unless some changes are made to the furniture, and somebody really gets a look at the innards. M+M hasn't impressed me with the products they currently offer and as far as I'm concerned, they pulled this rifle out of nowhere to get some attention to their company, as nearly nobody has heard of them until now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#40]
BCG described here.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2417867&postcount=139

Couple partial shots of the carrier and BCG rail.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=15709960&postcount=9

Seems to resemble an AK BCG, with mods of course (so far, no recoil spring, has piston return spring, AR ejector and what sounds like a detachable piston).
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#41]
There's a (grainy phone) pic of the complete gas system now.  Have to login to see it though.  It's Sig's.  There might be some slight mods to it but the superficial appearance is almost identical.  If the piston cylinder is similar material to Sig's, might be front heavy.  Just a guess, my $.02.  

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2419635&postcount=142

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Now maybe some other guys that have M+M products besides me will throw some opinions in on this.

The stock on the standard model, made by Phoenix Technologies is absolutely garbage. There's a spring in it that "absorbs" recoil when you shoot, but it also causes the rifle to bounce around and doesn't allow fast follow up shots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the "Kickite" stock. It was an option for the rifle, but only one of at least three stocks M+M offered.

The flash hider that they're using works well as a flash hider, except it rings ENDLESSLY if you shoot, run the action, or even look at the rifle hard enough (kidding). If the flash and bang didn't give you away, people 3 counties over will be able to find you from the ringing flash hider.

True enough, but that's the curse of virtually all pronged flash hiders, which unfortunately are typically among the best flash hiders.

The fit and finish of the rifles they already modify (from the same factory as WASRs, Cugir in Romania) is pretty awful. They don't believe in loctite, canted everything, screws not tight to begin with.

Sorry to hear that. My M10 is quite the opposite. It, of course, has the typical less-than-stellar Romy parkerized finish, but the fitment is great. Everything is straight, even, and tight as a drum. Nothing loose or rattley. Mine has the fixed Phoenix "storage" stock, not the Kicklite, and the Houge handguards. I love it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
That's the "Kickite" stock. It was an option for the rifle, but only one of at least three stocks M+M offered.
True enough, but that's the curse of virtually all pronged flash hiders, which unfortunately are typically among the best flash hiders.
Sorry to hear that. My M10 is quite the opposite. It, of course, has the typical less-than-stellar Romy parkerized finish, but the fitment is great. Everything is straight, even, and tight as a drum. Nothing loose or rattley. Mine has the fixed Phoenix "storage" stock, not the Kicklite, and the Houge handguards. I love it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The fit and finish of the rifles they already modify (from the same factory as WASRs, Cugir in Romania) is pretty awful. They don't believe in loctite, canted everything, screws not tight to begin with.

Silencerco makes one that doesn't ring. I'm assuming these are threaded 5/8x24?

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Slightly more extensive vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXrLxWNO3Q

Couple more internals pics.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#45]
This was looking good, right up until they got to the stock, and the designer said 'fuck it'.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This was looking good, right up until they got to the stock, and the designer said 'fuck it'.
View Quote

If the stock is this weapon's only  failing, it will definitely have a place reserved for it in my safe. If this turns out to be a dependable weapon ... my Galil wants will be sated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#47]

lol that guy sounds straight out of deep Canada.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I want one
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/4uXrLxWNO3Q

lol that guy sounds straight out of deep Canada.
View Quote

Wait, did he say the barrel screws in? Like old milled guns?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top