Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:15:31 PM EDT
From the AK operators union guys at SHOT:

AK Bomb News!!!! (Again). Wow...wow, Polish Wepaon Factory Radom, maker of Beryl, finally divorced disgraced IO company. Radom is in process of opening manufacturing facility, here in USA, so they can bypass 922r. They are going to make here, built to military spec Beryls with Cold Hammer Forged barrels!!!! We should see pistols and rifles from them, before the end of this year. They already have all paperwork completed!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they the ones who screwed us with the 5.45 pistols?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No, that was the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a good video of their booth last year, have not seen anything this year on the forums.  I don't care about the Archer anymore (never cared for the Polish mods to the AK), but I would love to see the MSBS come here.  That thing is pure sex.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There was a good video of their booth last year, have not seen anything this year on the forums.  I don't care about the Archer anymore (never cared for the Polish mods to the AK), but I would love to see the MSBS come here.  That thing is pure sex.
View Quote

Not much camera time for the guns, but quite a bit of info from Ted Marshall.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

AK Bomb News!!!! (Again). Wow...wow, Polish Wepaon Factory Radom, maker of Beryl, finally divorced disgraced IO company. Radom is in process of opening manufacturing facility, here in USA, so they can bypass 922r. They are going to make here, built to military spec Beryls with Cold Hammer Forged barrels!!!! We should see pistols and rifles from them, before the end of this year. They already have all paperwork completed!!!
View Quote

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/q84/s720x720/10933968_920334774665469_8973962472812738313_n.jpg?oh=594e96050f4b49a200a192feb5aa8907&oe=552361AC
View Quote

I'm trying to wrap my head around the business case for spending money on a US based manufacturing facility, just to bypass 922r.

Maybe the "manufacturing facility" for 922r compliance got lost in the translation.

Either way, that is the second "Wow...wow..AK Bomb News" they have put out that doesn't really jive with other sources.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the business case for spending money on a US based manufacturing facility, just to bypass 922r.

Maybe the "manufacturing facility" for 922r compliance got lost in the translation.

Either way, that is the second "Wow...wow..AK Bomb News" they have put out that doesn't really jive with other sources.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/q84/s720x720/10933968_920334774665469_8973962472812738313_n.jpg?oh=594e96050f4b49a200a192feb5aa8907&oe=552361AC

I saw the vid and Ted is stating that he's getting together with RADOM to IMPORT their rifles (Radom dumps IO for Ted basically). I don't think he said anything about a RADOM factory being made here in the US. I think SHOT is overwhelming Rob and some meanings are getting lost in his conversations with reps. Just sayin...unless I wasn't paying close attention to Larry and Ted in the vid and Ted did infact say they were opening up a factory here???
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Give me the Polish Bullpup!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I need a FB/USA Beryl to go along with my Marshall Arms built Tantal

Then I can bandsaw demil my IO Archer for parts!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:17:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I saw the vid and Ted is stating that he's getting together with RADOM to IMPORT their rifles (Radom dumps IO for Ted basically). I don't think he said anything about a RADOM factory being made here in the US. I think SHOT is overwhelming Rob and some meanings are getting lost in his conversations with reps. Just sayin...unless I wasn't paying close attention to Larry and Ted in the vid and Ted did infact say they were opening up a factory here???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS. That video says NOTHING of making here, it talks about IMPORTING (as they've always done) to here. Nothing new here, move along.
Thanks for the false hopes, OP
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKLXafe6Q8
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKLXafe6Q8

I listened to every word of the video in great detail:

42 seconds:  Late last year Ted received licencing to import and manufacture.

50 seconds:  Initially BRING in Beryl 96, an limited edition SBR version, and a 22lr.

Minute to three: product discussion regarding the MSBS.

3:25:  Because they are importers they have a process to go through with the ATF that will take 4 - 6 months.  They need this ATF approval first.

After this they went back to product discussion regarding a modular SBR system with a screwed barrel.  Aside from stating they have a licence to manufacture, there is not one word or phrase that suggests they are opening a factory here.

I really wish they would come here, but from the information given, I don't get that impression.  Funny thing, a web search shows a press release touting Marshall Arms as the next US AK47 manufacturer from May 2006.

It bugs me that Century claimed on the first gen C39s that they were made in USA even though that was a lie.  I guess one thing I have learned is forget every new thing about AKs.  Combloc status quo is your best friend for manufacturing.

ETA:  I forgot to end with this zinger:

!VIVA EL WASR!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#11]
They need the manufacture license in order to convert the weapons back to military type configuration after they are imported. Just like Arsenal does with their AK's.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They need the manufacture license in order to convert the weapons back to military type configuration after they are imported. Just like Arsenal does with their AK's.
View Quote

I think AKOU said "they have all the paperwork completed", what that means, IDK, could be they are done but need to turn it in, or ATF has blessed off on it, or a whole bunch of other shit

but it seems they are at least getting their ducks in a row

I think they could see some success, if the AR market is truly over saturated and some AR fans want to expand into the AK market but not buy new ammo, Radom makes quality equipment
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I understand the skepticism, especially after the KC/RWC thing turned out to be a bust, but this is looking more and more like the real deal:

http://www.fabrykabroni.pl/?d=105&tid=231

FB Radom USA 22 January 2014 by decision of the Secretary of State of Texas has been registered branch of the company under the name FB Radom USA LLC.

This is a historic moment - for the first time in the history of the assumed Weapon Factory is a branch of our company outside of our country. Rise FB Radom in the U.S. is another bold and necessary step to promote and sell our products in the U.S. market. Weapons Factory received permission to establish FB Radom USA Meeting of Shareholders of the Company.

The main objective is to increase the revenue from the sale of products for the civil market. USA is the largest civilian arms market in the world. Annually imported into the United States is 3.5 million pieces of weapons. In the future, we also plan to provide products for the U.S. Army.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it was Radom and I.O.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
This would be great.  Real Polish parts, much more promising than RWC.  Eh, I'm going to stop judging the RWC deal too, until I see the actual outcome.

Bottom line, please sell reasonably priced individual polish barrels.  That is all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Just watched a video interview with the RADOM rep, they are already set up in Texas to import and manufacture, the Feds are another matter but they are already licensed to be an importer and need now to get BATF approval for the models they intend to bring in, they will be doing the 922r work to the rifles. The big question is whether they will pursue the manufacturing end of the deal, I imagine for them that's a lot of initial cost so importing is the way to go for now (which a lot of guys will like better anyway), he said approval from BATF for the models can take from 4-6 months, but they expect to be selling by later this year.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I understand the skepticism, especially after the KC/RWC thing turned out to be a bust, but this is looking more and more like the real deal:

http://www.fabrykabroni.pl/img/_182513_img_0002aa.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

FB Radom USA 22 January 2014 by decision of the Secretary of State of Texas has been registered branch of the company under the name FB Radom USA LLC.

This is a historic moment - for the first time in the history of the assumed Weapon Factory is a branch of our company outside of our country. Rise FB Radom in the U.S. is another bold and necessary step to promote and sell our products in the U.S. market. Weapons Factory received permission to establish FB Radom USA Meeting of Shareholders of the Company.

The main objective is to increase the revenue from the sale of products for the civil market. USA is the largest civilian arms market in the world. Annually imported into the United States is 3.5 million pieces of weapons. In the future, we also plan to provide products for the U.S. Army.

http://www.fabrykabroni.pl/img/_182513_img_0002aa.jpg

All of that is consistent with this:

Quoted:

And frankly, is far more likely than RADOM manufacturing rifles in the US. That's not bad news by any means. It means we get Polish-built rifles with RADOM's own in-house, US-made 922r compliance parts. I think that's actually preferable - the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#18]
^^^^ Exactly! The last poster hit the nail on the head!^^^^
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like it's confirmed that the manufacturing will be much more extensive than that found in the Arsenal relationship.  

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/23/msbs-radon-rifle-us-launch-impressions/

"According to them, Fabryka Broni is currently setting up a factory in Texas where they will make receivers, and many of the parts will be imported from Poland to be assembled in the United States. “We have to gather the tooling at the factory*, then we can begin production”."
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks like it's confirmed that the manufacturing will be much more extensive than that found in the Arsenal relationship.  

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/23/msbs-radon-rifle-us-launch-impressions/

"According to them, Fabryka Broni is currently setting up a factory in Texas where they will make receivers, and many of the parts will be imported from Poland to be assembled in the United States. “We have to gather the tooling at the factory*, then we can begin production”."
View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't need anymore AK's. I want a Random PM63-S
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don't need anymore AK's. I want a Random PM63-S
View Quote

I expect we will see much more than just Beryl's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I haven't bothered with the AK side in quite a long time but this gets my attention.  Not that anyone cares

This is great news I would love a 5.56 Beryl
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#24]

My Radom P64 was a tack driver of a compact pistol all day long. If they made that with a button mag release in 9x19mm, I'd buy two of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

See the "*" in that passage?

It leads to this:

[*It was unclear whether he meant the factory in Texas or Radom, or both.]

I get the sense some things are being lost in translation.  As someone mentioned earlier, the business case for opening a full-on U.S. factory - with the millions of dollars in capital investment that requires - seems tenuous at best.  And keep in mind, the minimum wage in Poland is $2.56/hour.  Not sure how much savings you'd really get with a U.S. factory when your labor costs to staff that factory rise 300-600%.  Assuming they build this mythical factory, you'll be looking at a very nice $2,000 rifle once all costs are amortized.

What I think they're looking at is an Arsenal-type situation where a majority of the rifle is made in Poland and some final assembly work is done in the U.S.  The other scenario doesn't pass the financial sniff-test.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#26]
AKOU interview with FB from SHOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQeOKeElHCo
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I did fast check and ... no RADOM is not coming to USA. RADOM stays where it is for time being: Click me, I do not bite!.

But Fabryka Broni Lucznik - Radom sp. z o.o. is opening subsidiary in partnership with Ted Marshall. All rifles and pistols (or parts and components) will be made in Poland in new Lucznik plant near city of Radom. FB Radom USA will do all that is neccesary to "922r" those. There are different ways to do that. One was used with I.O. for importing Archers (as single shot rifles), other is used for example by HK to manufacture MR556A1/MR762A1.

If you want to see how new Lucznik plant looks like and how rifles and pistols are made - look at video below. First part is about company history and footage from old plant, then new plant is presented together with sneak peak into manufacture process.

http://youtu.be/_YNG6aXqU7k
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It leads to this:

I get the sense some things are being lost in translation.  As someone mentioned earlier, the business case for opening a full-on U.S. factory - with the millions of dollars in capital investment that requires - seems tenuous at best.  And keep in mind, the minimum wage in Poland is $2.56/hour.  Not sure how much savings you'd really get with a U.S. factory when your labor costs to staff that factory rise 300-600%.  Assuming they build this mythical factory, you'll be looking at a very nice $2,000 rifle once all costs are amortized.

What I think they're looking at is an Arsenal-type situation where a majority of the rifle is made in Poland and some final assembly work is done in the U.S.  The other scenario doesn't pass the financial sniff-test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It leads to this:

Good point.  Definitely caught the atsterisk first time.  To me it indicated uncertainty about where tooling had to be gathered, not if it might or might not be set up here.  I do admit "tooling" is a broad umbrella representing many different potential parts.  I guess time will tell which ones.

I do think they could build a cost effective rifle that stays out of boutique-rifle price.  The most costly item to produce here would be combloc barrels so import those.

Look at something like the M+M M10X.  Produced in the U.S. (granted, I don't know their definition of U.S. produced).  Incorporates a lot of strong features for $1200 (and that's MSRP).  The C39 V2 as well (which has no new features and is ~$750).  Button rifled barrels though.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I did fast check and ... no RADOM is not coming to USA. RADOM stays where it is for time being: Click me, I do not bite!.

But Fabryka Broni Lucznik - Radom sp. z o.o. is opening subsidiary in partnership with Ted Marshall. All rifles and pistols (or parts and components) will be made in Poland in new Lucznik plant near city of Radom. FB Radom USA will do all that is neccesary to "922r" those. There are different ways to do that. One was used with I.O. for importing Archers (as single shot rifles), other is used for example by HK to manufacture MR556A1/MR762A1.

If you want to see how new Lucznik plant looks like and how rifles and pistols are made - look at video below. First part is about company history and footage from old plant, then new plant is presented together with sneak peak into manufacture process.

http://youtu.be/_YNG6aXqU7k
View Quote

Just watched the AKOU SHOT interview vid above.  Appears it'll be 922r initially and full production here (as a goal) down the line.

Yep, folks tend to call it Radom instead of  Fabryka Broni Lucznik, even though that's a location not a plant.  I still know what they mean so no big deal for me.  

Nice vid by the way.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Their 5.56 AK with AR mag well will be interesting. It shouldn't be ammo sensitive and will be an excellent SBR candidate
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I did fast check and ... no RADOM is not coming to USA. RADOM stays where it is for time being: Click me, I do not bite!.]
View Quote

Clever girl.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It leads to this:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It leads to this:

I'd agree with you, except that it specifically mentioned stamping/making receivers in TX. That takes it a little bit beyond what Araenal is doing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Clever girl.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did fast check and ... no RADOM is not coming to USA. RADOM stays where it is for time being: Click me, I do not bite!.]

Clever girl.....

OOOOPS!!!! Wrong button.... Tried to be too clever!

Link corrected!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'd agree with you, except that it specifically mentioned stamping/making receivers in TX. That takes it a little bit beyond what Araenal is doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It leads to this:

True, dat.  Although making receivers doesn't necessarily require a huge investment.  Certainly not the same investment that producing all AK parts would involve.  

And at one time, Arsenal "finished" milled receivers it had imported from Bulgaria.  If I recall correctly, Arsenal imported forgings and did the final machining in the U.S.  At least, they did enough work on the receivers to qualify them as "American-made".  But that was several years ago.  I believe you're correct that they aren't doing this anymore.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top