Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Pic. Please?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never owned a blow back operated rifle, although from my understanding is that if you have underpowered ammo it wont cycle... ?
View Quote

Underpowered ammo wont cycle anything well except manually operated firearms.
Blowback are generally very reliable, all those semi auto .22lr's pistols and rifles are blowback.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have never owned a blow back operated rifle, although from my understanding is that if you have underpowered ammo it wont cycle... ?
I have been looking at the keltec sub2000 in 9mm to buy since gen 2 will have a threaded barrell for 9mm suppressor... And I agree unless this ak is much better than a sub2000 or a hi point I don't see the advantages. Although to be fair we haven't even seen a picture!! Also the hi point and sub2000 are ugly little beasts.
View Quote

I built an AK in 9mm about 8 years ago.  It was a big fad back then.  UZI barrel.  AK-74 bolt welded to carrier.  Sten mag with custom housing.

With 9x19, blowback gun will eat underpowered ammo way better than locked recoil operated (like browning design) firearms.

Also with blowback, oversized case is no problem.  Unlike locked recoil breach where the case length is critical for the firearms to be locked.

This is one reason cheap blowback 9x19 pistols are very reliable (like hi-point).  No machining precision is required like locked breech.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand the disdain in this thread for blowback-operated guns. The Russian Vityaz, MP5, and Uzi are all blowback.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't understand the disdain in this thread for blowback-operated guns. The Russian Vityaz, MP5, and Uzi are all blowback.
View Quote

MP5 is a roller locked delayed blowback.  Not the same as the simple blowback of the Vityaz and UZI.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
how do we still have no photos!?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
How am I supposed to spend money if I can't even see the thing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

How are you supposed to spend money when it's not even for sale yet?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only got the money for one purchase this year, I can't even see what it looks like so I guess I'll just buy something else.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I would think that the lack of info and pictures more people are going to buy the CZ evo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Atlantic's silence is deafening. Wonder if the project was scrapped.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would think that the lack of info and pictures more people are going to buy the CZ evo.
View Quote

This is going to be me if I don't see something soon! Or a mini uzi SBR. Basically I NEED a tiny 9mm trunk gun.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm beginning to think these rifles must be uglier than a bag o smashed !@#$. Lack of pics is suspicious...
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
That's the danger of these "sneak peek" teasers.  People get excited, want more information, and the manufacturer isn't ready.  Then people get frustrated and move on to something else.  It's why Magpul doesn't anything until they are almost ready to ship anymore.

Atlantic should have held off until they were ready to go.  I fully expect it to be priced too high and have an awkward magazine lockup.  I hope I'm wrong on both accounts but right now, I too would rather go with the Skorpion EVO.  I know how much it costs and a reasonable expectation that it will work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Atlantic should at least say something since we as consumers want to spend money. I loose interest after a manufacturer posts then doesn't say anything for weeks on end. I am sure they have seen the postings about this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm being a patient boy. Atlantic has never let me down before.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#17]
</a>" />

</a>" />

Here is a 9mm AK prototype. I have read this is a Volk Armament Volk-9 prototype.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]
sexy sexy and oh did I say sexy
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope Atlantic's offering will be more of a krink
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be tight, but Krinkov parts are more $, but damn sexy
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#21]
This man gets it

Quoted:

I've only got the money for one purchase this year, I can't even see what it looks like so I guess I'll just buy something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt it, most people have been screaming for a Vityaz clone for years now.  I'm expect them to go that route.  We'll see though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I doubt it, most people have been screaming for a Vityaz clone for years now.  I'm expect them to go that route.  We'll see though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be nice if they posted a damn pic.

Seriously, I love Atlantic, but this is just stupid. If they didn't want us to have any info on it until it's ready to ship (or whatever) they should have just kept their mouth shut about it.

Yeah, my feels are starting to be hurt a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I heard from a semi reliable source that these are being made by Petronov something or other, which is Lancaster's new name. Buyer beware!
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/trunkmonkey240/10433270_1404972776418956_9072210757052307768_n_zpsxaebm1xc.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/trunkmonkey240/10891472_1446491138933786_8109289522228696062_n_zpslgiy7ykf.jpg</a>" />

<a href="http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/trunkmonkey240/media/10438563_1404974109752156_2289752350868001645_n_zpsuybtixnw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/trunkmonkey240/10438563_1404974109752156_2289752350868001645_n_zpsuybtixnw.jpg</a>

Here is a 9mm AK prototype. I have read this is a Volk Armament Volk-9 prototype.
View Quote

Is this the one Manticore Arms was refering to earlier that takes the MP5 mags?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I heard from a semi reliable source that these are being made by Petronov something or other, which is Lancaster's new name. Buyer beware!
View Quote

i thought atlantic said these were made in-house.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atlantic doesn't technically make anything.  They contract the projects out to other builders, then sell it under their own Atlantic Arms brand.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Schmexy
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Atlantic's silence is indeed deafening. I wonder what's going on with this project. Even if it proves not to be vaporware, I am not sure the choice of straight stick mags was a wise one. Curved mags, whether Sterling, MP5, or PPS, would work and look better.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I "wish" for a fatter wallet when this gets released! HK mags and forward cant stick mags will make the difference IMO but will be excited even if I have to stuff a Stick straight up in it!

Noah

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just so we can all be on the so we can all be on the same page here
1 . We have not promised anything other than we are working with 2 different firms on the AK 9MM project, we have not taken orders , promised a date or anything just to avoid the comments that are now starting .
2 . We have in fact asked for input from customers and provided that to the 2 company's working on the designs , there is no reason to be nasty if your idea is not what if finally built we do appreciate all reasonable & polite input and this may be Incorporated in other future offerings.
3 . Atlantic does in fact have a production wing of the firm Atlantic Arms MFG for our own series and we do occasionally have contract builds done by firm like Krebs Customs , Definitive Arms etc
4 . To be clear the AK 9 is not being made by Atlantic however we are working very close with the firms to assist with testing and other to help facilitate the project.
5 .  The  9 mm AK  has no affiliation with Petranov so it would be good if posters do not post false info from their not so reliable sources, that only leads to mis information.
6 . We have specifically have not released other details on the gun so we could avoid the   You promised me Syndrome , we thought it would be better to offer all of the firm and final , pictures , specs and prices once the guns were in final production.
7. The AKX 9 has been designed from the ground up with all new dedicated AKX 9 parts , the only thing that is off the shelf is the receivers , they are not built using cobbled together surplus parts  and will be made by a well known Top Tier builder .
8 . The AKX 9 pistol is done the rifles should be complete in the next 1 -2 weeks and at that time we will show the guns etc

We appreciate the interest and input !!!

View Quote

Thanks for responding. I look forward to seeing the final product. 9mm AK/Vityaz clone is something that many of us have waited a long time for, so it is nice that we'll at least have one variant on the market.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#34]
thanks for the heads up.. Super excited for this if everything works out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Petronov Arms is not Lancaster Arms.

Pentronov Arms purchased Lancaster Arms from the guy who caused all the issues with Lancaster, (Chuck somebody?). Totally new company. Might be using the same tools, and be in the same state, but that's about the extent of the similarity between the two companies.

ETA- just saw Atlantic's response. Thanks for the information. Cant wait.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
1 . We have not promised anything other than we are working with 2 different firms on the AK 9MM project, we have not taken orders , promised a date or anything just to avoid the comments that are now starting .
2 . We have in fact asked for input from customers and provided that to the 2 company's working on the designs , there is no reason to be nasty if your idea is not what if finally built we do appreciate all reasonable & polite input and this may be Incorporated in other future offerings.
3 . Atlantic does in fact have a production wing of the firm Atlantic Arms MFG for our own series and we do occasionally have contract builds done by firm like Krebs Customs , Definitive Arms etc
4 . To be clear the AK 9 is not being made by Atlantic however we are working very close with the firms to assist with testing and other to help facilitate the project.
5 .  The  9 mm AK  has no affiliation with Petranov so it would be good if posters do not post false info from their not so reliable sources, that only leads to mis information.
6 . We have specifically have not released other details on the gun so we could avoid the   You promised me Syndrome , we thought it would be better to offer all of the firm and final , pictures , specs and prices once the guns were in final production.
7. The AKX 9 has been designed from the ground up with all new dedicated AKX 9 parts , the only thing that is off the shelf is the receivers , they are not built using cobbled together surplus parts  and will be made by a well known Top Tier builder .
8 . The AKX 9 pistol is done the rifles should be complete in the next 1 -2 weeks and at that time we will show the guns etc

View Quote

Can you disclose the threads on the muzzle?

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Pentronov Arms purchased Lancaster Arms from the guy who caused all the issues with Lancaster, (Chuck somebody?). Totally new company. Might be using the same tools, and be in the same state, but that's about the extent of the similarity between the two companies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1730261&postcount=111

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Why keep the two firms a secret?

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1730261&postcount=111

I don't know if you meant to dispute what I posted with the link, but I'm not seeing where it does dispute what I posted.
Additionally, that post was from 2013 when Petronov bought Lancaster Arms.

I'm not trying to stand up for Petronov Arms, I don't own one of their weapons, nor do I have a personal relationship with Anthony Petronov. I've emailed him a few times, and he's responded.

I don't want to derail this thread further, but if you do have additional information showing where I'm incorrect, please IM me so that I'm not missing what's actually going on.
Seriously, please.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I guess I don't see the point given that 7.62x39 & 9mm are the same price & readily available. But to each their own. I'm sure it'll be fun to shoot
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I guess I don't see the point given that 7.62x39 & 9mm are the same price & readily available. But to each their own. I'm sure it'll be fun to shoot
View Quote
the last 4 pages don't have anything to do with comparing 7.62x39 to 9mm

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mustangduckk , yes the guns are designed for customers that want to use a 9mm suppressor & are threaded  1/2 x 28 , The guns were tested with a suppressor early in the Development stage .
View Quote

Cool thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Very much looking forward to it, thanks Atlantic
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Atlantic,

Please sell CA compliant versions?  

If not too much too ask, please let the magazine locks be easily removable, for the time when we leave this darn state ...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I sure hope you guys went with the Arsenal krink styling basically a true krink clone with long barrel etc you will sell a crap ton. If they are full size AK clones in 9mm they will still sell but I don't think near as well. I'd buy at least 2 if they were krinks but probly won't if they are full size guns i just don't see the point..market wants compact sub gun style PCC's
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top