User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I love the look of the one with wood furniture.

Would love one of these in my collection, but the price is more than I can swing.   In another life where my wallet hadn't been broken by divorce, I'd have seriously considered it.

Good job bringing it to market.   I wish I could play the game.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Uzi mags are "almost" the same. The mag catch cutout on a Uzi mag just needs a little modification.  You tube has plenty of videos on it. I have a lot of colt and Uzi converted mags for my colt 9mm smg. They work.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1700-1800

Not in this lifetime.Very cool rifle but not worth that much coin.

I would be in on one for @$900-1000
View Quote

My reaction as well. Need to get it down to half of that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Atlantic- ignore the haters. Thank you for bringing this to market. And the PTR32-Gen2's....
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Uzi mags are "almost" the same. The mag catch cutout on a Uzi mag just needs a little modification.  You tube has plenty of videos on it. I have a lot of colt and Uzi converted mags for my colt 9mm smg. They work.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems to me this is like the apple watch - you might like it or hate it, want it or not, too expensive or not ... it is a choice now.  If it sells it will get better if not then it becomes google glass ...  I appreciate it being out there and hope there are more to come
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seems to me this is like the apple watch - you might like it or hate it, want it or not, too expensive or not ... it is a choice now.  If it sells it will get better if not then it becomes google glass ...  I appreciate it being out there and hope there are more to come
View Quote

I'm sure Atlantic will sell every one they make. Not my cup of tea but a nice rifle, and in the grand scheme of things $1700 aint that much.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got out of the field to see I missed the folders :(
Any ETA on more?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Those days are long gone........everything has gone up, did you ever think we would be paying premium prices for 22 and waiting patiently to have it hit our shelves?  I could also complain that not even 10 yrs ago I was paying for gas at $1 a gallon........parts kits were drying up long ago, and everything now involving Russia doesn't help.

I just recently switched back to 9mm cause it's cheaper to shoot(45acp guy here.....prices are to expensive) and this rifle is something I can definately see sitting at the side of my bed for bumps in the night(especially SBRd!!) , it should compliment my vp9 nicely lol.

For the guys at Atlantic and this may be a very stupid question and sorry if it is......aren't uzi mags very similar to colt mags?  Will they work with this rifle as well??
Can you guys also give us a comparison of the OAL and length of your receiver compared to the vityaz......I am curious, thank you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even though this isn't want I was hoping it would be I do appreciate Atlantic bringing the 9mm AK to the market.
I've been blessed to have owned many cool AK rifles but every time I come back to the AK side I am reminded why I left to begin with $$$$$$$
    I really miss the days of $399 Bulgy Krink parts kits $199 Mac90's etc I guess this is what getting old does to you.

Anyway this looks like from the pictures to be an excellent quality build.
Personally I don't care if it is a correct clone  etc but if I may offer some constructive criticism. The rifle has a very dis-proportioned look due to the full length receiver.
For me to spend $1700 on a AK I would really have to love it ( I only had $950 into a InRange built bulgy krink)  Like I said above I am glad someone stepped up to the plate to build these but I hope that it gets a chance to evolve.  
      I really do hope these work out and sell fast

Those days are long gone........everything has gone up, did you ever think we would be paying premium prices for 22 and waiting patiently to have it hit our shelves?  I could also complain that not even 10 yrs ago I was paying for gas at $1 a gallon........parts kits were drying up long ago, and everything now involving Russia doesn't help.

I just recently switched back to 9mm cause it's cheaper to shoot(45acp guy here.....prices are to expensive) and this rifle is something I can definately see sitting at the side of my bed for bumps in the night(especially SBRd!!) , it should compliment my vp9 nicely lol.

For the guys at Atlantic and this may be a very stupid question and sorry if it is......aren't uzi mags very similar to colt mags?  Will they work with this rifle as well??
Can you guys also give us a comparison of the OAL and length of your receiver compared to the vityaz......I am curious, thank you.

Those days are long long gone but I do miss them.   Honestly I think they did a pretty good job and that it will sell since it's the only game in town.
It's really funny though as much as the cheap AK days are long gone who would have thought you could get a AR with a CHF barrel for $650.
10 Years ago they were double that price.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How does this rifle compare to the actual Russian Vityaz, and the one that was rumored to be coming for sale in the US prior to the sanctions?
View Quote

real vityaz

akx-9s

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Atlantic, do you think the price go below $1,400 in the foreseeable future?

Also, did anyone consider CZ EVO mags?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Can DA produce a full auto version for LE/Military?  I just want to see a full auto one
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#16]
any chance of selling a pistol with the sidefolder rear trunnion so we can add a side folder stock after Form 1'ing it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
any chance of selling a pistol with the sidefolder rear trunnion so we can add a side folder stock after Form 1'ing it?
View Quote

+1  ...please.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I'm missing it- how much for the brace and tube and adapter for the pistol ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#21]
The brace. Arm brace. Or do you only sell the buffer tube?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is not an option at this time but will be taken into consideration on future production runs .
View Quote

Thanks.

And do the fixed stocked versions have a standard rear trunnion or do they have the 4 hole design the pistol has? I cannot tell from the pics and currently tossing up other folding stock options
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We have sent several of these out to professional gun review guys and also wanted to offer a few of these out to the shooting community for a Range Review Special . We would offer a discount on the gun plus a few extra mags for a Brief & Honest review posted on AR15.com , This will help others see unbiased feedback on the build quality , accuracy etc . If you are interested please email our office with all your contact info

[email protected]
View Quote

That address is about to get flooded lol.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have sent several of these out to professional gun review guys and also wanted to offer a few of these out to the shooting community for a Range Review Special . We would offer a discount on the gun plus a few extra mags for a Brief & Honest review posted on AR15.com , This will help others see unbiased feedback on the build quality , accuracy etc . If you are interested please email our office with all your contact info

[email protected]

The discount is probably pretty small. $50 or less is what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm falling in love with this gun. looks great, what kind of accuracy are you getting out of these? Also I see the standard rear ak stock option model will a Romanian side folder fold and allow operation of the gun?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:40:41 AM EDT
[#30]
ill gladly buy a bolt assembly
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
ill gladly buy a bolt assembly
View Quote

You gonna try to build one your self If so then I would get a barrel trunnion from them as well. Because these parts are proprietary to their rifle design I doubt they would sell the parts. who knows
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:23:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.
View Quote

Wow leave it in GD
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Price price price, shoot it and you will buy one.  It's that nice!

Quick review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojvEXtUBXxI
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Just saw the Volk armament Facebook page.  I wonder if they are the firm who was supposedly working on the MP5 mag version?  Interesting to know if that's the case seeing as they are quoting a $1200 price tag.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Review over on the akfiles was not very favorable

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224609
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Review over on the akfiles was not very favorable

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224609
View Quote

Good read. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Please consider a krink variant
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think we get it. You don't like the price, but I ask you this where else is there a 9mm ak ready to ship? Just vote with your wallet, and I hope it would cost less but that's the price of a custom item.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just saw the Volk armament Facebook page.  I wonder if they are the firm who was supposedly working on the MP5 mag version?  Interesting to know if that's the case seeing as they are quoting a $1200 price tag.
View Quote

I just wouldn't hold my breath on it being $1,200. It can become vapor ware real quick. Like mp5 clones at that price.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Honestly..... I would buy it if was $1200-1300 shipped. Tops!

For an AK chambered in any round it's hard to spend more than $1200 on it.

Maybe in a few months when a few used come up for sale, which I doubt as I haven't seen any on other forums yet being discussed, I might buy one used for $1200.

I really want one, I'm a FFL/SOT, so as soon as I get it I can laup off that extension and put a Tri-Lug extension on and run it suppressed. Ever since I saw it
Being announced I was so happy and once pics and even video came out I was SOOOOO excited and was going to F5 the hell out of it, but...... That price crushed me.

If it was like $1250 shipped, I'd buy it right now, today!

I was looking at the full stock model, or the folding stock..... Maybe the pistol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Atlantic
If I order the pistol can I use the sig ak brace you sell that fits between the trigger guard and frame? Like on the pap pistol you sell?

Can A Blade Brace work on this?

Lastly on your web site for the pistol it shows the back of the pistol receiver drilled and tapped with 4 holes. Do they all come this way?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bring one to market of the same or better quality and cheaper if you think it costs too much.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top