Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/22/2014 5:37:37 PM EDT
Hi I was hoping someone could help me out. I was looking at getting the Polish Ak47 polymer kit from Atlantic the only thing is its a underfolder and I dont want a underfolder! So if I was to buy the kit, reciever, and barrel from Atlantic but sell the underfolder for a few bucks and go with a AR stock would that be a worth while and easy enough project with a virgin reciever?

Is there anything in that parts kit that would not allow or make it cost effective to just use that kit but build the rifle like I wanted to, with the stock option I wanted?

Any better kits out there?

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on your skill or comfort level but the polish kit you are looking at is going to need a barrel. Barrels are about $100 bucks depending on what you get. Populating the barrel is probably the hardest part of building an ak. Check out akbuilder.com they have three different fixed stock parts kits with barrels installed for not much more then your Atlantic kit.  The fixed stock trunion will be easier to convert to an ar receiver extension.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that link I was interested in getting a nitride barrel to try out, I was going to have my buddy build it for me he knows all the ins and out so to speak I am hoping he can show me how if he has the time from his regular builds....but getting a kit with the barrel al lready done is not that bad of an idea...maybe the Bulgarian parts kit with US barrel on that site you sent, would their be much of a difference between chrome lined and nitride barrels any benifit of one over the other that would make one more desirable? Thanks again..
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not really sure on the barrel think. Nitride is supposed to be hard as hell, chrome pinning can be uneven and rob some accuracy. If your not going to shoot corrosive ammo I don't think it really matters though. I have a chrome lined ak barrel and one non chrome lined.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top