User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 11/10/2014 2:44:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Very, very interesting.  Guess I'm going to have to get one more AK.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the final model have smoothed corners?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Love it. Will this fit milled receivers as well? Im hoping so, a few companies have put out handguards that fit both stamped and milled, it makes sense. :::fingers crossed::::
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And will they be chromed or matte black?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I really can't stand keymod, but that piece looks NICE!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, it's not chromed. It's just in the white.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope not, i'm digging the angular look.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
this might be needed for the Draco.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet, but it's missing some sort of full railed top cover that attaches to that thing.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sweet, but it's missing some sort of full railed top cover that attaches to that thing.
View Quote

Read the second sentence.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
And best of all, it actually fits the receiver fully, unlike so much of the junk I see with the ridiculous gaps in the corners.

ETA: Love to see one that didn't have the keymod holes, just solid actually would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks nice.  Curious to see what price it comes in at.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I like it, but would prefer some chamfering/radius on those corners. I'm sure it's fine when rails are attached, but the point of the Keymod is to avoid rails altogether. Overall, the fit looks great, keep up the good work. I'd love that on an SBR Draco.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Probably not for me but I applaud you guys! Nice work.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Love it. Will this fit milled receivers as well? Im hoping so, a few companies have put out handguards that fit both stamped and milled, it makes sense. :::fingers crossed::::
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]
YES.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It should fit with modification of the rear lug.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

??

It should fit with modification of the rear lug.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

good deal.........5 min with the dremel........ill be in for one
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I will be in for 1 or maybe 2.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#22]
What about milling a small slot on the bottom so that you can run a sling through the rear triangular holes and out the bottom like on the Zenit B10?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks sweet.  I wonder how it'll look with the top cover...
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Would this work with a Vepr 7.62 AK
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
As always Manticore hits it out of the park.

Have you guys ever put any thought into making a railed dust cover?

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
A M92 model would be awesome.  If it would work with my Ultimak.  My 107 might need one of these as well.  Keep up the good work I love my triangle folder.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A M92 model would be awesome.  
View Quote

+Infinity
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Very excited to see these in person!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks great. How much does it weigh?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looks great. How much does it weigh?
View Quote

Looks like its 3.6 ounces to me
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#32]
yea....If I was guessing I would put it exactly at 3.6 ounces.......If you divide the number of keymod slots by 50, then multiply it by how many straight edges the rail has, it comes to 3.6......that equation usually works for all rails
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Can I just send you a check right now?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
yea....If I was guessing I would put it exactly at 3.6 ounces.......If you divide the number of keymod slots by 50, then multiply it by how many straight edges the rail has, it comes to 3.6......that equation usually works for all rails
View Quote

Someone out there somewhere is trying this right now.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Great job guys.  Now I need to resit the urge to buy a second AK. Thanks a lot......
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Nice going y'all! I think this would be great on my Arsneal.

Rog
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cranking them out on the machines feverishly right now!  
View Quote

looking at ordering a few accessories over the weekend and if I plan on getting your HG, then I will want to order keymod versions instead of 1913. I know you stated these were designed for stamped receivers, and I have milled, but other then shaving the rear tab down until it fits in my receiver it mounts like any other HG right? (shove in the receiver, use HG retainer upfront to lock in place)  Does it use any clamps / screws for its mounting?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Make these in M LOK please  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:19:17 AM EDT
[#41]
just when i thought i was done spending  lol

nice job
will keep an eye on this
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Shut up and take my money!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I won't lie, the M-LOK slots are freaky long and look like ass on, well, pretty much anything that isn't a 13"+ AR forend, but we'll make them because people want them.  

Seriously, that is how much I love you guys, I will sacrifice my aesthetic ideals just so you can get the function you want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make these in M LOK please  

I won't lie, the M-LOK slots are freaky long and look like ass on, well, pretty much anything that isn't a 13"+ AR forend, but we'll make them because people want them.  

Seriously, that is how much I love you guys, I will sacrifice my aesthetic ideals just so you can get the function you want.

Time to work on an extended handguard!

Frankly, I like the M-LOK system over Keymod. Keymod just...sucks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Amazing how again, my legit question as a potential customer gets over looked and the guys tiny "make an M-lok" comment below me gets answered. Maybe I will have better luck asking Rob Ski
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Amazing how again, my legit question as a potential customer gets over looked and the guys tiny "make an M-lok" comment below me gets answered. Maybe I will have better luck asking Rob Ski
View Quote
how old are you? Pick up the phone and call the guys or email them directly.....

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
how old are you? Pick up the phone and call the guys or email them directly.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are you trying to hit on me?  Im not old enough to drink......Email them the same question that was avoided in here, why didnt I think about that!?!?!  Ive already have a message into AK operators union, but thanks for the suggestion
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This may be hard to believe, but I have A LOT of work to do every day, and sometimes, just sometimes, I miss a single question written in a post on a single internet forum, especially when I am responding AT MIDNIGHT and viewing the forum on my Iphone's tiny little screen..

Also as an FYI these are not listed for sale yet, we are a few weeks out- that was mentioned in the first post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This may be hard to believe, but I have A LOT of work to do every day, and sometimes, just sometimes, I miss a single question written in a post on a single internet forum, especially when I am responding AT MIDNIGHT and viewing the forum on my Iphone's tiny little screen..

Also as an FYI these are not listed for sale yet, we are a few weeks out- that was mentioned in the first post.

Ahh sarcasm, ill play. Believe it or not, most companies who want to sell a product answer questions about the product. Instead, BOTH times i asked a legit question it went "overlooked" but you managed to engage in small talk. Oh, and FYI, I never said I wanted to buy this HG this weeked, I said I was buying accesories this weekend that would either be 1913 or Keymod depending on the answer to my question of this handguards compatability with my rifle (Which might I add you still did not answer). You confirmed I need to shave the rear tab, which I already stated myself and know, but did not answer if there were any clamps or screws involved in mounting or if it just mounts like a regular HG going into the receiver and the retainer up front to fasten it. Thanks for letting me know what was mentioned in the first post, it had absolutely nothing to do with what I was inquiring about.........oh yea, forgot the sarcastic winkey  

ETA: I look forward to the release of this HG and plan on purchasing it
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ahh sarcasm, ill play. Believe it or not, most companies who want to sell a product answer questions about the product. Instead, BOTH times i asked a legit question it went "overlooked" but you managed to engage in small talk. Oh, and FYI, I never said I wanted to buy this HG this weeked, I said I was buying accesories this weekend that would either be 1913 or Keymod depending on the answer to my question of this handguards compatability with my rifle (Which might I add you still did not answer). You confirmed I need to shave the rear tab, which I already stated myself and know, but did not answer if there were any clamps or screws involved in mounting or if it just mounts like a regular HG going into the receiver and the retainer up front to fasten it. Thanks for letting me know what was mentioned in the first post, it had absolutely nothing to do with what I was inquiring about.........oh yea, forgot the sarcastic winkey  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a chill pill, 'dude'. I'm pretty sure he answered your 'legit' question.

You asked:
but other then shaving shaving the rear tab down until it fits in my receiver it mounts like any other handguard right?

Manticore answered:
Yes, you should hast (just?) have to modify the rear tab slightly to work on a milled receiver.

If it's as simple as shaving down the tab to make the stamped version fit the milled version, why would there be other methods of attaching? It has to mount keymod accessories. There's not enough room for both. You can also mount your cleaning rod, and use it with an Ultimak. Logic man, logic.

ETA: Forgot my sarcastic winky face.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top