BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Please tell me all the new Alfa's coming out, including the milled and vepr 12 are NOT going to have the white text down the side?!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please tell me all the new Alfa's coming out, including the milled and vepr 12 are NOT going to have the white text down the side?!
View Quote

Paint over it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well I know that.....I just dont recall seeing any of the previous ones in pics . videos having white lettering, hence my question
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hot damn but that looks great! How does this lower look with a standard upper HG? Can't afford both right now lol.

Got a rifle on the way from CNC warrior with your Renegade front set-up, but Tyler said he was out of the PA/aimpoint micro specific tops, any ETA on more of those?

http://www.manticorearms.com/images/MA-11280%20on%20gun(1).jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ALFA RAILS  are now available in ARC LOK.   Just got them up on the website.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Hot damn but that looks great! How does this lower look with a standard upper HG? Can't afford both right now lol.

Got a rifle on the way from CNC warrior with your Renegade front set-up, but Tyler said he was out of the PA/aimpoint micro specific tops, any ETA on more of those?

Very nice
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#7]
That MLOK version looks GOOD!
Cant wait for the milled version Sven!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Any ETA on when we can see the MLOK?

Sorry I remember reading that you were still trying to figure a way to make it more appealing to the eye, but I can't remember any updates since then. Also due to the aesthetics issue, do you still plan on offering the MLOK in standard (not extended) length?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Very nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Very nice

Thanks PD! Any chance of you doing a review on these M92 carbines? (if already done previously please ignore my stupid and give me a link, lol)
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
O
Quoted:

Thanks PD! Any chance of you doing a review on these M92 carbines? (if already done previously please ignore my stupid and give me a link, lol)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Very nice

Probably not.  I actually have an approved stamp for a M92 that I haven't done anything with.   But, CNC doesn't play nice with YouTube channels so I don't see anything happening there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is ARC LOK, not M-LOK, but thanks.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That MLOK version looks GOOD!
Cant wait for the milled version Sven!

That is ARC LOK, not M-LOK, but thanks.  

Shit!
Sorry!

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#14]
How much dimensional difference is there between Manticore Alpha, milled vs stamped version lower hg?  Since it's been months with no ETA on a Manticore for milled, has anyone tried to make the stamped version work?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking forward to the VEPR rifle caliber ALFA rail.
Please keep the same length and weight as the current ALFA.
The VEPR is front heavy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#17]

I have one of DDI's milled AK-47 under folders and I love it.  I got one of the bakelite ones to boot.  However, I've been hunting for a set of railed hand guards that:

1. Doesn't clamp anything to the barrel.
2. Doesn't require cutting off the hand guard retainer.
3. Allows me to still use iron sights should my optic crap out.
4. Allows me to fold the stock closed.

(Sure, I could pick up a Krebs Custom HG set, but I already have one of their stamped versions.)

And Lo and behold, Manticore Arms rides in to save the day!  Please count me in for a set of those hand guards (upper and lower) for a milled rifle when you begin
cranking them out.

Patiently waiting to give you my money,

Okie
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered A keymod lower, Not sure what you use to charge credit/debit cards but it tripped my fraud alert and it called me to verify to let the transaction process. I ok-ed it so hope to see this in this week.

I'm not really an AK guy but have a converted saiga that I want to put a vfg and light on. I was going to get the krebs till I saw this. I didn't want an upper portion since i intend to go with an RSregulate mount.. I'll have to snap pics when I get it installed. This was exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Sven @ Manticore,

Just so you guys know, Zenit has NO plans to make a railed hand guard for milled AKs.  You and Krebs will be the only guys in town
offering hand guards for milled rifles that don't clamp onto the barrel.  

And yes, I'm dying for an update on when you think you'll have them up for sale.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I close my eyes and I can see an extended version on an rpk.

It is glorious

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I close my eyes and I can see an extended version on an rpk.

It is glorious

LOL

Only you can make my dreams a reality.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I close my eyes and I can see an extended version on an rpk Vepr.

It is glorious

View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Sooooo, any idea when the extended keymod rails will be in stock?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Sven,

I have a question for you.  I have been checking out your railed hand guards and noticed the round holes on the top edge of the lower HG.  Would your hand guards be compatible with the Zenit B-33
railed dust cover?  If so, that would be totally awesome.

Roy
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sven,

I have a question for you.  I have been checking out your railed hand guards and noticed the round holes on the top edge of the lower HG.  Would your hand guards be compatible with the Zenit B-33

Roy
View Quote

Pretty sure its not. The Zenit cover's holes go a little deeper down into the HG and the MA ALPHA HG's holes are a little higher.

Manticore Arms stated that they would be coming out with a railed dust cover that will attach to their HGs though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Wait, wait wait, Manticore will be producing it's own hinged and railed dust cover?  Oh, you guys are so getting my money...  Of course, now I suppose I'll have to wait even longer for a one of these for
a milled AK, but so be it.    

Thank you very much for the heads up.

Roy
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#32]
When will yugo version be out?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Correct, Zenitco produts are not interchangeable with Manticore ALFA forends.  

Without going into a lot of technical detail, simply put Zenitco uses the thickness of the integral picatinny rail for their screw mounting area.   We were able to engineer a mounting method that allowed the integral picatinny to be removed.

Although they may have some superficial appearance of being compatible or a similar product, it is just that- superficial resemblance.  The parts of Zentico and  Manticore ALFA are not interchangeable (although most parts within the ALFA rail line are interchangeable with each other and designed that way from the outset!)

We do plan to bring out a hinged top cover that bolts to the handguard at some point, but I do not have an ETA.

Sven

Manticore Arms

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sven,

Roy

Pretty sure its not. The Zenit cover's holes go a little deeper down into the HG and the MA ALPHA HG's holes are a little higher.

Manticore Arms stated that they would be coming out with a railed dust cover that will attach to their HGs though.

Correct, Zenitco produts are not interchangeable with Manticore ALFA forends.  

Without going into a lot of technical detail, simply put Zenitco uses the thickness of the integral picatinny rail for their screw mounting area.   We were able to engineer a mounting method that allowed the integral picatinny to be removed.

Although they may have some superficial appearance of being compatible or a similar product, it is just that- superficial resemblance.  The parts of Zentico and  Manticore ALFA are not interchangeable (although most parts within the ALFA rail line are interchangeable with each other and designed that way from the outset!)

We do plan to bring out a hinged top cover that bolts to the handguard at some point, but I do not have an ETA.

Sven

Manticore Arms

Hinged top cover?

I'll be in my bunk
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry if this has been answered but will this fit on the new DDI guns with Hungarian front trunnions?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
First Extended ALFA Rail off the production line being run through the paces at a Larry Vickers 2 day AK training course this weekend.  You can also see the Flush Fit Side Folder stock adapter on there too.  Ran like a champ.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/Extended%20ALFA%20rail%20painted.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Extended%20ALFA%20rail%20painted.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looking good with that paint job! Are you guys gonna offer your ALPHA rails with standard picatinny rails or are they only gonna be available with keymod and arklok?

Meanwhile my M92 is sad cause she doesn't have many options when it comes to aluminum railed handguards. And just doesn't like the way MI rails look.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
First Extended ALFA Rail off the production line being run through the paces at a Larry Vickers 2 day AK training course this weekend.  You can also see the Flush Fit Side Folder stock adapter on there too.  Ran like a champ.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/Extended%20ALFA%20rail%20painted.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Extended%20ALFA%20rail%20painted.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks awesome.

You didn't happen to get a pic of that gun next to LAV's Alpha build, did you? It'd be cool to see those side-by-side.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sven

Manticore Arms

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Extended%20ALFA%20rail%20painted.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#42]
That is a very tastefully done extended model. I'm still holding out hope that you guys will do an M92 model (not the Renegade)!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

ETA on FLush Fit Side Folder stock Adapter?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Sigh.. so now I'm on the hook for your railed HGs for my milled under folder AND a side folder stock adapter for my AKS-74?      
My other question is what is the diameter of the hinge pin; 4.5mm or 5.5mm?  
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

Looks awesome!! Do you have any more pics or perhaps a video of the flush fit side folder? I think im gonna need one for my SLR 107cr
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Shut up and take my money already! Need one in arc-lok asap!

Quoted:
That is a very tastefully done extended model. I'm still holding out hope that you guys will do an M92 model (not the Renegade)!

Renegade handguard is teh bomb on M92's, got my optic topcover for mine a couple months ago, still need to take some pics with optic, running a PA micro, very solid set-up and holds zero perfectly.
Page / 9
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top