BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
AZOutdoorsman:

Dude, Generations of product is not "planned obsolescence" that's insane.

By that thinking, did Manticore just cross your "planned obsolescence" line by offering a THIRD, yes a THIRD model of Alfa rail? Keymod, but then ARC LOK, but now extended?!?! THE HORROR. A regular Keymod Alfa rail is now as obsolete as a Gen 1 Pmag, or Polymer set of Gen2 Mbus sights, in other words:
NOT AT ALL OBSOLETE - all work just fine, I have Gen1 Pmags I should go tell that they are obsolete, oh wait, they are loaded and sitting in guns. Shit.

Magpul sued ETS because Magpul has a very clear patent, ETS violated it. Not rocket science.

On to grown up affairs,

Sven: The extended version is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who said Extended Keymod AK rail?  

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/ma-12300%20left.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/ma-12300%20left.jpg</a>
View Quote

<meme removed> wrong forum. dryflash3

Glad I waited. How far out?

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Looks awesome!

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I really prefer the ability to use the cleaning rod, and chance for the ability to drill a hole for the cleaning rod. You need one if you get a stuck casing, or worse.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really prefer the ability to use the cleaning rod, and chance for the ability to drill a hole for the cleaning rod. You need one if you get a stuck casing, or worse.
View Quote

Definitely one of the coolest features of this forend, no modifications, retain the cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/ma-12300%20left.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/ma-12300%20left.jpg</a>
View Quote

You have my attention!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
My Bulgy homebuild getting her ALFA on.

Sven, this is shweet, I love it!

Excuse the semi potato pics...

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dude, that is an outstanding build- you mind if I repost your pics on our Facebook page?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Bulgy homebuild getting her ALFA on.

Sven, this is shweet, I love it!

Excuse the semi potato pics...
http://i.imgur.com/QgBmyLI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JOYaGn7.jpg

Dude, that is an outstanding build- you mind if I repost your pics on our Facebook page?

Thanks!
Go right ahead!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

AZOutdoorsman:
Dude, Generations of product is not "planned obsolescence" that's insane.

By that thinking, did Manticore just cross your "planned obsolescence" line by offering a THIRD, yes a THIRD model of Alfa rail? Keymod, but then ARC LOK, but now extended?!?! THE HORROR. A regular Keymod Alfa rail is now as obsolete as a Gen 1 Pmag, or Polymer set of Gen2 Mbus sights, in other words:

NOT AT ALL OBSOLETE - all work just fine, I have Gen1 Pmags I should go tell that they are obsolete, oh wait, they are loaded and sitting in guns. Shit.

Magpul sued ETS because Magpul has a very clear patent, ETS violated it. Not rocket science.

On to grown up affairs,

Sven: The extended version is AWESOME!
View Quote

USGI mag followers had front and rear supports before Magpul existed.

Different models with clearly different features offered concurrently are not the same as "generations."

You obviously have zero experience in sales development or in corporate America. Apple and Microsoft use similar models with success. Come out with new products to boost sales, even when the last generation is still relevant, and buy out or sue the little guy. Planned obsolescence does not mean "obsolete."
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
deleted, done arguing

Dig the Manticore forend, dig the Bulgy build above.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh, and for those that have been itching, we finally got the sample milled gun in the shop today.  I will get to work on that design soon.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Yessss....but is it the century c39 I thought you guys mentioned you were getting? If so, im slightly worried because the C39 can take stamped furniture, which all other milled guns cant, so something about the tolerances is wayyyyyyyy off on that gun versus all other milled variants  I.E Bulgarians

ETA: I might be confused, i know the rear trunnion on the Century C39 allows for the RD stock adapter, which fits no milled guns, maybe its just part thats weird and the forend is standard milled

my Arsenal SLR-95 NEEDS an alpha rail to be complete! Then I will have one hell of a pic for you for facebook!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Might have missed it.

Any plans on Yugo?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Might have missed it.

Any plans on Yugo?
View Quote

I think they stated yes, but in time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Digging the extended model. Does it utilize the standard hand guard retainer?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We will being doing ALFA rails for all models of AK's.  It just takes time to design each model and then get it into production (all while keeping the already released models in stock).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Might have missed it.

Any plans on Yugo?

We will being doing ALFA rails for all models of AK's.  It just takes time to design each model and then get it into production (all while keeping the already released models in stock).

I can imagine. Seems like making these kind of accessories for the AK is a huge PITA.

Glad to see you guys doing it though

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#22]
What's the ETA on the extended rail?  I have a new AK ordered and I'm looking for some rails for it.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, huge PITA is an understatement!  Our in house collection of AK's is getting to be pretty absurd at this point.  But someone needs to make a kickass  handguard for the AK, right?  
View Quote

Hot damn I love your attitude!

I'm curious as well about a yugo handguard, someone may have mentioned it already, but interested in the idea of an arc-lok handguard for an M92, I like the Renegade piece you have and looked great on the prototype Tyler posted, but wondering how cool one of these alfa rails would look on it? Especially paired with one of your triangle stocks, I saw where Tyler said he was resurrecting the basic sidefolder hinge that you can bolt it to. I'm more into fixed stocks myself, and gave him a suggestion for a fixed stock mounting bracket for M92's with an integral sling loop for use with single-point slings. I think this set-up with an alfa rail type handguard would be badass.

Just FYI and i'm not sure very many guys are into going non-conventional with their SA-85's, but wondering if there was the potential for a special order alfa with the cuts needed to accommodate the slightly-different handguard retainer on the SA-85? I can send you one that i've cut to fit for measurements, it's not very much that needs to be done, but a standard fit handguard won't work without it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms

We already have requests from two separate companies asking us to do VEPR 12 and VEPR rifle caliber ALFA handguards for them, likely those will be next along with a milled AK version.
View Quote

Double win for me! been wishing a company had a smooth handguard option for the Vepr 12 that allowed you to put accessories only where you wanted versus the "quad rails" currently offered and the RFT handguard that only allows a rail on the bottom. My Milled and Vepr 12 will be sporting alpha's
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:47:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Will the extended ALFA work with an AK104/5 without those top rail sections? It looks like it'd be a tight fit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The front top cover is a little outdated in this photo (it was an early version of the Mini Draco top cover), but you can see what the standard Extended Lower looks like on a 107CR.  As you can see it is a bit long, but if you are running a 107CR with  the barrel actually threaded it would would fine with a small modification to the lower.  

If we were to make a dedicated "CR"  lower we would prune it back flush with the front of the front sight base so the 24mm threads were exposed and make a dedicated "notched" top cover for the front sight that looks similar to the current one we are making for the Mini Draco

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/107CR%20MA12300.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/107CR%20MA12300.jpg</a>
View Quote

Long rail would work good on a Vepr, easy to do the frontend too as you just need a screwhole in the bottom front to mount.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Already working on a VEPR design by request of a large company, we are going to do something a touch different for the VEPRs.  
View Quote

Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Why is it that you always find the cool stuff right after you place an order for something else....

Hopefully, I can cancel the tri-rail order I just placed and wait on the Vepr-12 Alfa rail instead.

Sven, you guys are on a roll - between this Alfa rail and all of the cool Tavor gear recently released, you're getting a lot of my money.  And I like it!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just wait until you see what we are doing for the AR-15.  
View Quote

Making a steel receiver instead of aluminum, switching from sketchy unreliable DI to piston, eliminating half the parts (especially all those g****m little springs and detents) and testing with the obligatory ham sammich?

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Hurry up, my new WASR need some pimpn'

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think an Osprey-shaped suppressor would look good tucked under that hand guard on an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the extended version would be great on an RPK...

Just throwing that out there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If we were to make a dedicated "CR"  lower we would prune it back flush with the front of the front sight base so the 24mm threads were exposed and make a dedicated "notched" top cover for the front sight that looks similar to the current one we are making for the Mini Draco

View Quote

That would be great
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
ALFA RAILS  are now available in ARC LOK.   Just got them up on the website.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Hot damn but that looks great! How does this lower look with a standard upper HG? Can't afford both right now lol.

Got a rifle on the way from CNC warrior with your Renegade front set-up, but Tyler said he was out of the PA/aimpoint micro specific tops, any ETA on more of those?

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hot damn but that looks great! How does this lower look with a standard upper HG? Can't afford both right now lol.

Got a rifle on the way from CNC warrior with your Renegade front set-up, but Tyler said he was out of the PA/aimpoint micro specific tops, any ETA on more of those?

http://www.manticorearms.com/images/MA-11280%20on%20gun(1).jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ALFA RAILS  are now available in ARC LOK.   Just got them up on the website.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

http://www.manticorearms.com/images/MA-11280%20on%20gun(1).jpg

While not the ARC LOK version I'd say it gives you an idea of how it will look. Image is from Rob Ski at AKOU.

Page / 9
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top