Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2014 8:19:34 PM EDT
Just what the title said.  I don't want junk like UTG or NC Star.  I found this site randomly.  Seems legit, but never heard if them...but I am not sure I want to spend more than $20 for this tool.  What does Arfcom say?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The one that you linked to is really the best one you can get.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to know..I never heard of them before.  I am new to AKs, but got the bug pretty bad

Are there any others that are comparable?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good to know..I never heard of them before.  I am new to AKs, but got the bug pretty bad

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to get one of those, I have one of the Arsenals with the fused front post, I sheared off a standard front sight tool with almost no effort.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered one. Came to almost $40, but seems worth it considering everthing else out there is junk
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I broke 2 tapco's before i got that magna. Its pushed the front sight like it wasnt there. The only negative is if you dont put some cloth or something inbetween the tool and the post where it touches it'll mare it some. Awesome tool though
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one of those in your link here on the EE last month for for $12 shipped

Very heavy duty,you should never need another one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got one of those in your link here on the EE last month for for $12 shipped

Very heavy duty,you should never need another one.
View Quote

Damn, good buy!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want to adjust the windage and elevation that is the tool to get.
The only other tool I like is the arsenal front sight elevation wrench.
http://www.k-var.com/shop/AA1401.html
It's more for military armorers adjusting several rifles. You really don't need the reference marks to adjust one rifle but it is a nice tool. Keep in mind it only adjusts elevation so you would still need a sight pusher. The point of the tool is to make accurate elevation adjustments with less tweaking. The magnamatic can and will adjust the sight as accurately it just takes more tweaking to get there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Or a B-square or poly tech for half the cost.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I know people knock it, but I've had really good luck with my $10 Tapco.  Still using the same one from 2008.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I own a tapco and it's great but I had to get the magna for my Krinkov
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know people knock it, but I've had really good luck with my $10 Tapco.  Still using the same one from 2008.
View Quote

I've never had a problem with the TAPCO tool.
Of course, when a friend had a drum that was so tight that the tool wouldn't move it easily, I used my bench vise and a couple of appropriately sized 1/4 inch drive sockets, rather than putting excessive force on the tool.
The tool moved it easily once it was freed up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#14]
the magna is great but it doesn't work for all AK sights.  VEPR type 2s and Zastava M92s have very unique front sights that sit too close to the gas block/front handguard and dont allow you to drop regular AK sight tools low enough to adjust.  I still haven't found a tool that works with my M92s.  My VEPR type 2 will work with the cheaper types (which didnt break so they were fine)

The problem with the magna matic is that it is totally circular.  Normally this is a good thing cuz it adds strength to the design but with the unique guns/sights I listed it actually is a huge PITA
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I like this one but that one you linked looks pretty darn nice, and it's one piece which is a plus.  I am always losing the wrenches to mine.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/623495/b-square-sight-pusher-and-elevation-wrench-combo-pack-ak-47-sks?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=26-412797210-2&ads=&cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never broke mine, yet.  It didn't cost me anything.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I just recently purchased a magna matic from midway on clearance for $17

Works great.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Check their site as the AKFST-GS Front Sight Tool (Gunsmith Edition) is the upgraded design that is supposed to work for all AK front sights.  This is the one I purchased for my M92.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top