BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:48:32 AM EDT
A guy over on r/guns posted some pics and info. It's a damn shame we can't get these.

http://imgur.com/a/2dqTj

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
want sbr
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Dammit... that's the only AK I still want to add to my flock. Maybe they'll become available in some distant future.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn we were so close to getting those.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
want sbr
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If and when they arrive, I will have one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Blowback?? Didnt see a piston.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

They would have sold more in the states than the rest of the world combined.  Bet they're pissed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I wasn't into 9mm SMG's, but I am now ...must have

I'm going to be in the Netherlands in January and will see if I can find one in person. Work associate live there and says that you can get most any kind of rifle there, just have to be a member of a gun club for 3 years and no FA or suppressors

Z
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe we will see the import ban lifted when Putin shuts the gas off on Germany this winter.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Really Really Want.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
That mag well looks potentially replaceable....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I suspect you will see some production homegrown 9mm AK's in the U.S. market pretty soon. Looks like there are a few companies going to have one out in the next 12 months or so.
View Quote

Interesting, I heard about that mostly on youtube channels during the IV8888 shoot. I just wonder what type of AKs. But I bet it's going to be above 1.5k which at that point makes me start thinking, this or the SIG MPX which is a sweet little gun with domestically produced mags.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I suspect you will see some production homegrown 9mm AK's in the U.S. market pretty soon. Looks like there are a few companies going to have one out in the next 12 months or so.
View Quote

Hypothetically, what type of magazines do you think they would likely accept?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The least troublesome path would be to use widely available MP5 mags rather than something proprietary.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Very, very nice.  I will buy one of these if they become available.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The least troublesome path would be to use widely available MP5 mags rather than something proprietary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will take MP5 mags. The US made 9mm AK that is.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe we will see the import ban lifted when Putin shuts the gas off on Germany this winter.
View Quote

Or maybe not.

As for the Saiga, cool indeed.  Not a "must have" for me though.  My Kel-tec Sub 2000 slings 9mm just fine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool toy at $500-600.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll take mine in .45 so I don't have to invest in another caliber.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm going to be in the Netherlands in January and will see if I can find one in person. Work associate live there and says that you can get most any kind of rifle there, just have to be a member of a gun club for 3 years and no FA or suppressors

Z
View Quote

I speak Dutch, can I come?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Proprietary mags will be tough to find and pricey I bet...that is assuming they were able to somehow make their was to the USA
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Can someone remind me why Saigas are no longer available? They dried up long before the recent spat with Russia.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Z

You never cease to impress. By all means, of course ;)

Z
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can someone remind me why Saigas are no longer available? They dried up long before the recent spat with Russia.
View Quote

Panic buying cleaned them out after Sandy Hook, then right as they started to show up again the Russian sanctions shut them down.

The flow of them into the country was never all that steady.  They have always been a bit of an all or nothing type of thing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Would be good to feed that case of wolf 9mm I have left.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Uzi mags, or Glock mags, etc...

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I want one in 7.62x25. I'm a firm believer that 9 is fine, but really have no interest in it outside of a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes we are testing a 9mm AK pistol & Rifle configuration at this time in the US and it is progressing very well . They are currently in a testing and evaluation phase before being approved for final production .
View Quote

Mp5 magazines?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP5 mags would be my choice, as they would keep the right look and they are easy to find for sale.  Uzi mags would be second pick.

If they go with glock mags, they can keep it.  I hate hate hate the way carbines with pistol mags look.  I get the whole function of form thing, but realistically this would just be a toy, and I don't want it to look retarded
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#34]
There is a guy that is making almost perfect vetyaz clone he sells kits at the akforum. He is working onselling complete refles soon.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We have 2 models that are being worked on one takes MP5 mags the other takes the more readily available and less expensive 9mm AR15 mags. Both models are up and running one is in the advanced testing phase to weed out any other changes before going into production .These will be offered in both a rifle and pistol configuration .
View Quote

could we get a sneak peek picture? I love AKs and PCCs... an AK PCC is very relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We have 2 models that are being worked on one takes MP5 mags the other takes the more readily available and less expensive 9mm AR15 mags. Both models are up and running one is in the advanced testing phase to weed out any other changes before going into production .These will be offered in both a rifle and pistol configuration .
View Quote

I think I need a cigarette.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

SB-15 Brace + 7.62x25 please!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

And... They'll first retail for $1,000+

I have to imagine this is a $600 gun under mass production economics and reasonable demand.  However, I don't see this being a high volume seller, and I also have to imagine that the creators will need to recoup R&D/tooling upfront.

I won't buy one for anything above $750, which means I probably won't own one for at least 5 years.  Cool idea though.

Atlantic -- please, please make sure these are available in a traditional wood configuration, preferably Krinkov styling, and having a chrome-lined or nitrided barrel (I'd guess nitrided is what's being used in testing).  If that configuration is available, I might not be able to resist springing for one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Man, that's really cool. Surely they will remove the sanctions on Russia in the near future so Saiga can be imported again. It seems like the Ukraine crisis has kinda cooled down a bit, hey I can have dreams.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Metalform Colt style mags would be a smart choice for cost and availability  
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Where's the DROOL button?  
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Ar15 mags please!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have any say in this, find out if you can get it in Glock 33 rnd mags.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugh! You disappoint me man! Lol, I'm joking, I vote for MP5 mags.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sterling mags could also work well in a Vityaz clone, but I don't know how widely available they are.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#47]
I think the MP5 mags would be the ones that look more like the originals, and are readily available. That's why I voted that way.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#48]
I've lusted over a 9mm Krinkov ever since I ran across this pic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've lusted over a 9mm Krinkov ever since I ran across this pic.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ihc53/media/551009_zps1017d231.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ihc53/551009_zps1017d231.jpg</a>
View Quote

This is what I want.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Would rather have the original type Krinkov top cover / sight though...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top