Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/30/2014 4:43:37 AM EDT
Hello all, I apologize if this is a repeat thread, but I could not find answers anywhere.

I own a Waffen Werks AK74.  I purchased it new in late 2012.  Its serial number is 0017#.  It has a stamped reciever I believe (no milling marks and has a side mount for optics).  The gun has been absolutely flawless and quality is identical to an Arsenal (hammer forged barrel aside).

My question is: Do I have a Novak Spud reciever or a Waffen Werks in house reciever? Do I have a Green Mtn sourced barrel?  When did the QC issues begin to show in the Waffen Werks line?  Anything to look for to see the specs on my rifle?

Thanks for all the help, either way, I love my AK and will continue to send more 1000s of rounds through it!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
What markings does your receiver have on it in the bottom just forward of the magwell?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, in front of the mag well... not inside the trigger... if my memory serves me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
They key factor is what it says haha. If it's a nodak, it will say nodak on it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember seeing Nodak written anywhere on the outside.  It just says Waffen Werks Knoxville TN (or something along those lines, I am not near my rifle)  and has the WW symbol.  So that means it is an in house receiver?? IS that better or worse than a Nodak?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't remember seeing Nodak written anywhere on the outside. It just says Waffen Werks Knoxville TN (or something along those lines, I am not near my rifle) and has the WW symbol. So that means it is an in house receiver?? IS that better or worse than a Nodak?
View Quote

I am going to assume that you are a neophyte here.

Otherwise, are you <removed>, remember you are in a tech forum NOT GD. dryflash3? NoDak Spud receivers are extremely high quality while Waffen Werks in-house receivers are one of the primary reasons the company went bankrupt.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Does "NDS" appear anywhere in the engraving?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top