Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 7:41:48 PM EDT
I basically know leather, Chinese, not Chinese.

I have a bunch laying around, and AKs that need slings.

Main issue with many is that when slung I cannot shoulder the weapon,
any longer options?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It all depends on how you run your sling. AK's weren't designed with the whole 'tactical' mentality that's popular today.  In order to shoulder, most Russians simply adjust enough length on their sling and run the sling around the back of their neck.  If you practice a little, this will actually work.  Fortunately for us Americans/non-conscripted soldiers, we have aftermarket options available to us.  

There are a ton of aftermarkets available out there.  An interesting one to just hit the market is one Blue Force Gear just put out designed specifically for AK rapid deployment.  They designed it with Larry Vickers and, regardless of whether or not you're a fan, seems pretty useful.  I've got one but I've never run it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
l like original commie AKs slings, but I think of them mainly as carry straps.  If you have some you are trying to identify post pictures of them and we'll help you.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top