Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:54:32 PM EDT
I've been writing for Guns.com for a few months, and finally got the chance to do an AK related article.

I'm just getting started, but as my regular job just got axed, this is probably going to be our lifeline until I can find gainful employment elsewhere.

http://www.guns.com/review/2014/10/24/six-must-have-accessories-for-ak-fans/
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good article.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Great article, I really like the potato chip analogy at the end, it's so true!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice .... Thanks for your time.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can go with this opportunity.

This is really the first time in my writing career that I've had the freedom to write about the stuff I like, so it doesn't feel like a regular job to me.

Once I find a place to shoot, I'll really be in business.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear about your job.  If you need work come to Midland, with the oil boom they have 2nd lowest unemployment in the country.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Enjoyed the article, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
well written and to the point. I enjoyed it
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Good Article!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Good article indeed, and you get bonus points for calling it an AKM and not an AK-47.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Good article, even had humor in it (magpul AK mag photo next to the good magazines headline).  In all seriousness nice article.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Good article, thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Nicely done
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I like it, though I would say it applies to any rifle one owns, not just AKs
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Good work.

Good luck going forward.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I dunno seemed pretty generic to me. Looks like one of the thousands of "fake" landing pages hoping for an ad click. A basic article with almost no valuable content.

Nothing personal, just being honest. Counted 17 links to other articles/pages on that page.  Purpose seems clear.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno seemed pretty generic to me. Looks like one of the thousands of "fake" landing pages hoping for an ad click. A basic article with almost no valuable content.

Nothing personal, just being honest. Counted 17 links to other articles/pages on that page.  Purpose seems clear.
View Quote

Everybody gotta start somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Removed, this is not GD. dryflash3

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Nicely  done! Keep up the good work, I'm digging that simplistic chest rig btw.

Rog
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, not trying to bash OP in any way. He asked and just giving my honest opinion.

But, any time I land on an AK page I'm happy ads or not, so keep it up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Good read..nice job! Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed, not trying to bash OP in any way. He asked and just giving my honest opinion.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care for the ads and clickity content on the site, myself, but they're running the website, not me. This, coupled with the fact that their rates are pretty good for articles and photos, allows me to let my small concerns slide in favor of working toward a regular full-time position with them.

The articles themselves aren't supposed to be great revelations in the world of guns, anyway - they're editorials, for the most part, just one person's opinions, right or wrong, about the things he likes. This is the first time I've had the kind of autonomy that allowed me to write about the stuff I am most passionate about, and I hope to grow as a writer and expand my footprint in time.

The value of the content varies according to the reader. To a seasoned enthusiast, my articles may seem more than a little basic and uninteresting, but new shooters seem to like them, so it's not all bad. In fact, if just one of my little write-ups draws the interest of a novice enough to get him/her out to a shop or range, then I consider it time well spent.

As this is my now my primary income source, I have a lot of work to do, but if it means I get to do a job I actually enjoy, then it's totally worth it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#24]
well done !!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Congrats. Enjoyable read.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top