Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 12:02:42 PM EDT
What's the market like for RPK-74 parts? Are there any kits available right now? Where would I find one?

What about barrels and receivers? Anyone selling/making them?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You missed that boat by a couple years.

Best bet is the EE on multiple boards.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Best bet is the EE on multiple boards.
View Quote

That's what I figured...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Any time they pop up for sale they are stupid expensive. $2000+

Best option was a barrel from Kvar then have it installed in a square back 5.45 vepr. But now VEPRs are hard to come by.

NDS stopped making the receivers once the kits dried up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Does Arsenal (Bulgaria) still make RPK-74s? Any chance we'd ever see any here (via Arsenal USA)?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Gonna have to pay to play man. I built one up not too long ago from a vepr, but it was perfect storm for everything. Found an old Bulgarian RPK74 barrel with all parts on gb. Cost me about $700. $400 for the RPK74m furniture kit. Then then build cost. In the end I got out a lot cheaper than buying one already done, but like I said, it was a perfect storm. The stars, moon and planets all aligned perfectly for me and I found everything I needed within a week.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Gonna have to pay to play man. I built one up not too long ago from a vepr, but it was perfect storm for everything. Found an old Bulgarian RPK74 barrel with all parts on gb. Cost me about $700. $400 for the RPK74m furniture kit. Then then build cost. In the end I got out a lot cheaper than buying one already done, but like I said, it was a perfect storm. The stars, moon and planets all aligned perfectly for me and I found everything I needed within a week.  
View Quote

Good stuff. I should have picked one up when they were more readily available.

I guess the next best thing would be a Vepr RPK in 5.56 - I found someone selling one brand new for $1,700 - yay or nay on that price for brand new Vepr RPK in 5.56?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are actually really nice. And if you wanted to spend the $, kvar sells the stripped RPK74 barrels, or did last time I looked.

ETA: you could convert one to 5.45 was my final thought on that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess the next best thing would be a Vepr RPK in 5.56 - I found someone selling one brand new for $1,700 - yay or nay on that price for brand new Vepr RPK in 5.56?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those were about $900 before the sanctions came along. I wouldn't pay $1700 but it all depends how bad you want it.

You could buy the barrel from kvar and an AK74 milled receiver from CNC warrior. Wouldn't be a proper stamped RPK but it would be just as fun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Those were about $900 before the sanctions came along. I wouldn't pay $1700 but it all depends how bad you want it.

You could buy the barrel from kvar and an AK74 milled receiver from CNC warrior. Wouldn't be a proper stamped RPK but it would be just as fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance Arsenal of Bulgaria will produce any new RPK-74s to be imported into the country?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Your guess is as good as mine. I doubt it will ever happen.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kvar has been sold out for a while

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhhh that sucks. I looked fairly recently and they still had them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ahhhh that sucks. I looked fairly recently and they still had them.
View Quote
yup, me too, well last couple months or so. Too bad.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I missed too many boats before, so I made sure to get on the boat when Ohio Rapid Fire was blowing them out on theAKforum back around '08 or '09.    Then found a NDS-8 from a private seller there, the correct scope rail from pro-collector "Tantal", and few compliance parts for the builder.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top