Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 11:50:32 PM EDT
Just thought I would share - this video has a shit ton of footage of AK-74s and AKMs in action.

Graphic Warning (brief footage (15 seconds) of dead combatants at one part):

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just thought I would share - this video has a shit ton of footage of AK-74s and AKMs in action.

View Quote

Saw this not long ago. Good action

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/rP2OTbGBppo

View Quote

Here is a link to a huge infographic about the battle:
Cyborgs of Donetsk
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Love it
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You could hear all their loose ammo in the beginning of the vid.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Git some!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Just want to point out that in the video # 1:41, the young guy running's AK-74 looks to have a 45 degree gas block! could be the video or I'm having a hard time seeing it but it looks like that
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]
could be one of those transitional ones they used.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting sling setup on Grandpa Motorcycle Helmets rifle(leather on the stock wrist) ETA: watched it again, it's a bandage and tourniquet on a fixed stock.

Interesting mix of 47/74s.

So, are these guys VDV?  I saw some Navy Jacks and striped shirts.  What's with the bandages tied around the arms and knees?

I heard all the loose ammo they were carrying.  Seems like they did a lot of shooting for the camera or the Russians really do suck at combat.

ETA:  I still think they are VDV masquerading as "Separatist".  That flag(DPR) looks too much like the Soviet Navy Ensign and some of the awards they are wearing are Russian Army.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here is a link to a huge infographic about the battle:

Cyborgs of Donetsk
View Quote

Excellent resource, thank you.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So, are these guys VDV?  I saw some Navy Jacks and striped shirts.  What's with the bandages tied around the arms and knees?

I heard all the loose ammo they were carrying.  Seems like they did a lot of shooting for the camera or the Russians really do suck at combat.

View Quote

DPR, I gathered. The "bandages" I believe are colors denoting who they're with, like the red and gold ribbons.

That first "fire fight".....I'm not sure even they know what they were shooting at. What a waste of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

DPR, I gathered. The "bandages" I believe are colors denoting who they're with, like the red and gold ribbons.

That first "fire fight".....I'm not sure even they know what they were shooting at. What a waste of ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what it looks like to me. Reminds me of playing paintball way back.
No real standard or distinguishable uniforms, so they use arm bands to avoid friendly fire.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#12]
With how these buttclowns are fighting I'm guessing any casualties the Ukranian Army is taking at the airport are from heavy weapons like mortars
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#13]
My favorite dude is the idiot with the aviators and cigarette dangling from his mouth launching grenades from his AK-74 - then yelling "gotcha!" whenever the grenade impacts.

These guys lose their shit whenever an RPG or grenade impacts something - and by "something," I mean nothing (vacant buildings and piles of rubble).
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting sling setup on Grandpa Motorcycle Helmets rifle(leather on the stock wrist) and mix of 47/74s.

View Quote

My understanding is that these guys were pro Russian rebels not Russian regulars.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My understanding is that these guys were pro Russian rebels not Russian regulars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting sling setup on Grandpa Motorcycle Helmets rifle(leather on the stock wrist) and mix of 47/74s.

I'm not a conspiracy theorists but I still think some of those guys are VDV.  There is a guy near the end before they show the "Elephant" Tank who is wearing a striped vest and Navy style epaulets(that's what it looks like to me anyway).  Didn't Vice confirm there were Paratroopers on the ground near there a couple months ago?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Good share!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm not a conspiracy theorists but I still think some of those guys are VDV.  There is a guy near the end before they show the "Elephant" Tank who is wearing a striped vest and Navy style epaulets(that's what it looks like to me anyway).  Didn't Vice confirm there were Paratroopers on the ground near there a couple months ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way any of these clowns are VDV. Even if there were VDV there, I highly doubt they'd be wearing anything denoting that they are...

Just because dudes are wearing Russian military attire does not make them so. The Russians are no doubt giving them this equipment to use against the Ukrainian government though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Mech I see what you are saying I am stunned by the lack of training and professionalism though if any of these guys are Russian military.

Still a cool video though.

I also just assumed they were dressed in surplus Russian stuff. Last time I was in the uk the local surplus stuff I pop into was literally stuff with recent Russian stuff (camo clothing etc no helmets, vests etc sadly)
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Lots of hot barreled action there.

Love the POV camera views, especially the PKM
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just want to point out that in the video # 1:41, the young guy running's AK-74 looks to have a 45 degree gas block! could be the video or I'm having a hard time seeing it but it looks like that
View Quote

No, looks 90 to me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#21]
What a bunch of clowns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm surprised that a lot of the guys are using semi-auto rifles.  With their spray and pray techniques, if they had full-tilt boogie they would be using it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#23]
You haven't seen clowns until you've seen these guys; definitely NOT Russian military:
Pro Russian Separatists AGS 30 "prank"
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#24]
These dipshits remind me of scenes from the old show, "Combat."  All bunched up and shooting the crap out of nothing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You haven't seen clowns until you've seen these guys; definitely NOT Russian military:
Pro Russian Separatists AGS 30 "prank"
View Quote

Love the way the guy running that thing has medals pinned all over his BDU's
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mech I see what you are saying I am stunned by the lack of training and professionalism though if any of these guys are Russian military.

Still a cool video though.

I also just assumed they were dressed in surplus Russian stuff. Last time I was in the uk the local surplus stuff I pop into was literally stuff with recent Russian stuff (camo clothing etc no helmets, vests etc sadly)
View Quote

Yeah.  Maybe everything I learned about the Russian Military in GD really was true.  I don't think so but there is absolutely no doubt that these fucking assclowns are being equipped by the Russians.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#27]
8:20

You have to look down the barrel to load a grenade?

What the hell do you do if you are prone?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Cool video, thanks for sharing.  I guess that's what a bunch of derps find an awesome Russian weapon cache. The video author had more too.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top