Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would rather have an adjustable LOP than the ability to fold.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Silly me, I guess I am more concerned with getting effective hits than stashing it behind the seat of my truck a bit more easily.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would rather have an adjustable LOP than the ability to fold.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132853/3056046-1032158278-51664.jpg

Silly me, I guess I am more concerned with getting effective hits than stashing it behind the seat of my truck a bit more easily.

You're both wrong! Camo racing stripes are where it's at.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If and when I buy a Galil ACE, I want one with the old stock, not some collapsing piece of bullshit that belongs on an AR. I am thoroughly convinced that if the AR-15 was not direct impingement, or worked in a way that does not have the bolt carrier travel into a buffer tube, then collapsible stocks wouldn't even exist.

Shit, the only reason why my AR has a collapsible stock to begin with is because I can't put a folding stock on it. I even use it like it was originally intended, fully collapsed for storage, and fully extended for use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry to be that guy but I realy wish we would see a classic galil again at some point

If and when I buy a Galil ACE, I want one with the old stock, not some collapsing piece of bullshit that belongs on an AR. I am thoroughly convinced that if the AR-15 was not direct impingement, or worked in a way that does not have the bolt carrier travel into a buffer tube, then collapsible stocks wouldn't even exist.

Shit, the only reason why my AR has a collapsible stock to begin with is because I can't put a folding stock on it. I even use it like it was originally intended, fully collapsed for storage, and fully extended for use.

I adjust the collapsible AR stock every time I go from standing to prone or prone to standing.  I love collapsible stocks. I love collapsible folding stocks even more.  I also am the type of guy who will use a fancy tool like a hammer to drive nails instead of a rock
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeez, Sig, get it together.

I own plenty of their stuff, I want to like their stuff, but I always feel like I'm rolling the dice when I buy something of theirs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish they would import some quality Galils. Not the stuff from a few years back. A nice micro Galil pistol I could sbr would be great.

I'll hold my breath.

Don't really care for the look of these and I'm sure the price won't be appealing either.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#7]
i would not pay more than $1000. An slr-107fr weighs less and does the same thing, hell a wasr does the same thing, other than the cool factor these are overated in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i would not pay more than $1000. An slr-107fr weighs less and does the same thing, hell a wasr does the same thing, other than the cool factor these are overated in my opinion.
View Quote

If your metric of "Launches 7.62x39 out of a surplus AK magazine" is what you are using, then yes, it does the same thing.

If your metric is "Won't shake itself apart because it isn't a stamped piece of shit held together by a press fit and rivets." then no, it isn't the same.

I think I'm just going to put an ACE folding stock on my Saiga 7.62 and call it good, and wait for the 5.56 version of the ACE that takes AR magazines.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If your metric of "Launches 7.62x39 out of a surplus AK magazine" is what you are using, then yes, it does the same thing.

If your metric is "Won't shake itself apart because it isn't a stamped piece of shit held together by a press fit and rivets." then no, it isn't the same.

I think I'm just going to put an ACE folding stock on my Saiga 7.62 and call it good, and wait for the 5.56 version of the ACE that takes AR magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh....never heard of anyone having that problem.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Double
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I really don't have a problem with the price of the Galil Ace if it ends up closer to $1600 like the Tavors did. Yeah, it would be even more attractive if it was less but it's not a deal breaker. Heck, I paid $1150 for my IMI Galil 25 years ago and had to pony up for Galil mags also.  What I would have a problem with is the butt ugly short handguard that makes no sense at all in it's design. Like someone else mentioned it looks 1/2 finished. But more importantly it limits the user to only one confined style of holding the rifle. It makes no sense. This, in addition to the lame CAA looking grip that you're stuck with. These might end up being the deal breakers for me. It's bizarre they even thought that was a good idea. Accuracy was about what I expected.

Regarding Tim's luck with Sig rifles, it never crossed my mind that he had an axe to grind with Sig. I simply thought here's a man that has the same luck I do. I'm glad he shared that experience with us. It saved a lot of people from having to deal with the headache of getting stuck with a turd rifle that didn't come close to living up to the hype that Sig pedaled in their pseudo tier 1 operator video. It does suck that he had to deal with it though. He was fortunate to have got it from Atlantic. They have stellar service.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd like one but i'm going to agree with Predator here, $1500-$1600 I might be in (the handguard bugs me too), but that's just to pick one up for the collection. More importantly the real reason I want to pick one up is some IWI will bring some more of their products over here.

Then again if I hadn't had some recent stuff happen I might have just picked one up in Q1 and torture tested it, I don't know why I have a hankering to see what that poly lower can stand up to...hmmm urgh my wallets going to hate me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If all you want is a highly functional rifle at minimal cost, the Arsenal or VEPR would be the way to go. The Galil Ace will appeal to collectors and people with a bit more disposable income that like the more unique things on the market.

With that being said, the Ace is superbly built and suffers from none of the minor blemishes we've come to accept on Saiga's or even Arsenals. It's a finely made tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what does this ACE Galil offer that an Arsenal or a Vepr wouldn't?   From the M.A.C video, the galil isn't any better inaccuracy. I will wait for the CMMG MK47. Got very good reviews on MrGunsandgear.
If all you want is a highly functional rifle at minimal cost, the Arsenal or VEPR would be the way to go. The Galil Ace will appeal to collectors and people with a bit more disposable income that like the more unique things on the market.

With that being said, the Ace is superbly built and suffers from none of the minor blemishes we've come to accept on Saiga's or even Arsenals. It's a finely made tool.

It is better out of the box. Better safety, charging handle, rails/handgaurd and whatnot. Yeah, you can improve those on an AK and make it more functional, but they are rather hack job like. The ACE incorporates these features into the rifle. My question to MAC is can you hit the mag release on the ACE with your finger? And how about with the original Galil? It would be nice if you can press the latch forward and have the mag fall out AR style.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the pistol grip and lower all one piece or can the grip be removed? I'm not liking the looks of the grip and wondering if aftermarket grips will be made after the rifle's release. Also the butt stocks. Can they be interchanged if others are made?

It is a nice rifle and I am very impressed with IWI's quality on my Tavor. I would expect nothing less in the ACE.

Thank you MAC for sharing and tolerating our questions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Is the pistol grip and lower all one piece or can the grip be removed? I'm not liking the looks of the grip and wondering if aftermarket grips will be made after the rifle's release. Also the butt stocks. Can they be interchanged if others are made?

It is a nice rifle and I am very impressed with IWI's quality on my Tavor. I would expect nothing less in the ACE.

Thank you MAC for sharing and tolerating our questions.
View Quote
grip is part of the over molded plastic.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is better out of the box. Better safety, charging handle, rails/handgaurd and whatnot. Yeah, you can improve those on an AK and make it more functional, but they are rather hack job like. The ACE incorporates these features into the rifle. My question to MAC is can you hit the mag release on the ACE with your finger? And how about with the original Galil? It would be nice if you can press the latch forward and have the mag fall out AR style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what does this ACE Galil offer that an Arsenal or a Vepr wouldn't?   From the M.A.C video, the galil isn't any better inaccuracy. I will wait for the CMMG MK47. Got very good reviews on MrGunsandgear.

Kind of subjective on the "better" parts but even given those points... the Galil isnt any more accurate ( in fact with the same ammo that MAC used my Vepr is more accurate) and the improvements arent worth twice the price. This of course is just my opinion, I recognize that to some people the Galil would be a bargain at even $2k.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure if this has been covered yet, but what parts commonality will these have with the old model galils?  Same bolts?  FCG?  And will spare parts be offered to the public?  I need a new galil 5.56 bolt.

I too wish they would offer the old school model to the market as well.  Original versions sell for WAY more than these are coming to market at.   Not talking about kit builds, original Israeli imported factory rifles.  They sell for stupid money.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Did Mac say in the video the ACE shot a 7 inch group at a 100 meters?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thats neat, wonder how much they are?
View Quote

Likely over $1400 for a real Galil. Kind of excited about these though. Just wish it didn't have a proprietary AR style stock.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top