Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/15/2014 5:53:41 AM EDT
I bought one of these when they first came out. The gun has been flawless since I purchased it. I haven't had any complaints although I know many did with rifles not received, and functional and quality issues. I also have read the company went belly up and the owner's name now lives in infamy.

I'm looking for more information about the rifle from a technical and quality perspective. It is build on an ND-3 receiver which I understand is a decent receiver but one of the cheaper ones made by NoDAK. I believe the rest of the rifle is built from Romanian parts or at least the original marking, I've been told, indicate that. The wood is refinished and came that way with the rifle, it's not a new stock. The stock color is red. I bought it new and don't recall what I paid for it. At the time the company was new and supposedly a good AK, or so I was told at the time. I've seen a few for sale and AKs seem to be fetching a much higher price than they used to.

Any information would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that looks exactly like that but with the original blonde furniture.  Don't have much info on it other than it goes bang every time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an earlier Lancaster converted Saiga. I've never shot it so I can't attest to the reliability. Been told their early stuff is good to go, but they got "sketchy" toward the end.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a Lancaster 7.62x39 rifle. Basically, it fucking sucked. The ejector blade was too short, so there was a lot of play in the bolt wobbling back and forth when it passed by the ejector. End state, sometimes the brass being extracted would only hit the very tip of the ejector, not get enough energy for a full ejection, bounce off of the inside of the dust cover and back into the action.

Now with any new AK I buy, I always pull off the dust cover and recoil spring, and pull the bolt carrier back to the point where the bolt is aligned with the ejector blade and check to see if there's any play.

Edit: to add some clarification, I got mine in early 2009.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one that looks exactly like that but with the original blonde furniture.  Don't have much info on it other than it goes bang every time.
View Quote

I have a blonde stocked Lancaster also.  When I got mine the company had a good reputation.  No problems what so ever with the rifle.  From the markings on mine it's a Romanian wasr.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an early Lancaster G kit with romy barrel.   Thousands of rounds, one failure when the rim of the case was ripped off so it didn't eject (herters).  I love it. Tough as nails and likes grease.  They got into problems with full 5.45 builds because, from what I understand, the barrels were out of spec and were overgassed, but hell, I don't know. Company apparently went to shit.  Of course I read all of that after I bought my rifle second hand so while I have a great gun, it has that name on it.  I don't care. I never sell guns.  I'll keep it forever and will shoot it as often as possible.  Hope you enjoy yours as much.  Think of it this way; I was trained on the A2 by the Marines so I was conditioned against the AK.  My Lancaster Romy changed all that.  If it was shit, I'd be behind my AR thinking we were right all along.  Great rifle. I love her!
My G kit is an electro penciled model.  All parts are number 2 matched.  There's a great romy page that I found linked from this site's romy folder and you can get a lot of info there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a Lancaster Arms Romy AKM I purchased circa 2005.  It was sweet and very well built.  I read, off various sites, that the quality went down considerably, but I don't have any experience with the variants built after '09.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The milled underfolder on the bottom is a Lancaster. in 5.45. I bought it in 07 or so when they still had a solid reputation.  I haven't had any issues with it.

I put the butt pad on there not for recoil, but to add an inch or so for LOP.  It still folds with it.  It also came with a cleaning rod (no shown in this pic)

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same Lancaster as dwsmithjr.  I bought is about 2005 or so.   I've never had a problem with the gun.  This gun has never been run hard, as in an AK class,  but one day I'm going to put it thru one.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top