Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2014 11:15:30 PM EDT
I've had an unissued Bulgarian Krink parts kit for years and had initially thought of doing this to one of my two 104UR rifle when they first hit the market last December.  What prompted me to consider doing this is hearing about potential accuracy problems due to the rate of twist differences in the two.  But it seems that no one is having issues with accuracy with cut down barrels now that some have been cut down.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           So, if you had an unissued Krink parts kit, would you make the barrel change or just sell the kit?  My Nodak receiver could always be used to make that East German MPi-AKS-74NK I've always wanted......but that's a completely different thread!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, just cut it down. Build the Bulgarian kit with the correct barrel, or sell the kit to fund the EG build.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, just cut it down. Build the Bulgarian kit with the correct barrel, or sell the kit to fund the EG build.
View Quote

This, no need to replace the barrel when everyone has reported them shooting great once cut.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a cut down barrel on a Tula kit build. It works fine, no issues with keyholing using military surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't had a chance to see if there were any relies since last week about this idea so thanks for the responses.  I was leaning that way since the reports of accuracy have been OK with cut down barrels.  Plus, selling the unissued kit with original matching barrel will mean more $ to fund other projects (like the MPi-AKS-74NK).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top