Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 1:32:13 AM EDT
So, I'm going to order a TGI AK-74 from JG Sales, and I was wondering at what distances do some folks BZO their rifle at?

Isn't the traditional way to zero an AK-74 to set your rear sight at '1', establish POA/POI at 100m, then slide it back to the battle sight position, and you're set for 400m or somewhere around there?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I just set my sight to 300m/battle sight and zero'd at 25m, same principle as the US Army M16/M4 zero.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Tx-Zen explains the traditional 400m zero here. I imagine most people would probably just set it to 1 and get their 100 meter zero tuned in though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The way a lot of people do it is to set up a target at 25 meters, set the rear sight on the "1" (100 meters) setting and sight in point of aim-point of impact.
This makes it easy to get on the paper without having hits off the target at 100 meters.

Then without moving the sight, sight in at 100 meters to insure you're hitting the target center.

Once set, you can shoot at any range by moving the sight to that distance, OR set the rear sight on the battle sight setting, which is the upside down "U" position and be able to hit a man at any range out to 400 meters.

The advantage here is that the marks on the sight are valid for different ranges but you still have a battle sight setting that doesn't require changing the sight.

Remember, the sight is in meters, and you need as close as you can get to a true 25 meter and 100 meter range.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The way a lot of people do it is to set up a target at 25 meters, set the rear sight on the "1" (100 meters) setting and sight in point of aim-point of impact.
This makes it easy to get on the paper without having hits off the target at 100 meters.

Then without moving the sight, sight in at 100 meters to insure you're hitting the target center.

Once set, you can shoot at any range by moving the sight to that distance, OR set the rear sight on the battle sight setting, which is the upside down "U" position and be able to hit a man at any range out to 400 meters.

The advantage here is that the marks on the sight are valid for different ranges but you still have a battle sight setting that doesn't require changing the sight.

Remember, the sight is in meters, and you need as close as you can get to a true 25 meter and 100 meter range.
View Quote

25m/27yds
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

25m/27yds
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

25m/27yds

'1' at 25m, then set at topsy turvy 'U' for 400m battle sight. Cool. Just made this a whole lot simpler for me, thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top