User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2014 9:00:41 PM EDT
Okay!

So I ordered a Yugo Zastava N-PAP underfolder from Atlantic Firearms on Monday. It came to my FFL today and I picked it up!

My first impressions with this rifle are VERY GOOD. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

P.S: In the following days/weeks I'm going to be (tastefully) tacking this thing out. So I'll make sure and post pictures as the rifle progresses.

Between images, I will comment if I feel necessary:)

ENJOY!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]

adult image

image sharing
The below image makes the sight look silver.. It is! Never seen that before but it looks SWEET

picture uploading

host images

image ru

upload jpg

windows screen capture

free screenshot software

host image online

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me know if y'all have any questions! I'd be happy to answer whatever
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks Pretty Good !
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What is the difference between an N-PAP and a Century International M70AB2?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I added one to my collection as well, very nice pics of the ol girl!.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a whole lot my man! The AB2 has grenade sights where this N-PAP doesn't.. HOWEVER, this is a Zastava Factory AK (located in Serbia) so the fit and finish of this rifle is a tad better than the Century arms mix match rifles. Don't quote me but from my understanding, Zastava factory rifles are really good guns. Be weary buying a century rifle without getting your hands on it and checking it out...

A few years ago I got the all black Century m70AB2 and i had failure to feed issues LEFT AND RIGHT.. Mags just wouldn't sit right in that thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I added one to my collection as well, very nice pics of the ol girl!.
View Quote

Thanks man!! Much more coming soon!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks great, great job with the pics
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks great, great job with the pics
View Quote

Thanks man! Makes me wish I still had my Canon camera! Haha dang iPhones do the job though
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one on layaway, also from atlantic.  Looks like i need a bayo lug gas block
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Npap was built at the zastava factory, has a non-chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel, and amazing finish. The Century M70AB2, is assembled here from a parts kit that may or may not be matching, has a chrome lined barrel but isn't cold hammer forged, and it's just parkarized.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Very Nice Rifle!  I had to have the Zastava Under Folder after getting the O-pap.  It is a very high quality rifle for a low end price and a best buy in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]
The m70 is heavy as hell.
mines been a machine

I bet the npap uf is lighter
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very Nice Rifle!  I had to have the Zastava Under Folder after getting the O-pap.  It is a very high quality rifle for a low end price and a best buy in my opinion.
View Quote

Yea man she's a beauty! I can't wait to put some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The m70 is heavy as hell.
mines been a machine
http://i60.tinypic.com/33tklqb.jpg
I bet the npap uf is lighter
View Quote

Yea man that's exactly what mine looked like! I must've gotten a bad bug!! Haha. Nice looking rifles though!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice rifle!

How do the magazines fit, is there any wobble?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nice rifle!

How do the magazines fit, is there any wobble?
View Quote

There's a little wobble! No more than any other AK out there. As long as it goes bang every time, It can wobble all it wants :)
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Now there's a man who knows how to take some pictures!

Thanks for the review, an NPAP underfolder is the next AK on my list.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now there's a man who knows how to take some pictures!

Thanks for the review, an NPAP underfolder is the next AK on my list.
View Quote

Hah hey thanks dude!! I can't wait to post some sweet pics of all the stuff I've ordered for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not a whole lot my man! The AB2 has grenade sights where this N-PAP doesn't.. HOWEVER, this is a Zastava Factory AK (located in Serbia) so the fit and finish of this rifle is a tad better than the Century arms mix match rifles.
View Quote

There may be a few other differences between an AB2 and N-PAP UF.

Aside from the gas valve adjustment for grenades, earlier Century AB2's had a 1.5mm receiver with bulged trunnion.  Most AB2's had new American, non chrome-lined barrels.  Of historical interest, these earlier AB2's had some different markings on the parts as well, including having the word "Yugoslavia" stamped on the trunnion.

The Century AB2's generally had very good fit and finish; especially those made prior to around 2007.  After that date Century moved to a standard 1.0mm receiver, started using cheap-looking black plastic handguards instead of the nice wood from earlier models, and started using kits that had some of the markings scrubbed.

These new N-PAP underfolders do look nice though, and your pictures are great.  Thx.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Aside from the gas valve adjustment for grenades, earlier Century AB2's had a 1.5mm receiver with bulged trunnion.  Most AB2's had new American, non chrome-lined barrels.  Of historical interest, these earlier AB2's had some different markings on the parts as well, including having the word "Yugoslavia" stamped on the trunnion.

The Century AB2's generally had very good fit and finish; especially those made prior to around 2007.  After that date Century moved to a standard 1.0mm receiver, started using cheap-looking black plastic handguards instead of the nice wood from earlier models, and started using kits that had some of the markings scrubbed.

These new N-PAP underfolders do look nice though, and your pictures are great.  Thx.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a whole lot my man! The AB2 has grenade sights where this N-PAP doesn't.. HOWEVER, this is a Zastava Factory AK (located in Serbia) so the fit and finish of this rifle is a tad better than the Century arms mix match rifles.

Very informative information! Thanks for sharing that!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Completely irrelevant BUT does anyone know the deal with ordering through MagPul? I placed an order about a week ago and have yet to receive any shipping information.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Waiting for parts to come in so I decided I'd strip it down. First time to fully disassemble an AK... My fingers hurt but

THIS THING WAS SNUG.

print screen windows 7

I'll upload more pictures as I get parts put on! Enjoy! :)
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Got the Midwest Industries Rail, Magpul AFG, P-Mag, and Magpul since the last post. Here are some pics.

image hosting site over 5mb

image upload free

uploading images

screen capture

image upload

windows print screen

photo hosting
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#29]
nice rifle !! I turned my N-PAP DF into an M70 AB1 ....
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Niceeeee. Thanks man. I've got a bunch more stuff coming for it. I'll post more pics as Fedex and UPS bring em
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Great looking rifle and thanks for all the pics.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks man! You're welcome! More coming soon!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Wrapped the stock with paracord and installed the troy industries rail covers

jpg images

post a picture

picture uploader

free pic

I'm liking the set-up so far. Still waiting on InForce 6VX Light and Haley Strategic  light mount.. Oh and Spikes Dynacomp Muzzle Break.. And Echo93 one point attachment and sling.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Got the Hogue Grip as well as the Echo sling adapter and one point sling. Tied some paracord around the Mags for a comfort feel for when I use the mags as a vertical grip.

I'm VERY impressed with the Echo93 products so far... Very well built
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Gorgeous. Id hit it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Hell yea! You got the elusive E93 Afghan patch! The company President had those made in Mazar e Sharif on his last deployment there. Pretty Unique

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Put in some range time on Sunday afternoon. Got the iron sights pretty dialed down. I was having no trouble hitting 2Liter bottles out to 100-150 yards in 3 shots. Perfectly accurate for what it is.

I put about 200 rounds through it with a Tapco, Bulg Suprlus, and MagPul MOE Mag with zero issues. Fed like a dream.

More upgrades/pictures coming by the end of next week.

screenshot tool

So far I'm completely impressed and kinda of shocked at how well this Zastava N-Pap has performed. After dumping 200 rds in an hour or so, nothing has come loose.

I DID have to adjust the front sight windage just a tad to bring my group in an inch or two. Used Red Army ammo. Pretty damn dirty on the gas tube!! How do y'all recommend cleaning the gas tube without having to unscrew the Midwest Industries rail??.. I've got it all Loctited down and don't wanna have to do that again.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Used a razor blade to cut the text out of Blue Painters Tape. Used 3 layers. It says "Infidel" in Arabic. I like how it turned out!

upload jpg

upload image online

free upload

I think it looks pretty cool when it catches the light right and adds some life to the boring azz lookin' dust cover.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
...nothing has come loose.
View Quote

That's both the blessing and the curse of the NPAPs - the damn things are tighter than a duck's anus!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Have a Haley Strategic SBR mount and a Inforce 6vx coming in the mail... Gonna put a Spikes Dynacomp on it next...

I'm trying to figure out what optic to go with now!! I'm torn between an EoTech Zombie Stopper, Aimpoint Micro H-1, or a Trijicon LED RMR.. The main goal is going to be faster target acquisition taking shots no more than 200 yards (at the absolute MAX) Any suggestions! Here she stands as of today.

image free hosting

screen capture tool

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, here she is. I'm done until I can get some cash for an Aimpoint, EOTech, or Trijicon RMR.

Parts/Accessories -

Magpul P-Mag
Original Magpul
Magpul AFG 1
Echo93 Single Point Sling adapter
Echo93 Sling
Hogue Grip
Midwest Industries Yugo Rail
Troy Industries Rail Covers
Haley Strategic SBR Light Mount
InForce 6VX
Spikes Tactical "Dynacomp" Muzzle
Recoil Spring Buffer

Did some custom work on the stock with Paracord. Also did custom work on the dust cover.

adult photo hosting

imgurl

posted image

20mb image hosting

photo host

image hosting over 5mb

image hosting sites

post img

screen capture tool

image upload no limit

screenshot program

image ru
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#42]
looks like a good rig
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks dude. I'm lovin' it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I like those Troy rail covers too. I have a set on an AR and to be honest am impressed with them over my KAC ones.

I'll be honest and say I didn't read the thread at all. Planning on doing a red dot?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeaaaa. Can't decide between an Aimpoint H1, EOTech, or a Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Aimpoint would be my recommendation. Sweet stick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Aimpoint or RMR.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#48]
How do you like the Dynacomp muzzle brake?  Noticeable change in recoil or muzzle rise?  I've considered getting one of those for my M70AB2.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#49]
It keeps the barrel from jumping so much. You can make quick and accurate follow up shots with it. I'd buy it again
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I cracked up at the Read Owners Manual Before Use engraving. I can just imagine how the manual should read:

1. Load gun
2. Aim gun at barn
3. Kill all enemy surrounding barn

I was so motivated by your picture heavy thread that I just ordered my own, at significantly higher cost than you paid I'm sure.   I've always wanted an underfolder though and just never could bite the bullet. Now I need to order a bunch of mags and ammo.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top