Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2014 2:31:55 PM EDT
I picked this up for what I would consider a very good price, but I'm looking for a bit more info about it.  All I could gather is that the AA's were the first Yugo's brought in before the Mitchell's.

It's marked "Model AK, Cal 7.62x39"  and "ZCZ American Arms Inc. ZCZ N.K.C - MO", along with the Zastava markings on the other side.  Serial number is 7xx

It's in much better condition than my terrible iphone pictures make it look, it is all original except for a missing rear sight and no original mags, wood looks perfect.

Can anyone else share some more info about this?

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You pretty much hit it on the head.  Preban, earlier than Mitchell imports.  Great rifle.  What did you pay if you don;t mind telling?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It was 650 bucks, with 5 mags, a case, about 280 rounds, and a tws dogleg rail (that was promptly removed and listed for sale).

I think I did pretty well for myself
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was 650 bucks, with 5 mags, a case, about 280 rounds, and a tws dogleg rail (that was promptly removed and listed for sale).

View Quote

Deal of the century, you stole that thing.  Good job.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you did too!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great deal!  Probably worth $1500-2000.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol, thanks guys

Anyone know where I can source the correct rear sight for it?

Also what type of fcg pin retainer are these supposed to have?  The guy had put a G2 in it with one of those weird tapco things, but had all the original parts minus whatever type of retainer it had.  I'd like to get it all back to original, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to this type of thing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Apex sells the rear sight block with leaf.   I found a few new ones on Gun Broker a few years ago.  I sold one of the extras a few months ago.   Does yours have the flip up night sight on the front sight base?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol, thanks guys

Anyone know where I can source the correct rear sight for it?

Also what type of fcg pin retainer are these supposed to have?  The guy had put a G2 in it with one of those weird tapco things, but had all the original parts minus whatever type of retainer it had.  I'd like to get it all back to original, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to this type of thing.
View Quote

It will use a wire shepards hook pin retainer.  Try GB for  a rear sight. The gun would have come brand new with just one mag and thats it. You should be ashamed for "stealing" that rifle for that price. It should have the nite sites btw and they tend to bring more to a collector than its Mitchell counterpart just due to rarity. The guns however are identical except for the markings...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Deal of the century
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Did the seller call cops after they figured out you stole it
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Apex sells the rear sight block with leaf.   I found a few new ones on Gun Broker a few years ago.  I sold one of the extras a few months ago.   Does yours have the flip up night sight on the front sight base?
View Quote

Yes, it has the front flip up night sight, so I'll have to locate a matching rear one.  I'll probably just get one of the rear sight blocks from apex.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You pretty much hit it on the head.  Preban, earlier than Mitchell imports.  
View Quote

Wow.  I never knew anything came in before the Mitchell guns.  A true collector's item there.  Very rare.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did the seller call cops after they figured out you stole it
View Quote
There are plenty of people who bought guns years ago who let them sit in a closet who have never heard of a gun ban who are grateful to sell the gun for the same price they paid. They assume prices drop like the last car, TV, or computer they purchased. Not a year ago a guy sold me 2 Bulgy SA93's for $250 each. He was pleased as punch to own the guns for 20 years, & get the same price he paid for them.  GARY
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#15]
But he didn't get the same price as today's dollar buys a lot less. Ignorance is bliss...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top