Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2014 1:34:26 PM EDT
So, I'm thinking about getting my Mini Draco registered as an SBR.

Is there anything that I should take into consideration? I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life; are there any long-term reliability issues that come with stamped Romanian guns? I know absolutely nothing about AK-47s and I kind of picked this up on a whim. Gun runs fine with whatever I feed it.

I don't really want to spend $200 on something that I'll probably be married to unless it's going to be reliable in the long-run. Would it be a better idea to pick up an Arsenal pistol and have it converted? Again, I'm not really sure about the differences between Bulgarian/Russian/Romanian/Yugoslavian guns, so any input would be appreciated. I'm definitely open to selling this and spending some more coin if it's worth it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Is there anything that I should take into consideration? I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life; are there any long-term reliability issues that come with stamped Romanian guns? I know absolutely nothing about AK-47s and I kind of picked this up on a whim. Gun runs fine with whatever I feed it.

I don't really want to spend $200 on something that I'll probably be married to unless it's going to be reliable in the long-run. Would it be a better idea to pick up an Arsenal pistol and have it converted? Again, I'm not really sure about the differences between Bulgarian/Russian/Romanian/Yugoslavian guns, so any input would be appreciated. I'm definitely open to selling this and spending some more coin if it's worth it.
View Quote

If you don't want to deal with the legalities, just get the sb47 brace. If you don't like it, sell it. Start over
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you don't want to deal with the legalities, just get the sb47 brace. If you don't like it, sell it. Start over
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already have it - I'm more curious about how the pistol will hold up in the long run. ie. with an AR-15, there are some manufacturers that might not be a good idea to SBR. That's not to say that they're bad rifles, but there are better choices for something you'll keep/use for the long term.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Mini's are solid and good to go. The only thing that might concern me is the buffer in the reciever. I believe it's a unique piece and I don't think there is an aftermarket replacement.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of buffer is it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of buffer is it?
View Quote

It's a plastic buffer for the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're worried about the draco then get a M92 PAP. People run PAPs like a dog and they keep on going.

I like both my PAP and M10 Romanian AK. The fit on the M10 is a little rougher but it's a nail driver.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
He is asking about the mini Draco, not the regular Draco.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Mini Draco on layaway at Buds right now. I couldn't find any negative reviews on them. LOVE my SAR1.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top